PDA

View Full Version : Nature's Variety Raw - frozen medallions

Jill
01-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Is the mix a total mix? Meaning is it enough veggies too?

lotsadox
01-14-2006, 07:54 PM
My vet is a holist nutritionalist and worked with Nature's Variety on their premix. She says that it's all you need to feed them. :banana:

Lisa
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Yep, that's all mine get, it's a complete food, I only add pumpkin to mine for fibre.

Here are the ingredients:
Chicken, Turkey, Turkey Liver, Turkey Heart, Ground Chicken Bone, Ground Turkey Bone, Apples, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, Lettuce, Spinach, Ground Flax Seeds, Chicken Eggs, Montmorillonite, Dried Kelp, Salmon Oil, Cold Pressed Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Parsley, Honey, Persimmons, Blueberries, Duck Eggs, Pheasant Eggs, Quail Eggs, Garlic, Alfalfa Sprouts, Barley Sprouts, Millet Sprouts, Quinoa Sprouts, Wheat Sprouts, Inulin, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Rosemary, Sage, Clove.

They are as many veggies as any kibble and because it's not baked, they keep all their nutricious properties.

Michelle
01-14-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm so excited because I found a coupon off their website, i think it might still be there,, if you buy one bag of frozen medallions you get another bag free!!!!!, I printed it out and will be buying my first two bags of the Medallions on Tuesday when I get paid!..

Also, their website has a cool calculator thingie that tells you exactly how much to feed if you want to do a combo of raw and kibble, and you can put in the percentages of what you want to feed and how much the dog weighs and it calculates for you how much kibble in cups and how much raw in patties or medallions,

They really do have a cool website,,

Mama S.
01-14-2006, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=freshmtt]I'm so excited because I found a coupon off their website, i think it might still be there,, if you buy one bag of frozen medallions you get another bag free!!!!!, QUOTE]

Coupon???? Hmmm - me thinks me needs to revisit the website - maybe I can figure a way to try them for the herd! I went and the store closest to us has the medallions for $18 per bag - figuring that I'd only get 2 days per bag that is just too steep to consider but if I could get some extra that would equate to $4.50 a bag - I might be able to handle that!
Sandi

Linus
01-15-2006, 12:39 AM
I really want Bailey to eat it, but nowhere near here sells it...so he's on the Nature's Variety kibble instead.

Loren
01-15-2006, 08:14 AM
and I believe it's good to mix them all as each one has different ingredients and this way they are getting a bit of everything. One may have certain veggies that the other doesn't, and of course they each have different proteins.

Lisa
01-15-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm with Loren, even though I stay within the Nature Variety line, I do always buy the different proteins. Venison is their fave, but they get the Turkey & Chicken, Lamb and Beef ones in a rotation.

Plus at least once a week, they get 1/2 their dinner and I add a can of sardines (packed in water), and another night I will give them 1/2 and add a whole raw egg to their meal. Also if I am having chicken etc., they always get some of the raw meat. Plus, carrots for treats, lettuce etc.

JanUet
01-15-2006, 12:28 PM
I just viewed the Nature's Variety web site again to find that I may be starving my crew! But why hasn't Sophie lost any weight:scratch:

http://www.naturesvariety.com/

Since I feed them dry and raw, It tell me to give Casey 7/8 of a cup of Dry and 4.2 ounces of Raw. I have him at 20 pounds and Active

Sophie's is 3/8 of a cup of Dry and 2.1 ounces of Raw. She is a total couch Potatoe. She currently weighs 16 pounds (should be 12)
I give them the proper amount of medallions but only give them 1/4 cup of Dry.

Wha the heck is 3/8 & 7/8 of a cup? I'm not very good at math! :confused:

JanUet
01-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Where is the Profesor when you need him?!
Help me do the math!

Loren
01-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Wha the heck is 3/8 & 7/8 of a cup? I'm not very good at math! :confused:

I'm no math person either...but that seems to me to be MORE than a cup of food cause 7/8 and 1/8 = 8/8=1...and 2/8 more (1/4)...so by my calculations which may not be right...you are feeding 1 cup and a 1/4 :confused: :confused:

lotsadox
01-16-2006, 10:21 AM
I really want Bailey to eat it, but nowhere near here sells it...so he's on the Nature's Variety kibble instead.

There is a place that will deliver the Nature's Variety raw to your house. It's packed in dry ice or something. My friend has them deliver to her and has been very happy with the service. If you're interested I'll find out the details about it.