PDA

View Full Version : Animal Control at the Dog Park!

Otto'sMom
01-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Yesterday, took the hounds to the dog park, as we usually do when the sun is shining. The animal control officer was there to check tags and make sure everybody was up to date. The past 3 years I've been going, this is the first time anyone has checked.
I was just pleased as punch because I'd made the special effort to put all the new licenses and dog park tag on the dog's collars just the previous week.
She was busy writing citations on people without the licenses and junk, and she never even checked mine. God dang it! The one time I'm legal for something and I don't even get checked:mad:.
Oh well, the pups had a good time as usual, with Austin getting harassed by a big bulldog. He couldn't tell if the doggie wanted to play or just bark at him. I actually had to hold him a couple of times to make him happy. :hearts:

Frzframe
01-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Don'tcha just hate it when you take the extra time and effort to do something right then get overlooked?! But I'll give you a cheer :cheer2: or two :cheer2: .

I wish we had a dog park here. I've been talking to people about it and everyone thinks it's a great idea so maybe we can talk the City into putting one up somewhere (doubt it but we can sure try).

jenfer
01-13-2006, 11:35 AM
That happend to us once, I purposely drove all the way home and put the tags on (usually Gi only has her name tag)... and they won't even check Gi's. But the dude did asked whether we enjoy the small dog area inside the park.

quavec
01-13-2006, 12:35 PM
:appl: great that they are enforcing the animal laws there. Didn't you say you might be moving down this way soon? :confused: Or it may be I have you confused w/someone else.:scratch: Anyway, I wish we had dog parks here and that our various animal control laws were enforced.

Nancy
01-13-2006, 04:01 PM
There's a little park near my house that dogs are allowed, but on leashes. Apparently what happens is everyone takes their dog off the leash, and one person is the "Lookout Guy" and lets you know when the dog officer is around. :rotfl:

Linus
01-13-2006, 11:33 PM
The only people that ever check Bailey's tags are the apartment managers. It's a good thing they never checked in Huntsville though...when we went to the dog park there were so many dogs there without collars at all!

Patt
01-14-2006, 04:37 AM
Good to know they are doing their job. I'd be in big trouble, Trixie is not licensed we live in an unincorporated area.

Otto'sMom
01-16-2006, 05:26 PM
:appl: great that they are enforcing the animal laws there. Didn't you say you might be moving down this way soon? :confused: Or it may be I have you confused w/someone else.:scratch: Anyway, I wish we had dog parks here and that our various animal control laws were enforced.

You're not confused, I'm moving down there in 5 months and counting! I'll probably be doing my house hunting in April and move in June:banana:

I'm bummed there isn't a park round there, my bigger dogs love to socialize. Austin loves to chase the big dogs too, but Otto and Grrrt just want me to hold them