PDA

View Full Version : Free dog training articles

areese
06-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I went to a fund raising event for a local rescue and while on the "pooch prance" (a mile walk) met this woman at the refreshment stop.
She was very nice and very complementary of my dogs...she was so glad to see dachshunds that weren't overweight and that do dog activities and also to see such a nice chihuahua who was (in her words) "as much at home on the ground as in your arms". The dogs were in rare form...Owen leaped onto her cooler and onto the table in search of treats so the other two had to do it too :rotfl: She does agility (AKC) with her border collies but she thought it was very cool to do it with "non-traditional" dogs.
ANYWAY...she gave mer her card and she has free articles to download...I didn't read them all but the ones I looked at looked good.

http://www.dogtrainingbasics.com/

Courtney
06-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Those look great! I am going to make this thread a sticky....

It is great that she is a member of the APDT and IAABC - very good requirements for being a member in both.

(I do have to laugh a little - "non-traditional" is right. I look at the pic of her with the border collies and I think - cheater! Try doing that with 5 dachshunds! WON'T HAPPEN!! :rotfl: :rotfl: )

areese
06-11-2007, 07:04 PM
(I do have to laugh a little - "non-traditional" is right. I look at the pic of her with the border collies and I think - cheater! Try doing that with 5 dachshunds! WON'T HAPPEN!! :rotfl: :rotfl: )

I have to admit...I sometimes cop an attitude about people doing agility with their border collies, shelties, aussies....I think...welp that's great but try a DACHSHUND! Of course i know someone who runs a bassett hound!!!!! I think that makes running a dachshund look easy...