PDA

View Full Version : JUne 22-24 CPE agility w/ The Weens and Salsa

areese
06-26-2007, 04:37 PM
it was a great weekend once Owen got over his FOP and FOWPW.
He only got one qualifying run Friday (which did finish his level 5 jackpot)
but Q'd both his runs Sunday. Very fast, 0 faults, first place. 3 out of 5.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/OwensJuneCPE.jpg

Laika Q'd 3 out of 4. The one she missed was totally my fault as I lost my mind while running and didn't pick up enough points with her in her Jackpot run. I DID have to run all three dogs consecutively though...so I'm blaming it on lack of oxygen to the brain since I couldn't BREATHE by the last one... NOt a lot of little dogs there..so now that Salsa has reached level 3 she often runs with my other dogs.
I should say that although Laika doesn't have all firsts, she has more competition. She jumps 4 inches but is jumping as an early veteran as her real jump height is 8 inches. So she is judged against the 8 inch dogs...so runs against some fast Jack Russells and such. She did beat a fast boston terrier twice....cuz Laika runs perfect and Candy had faults :)
Salsa generally is the only dog in her class...I don't tell her that though. I'm still proud of her blues cuz she is always under time and in the points games she has TONS of points. Sometimes more than Laika and Owen!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/LaikasJuneCPE.jpg
Salsa was the star! She was entered in everything cuz I won a free weekend of entries for one dog and she likes to run and needs everything still of course
7 out of 8 Q's. She slid backwards on the A-frame and turned around and got off during her second Standard run (standard has all the obstacles in a numbered course. You can't retry the contact obstacles (teeter, a-frame, dogwalk) so that was a non-completion of an obstacle.
She has a fan club I think... people gather to watch her. I was happy though cuz instead of just hearing how little she was, I also heard how fast she was and how well she works. :) She does love it a lot!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/SalsaJuneRibbonsCPE.jpg

Our good friend Beamer got his C-ATCH Sunday. He and my weens are the only dachshunds running CPE at any of the trials we go to. He was the 3rd doxie to get a C-atch. (Moose being first, and Laika Second) He runs with all his heart cuz he is a short-legged guy. We love Beamer...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT0500.jpg

Da Brat
06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
:way2go: everybody!!! :congrats: on such fab runs!! And of course thanks so much for the pics!! I desperately needed them today!

Frzframe
06-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Gosh don't they all look so proud of themselves esp little Salsa. :)

LexieLuvr
06-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Great pictures!! Salsa looks like she is, as usual, surveying her Queendom - you go, girl!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congrats to all.

Otto'sMom
06-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Salsa is the proudest little bug! I just want to bow down to her royal presence, clearly superior to all she sees.:bow1:

areese
06-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Salsa is the proudest little bug! I just want to bow down to her royal presence, clearly superior to all she sees.:bow1:

Yeah... she's pretty cool...for a rodent-sized, half-bald, weirdly spotted bugdog....
She has a lot of confidence esp. in the agility ring. She did fall on her little face during one run as she jumped off the teeter. She looked at me as if to say.."I fell DOWN!" with her little huffy noise she does but when I told her she was fine, it was "OK I will run fast now". God she is cute. SO cute. Sometimes I can't hardly stand it.

Otto'sMom
06-26-2007, 06:35 PM
She's so cute I'd have to swear when describing the level of cuteness attained:

Salsa isn't just cute, she's effiing cute.
She is to cute what Chuck Norris is to the roundhouse kick to the face.

areese
06-26-2007, 07:07 PM
She's so cute I'd have to swear when describing the level of cuteness attained:

Salsa isn't just cute, she's effiing cute.
She is to cute what Chuck Norris is to the roundhouse kick to the face.

I feel the same way!
I never thought I'd want to have such a teeny thing for a dog... but even aside from her cuteness she is just a really good dog and she doesn't get carried around in a purse or wear outfits or anything. She just a great little dog who happens to be really really little and really really really effing cute.
I called Pat today to thank her for Salsa....even though she was paid for I was just feeling grateful for having her..

michelehbc
06-26-2007, 07:10 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Amy's babies ROCK! :appl:

michelehbc
06-26-2007, 07:11 PM
p.s. I want to gobble lil salsa up :hearts: :hearts:

areese
06-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Somebody at class took the cutest pictures of her ever...I dunno if I should post them though cuz she's not a ween...although she thinks she is...

Lisa
06-26-2007, 07:33 PM
OH MY GOSH!

My heart just grew a little bigger when I saw those pictures. Way to go WEENS & SALSA!

Those are totally amazing pictures.

:bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower: :bflower:

Salsa pictures are always welcome! We love us some Salsalita!

Rafi
06-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Somebody at class took the cutest pictures of her ever...I dunno if I should post them though cuz she's not a ween...although she thinks she is...

What kind of nonsense talk is this??? We would love more pictures of little Salsita!!! After all she is a Doxie by Proxie :)

So please go ahead.

I love the pictures in this thread, they all look amazing, they look so proud with their Ribbons and all. Especially little Salsa :)

Linus
06-26-2007, 07:41 PM
:congrats: cute and talented babies!

Otto'sMom
06-26-2007, 07:53 PM

Are you SH*TTING me? With all the non doxies I post???? Seriously woman, Salsa has her cheering section here who need, nay, DEMAND head exploding into candy cuteness photos of our tiny little buggie queen:hug99:

areese
06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
:congrats: cute and talented babies!

Thanks, Linsey!!! I am SO proud of them. The agility on top of Laika's earthdog...MY head is like SO BIG right now I think. They are such good good dogs.

areese
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Are you SH*TTING me? With all the non doxies I post???? Seriously woman, Salsa has her cheering section here who need, nay, DEMAND head exploding into candy cuteness photos of our tiny little buggie queen:hug99:

I posted them in the Hot Dog :) Satellite internet isn't fast as you think it might be but I sure can upload pictures faster! And I can watch videos now!!! whoohoo.

Alex's Mom
06-26-2007, 08:23 PM
:woohoo::woohoo: :congrats: *heart bursting with pride* They're terrific...and I never cease to be amazed at how proud of themselves they look in these pics...and you should be pretty darned proud of yourself too, missy!!! You are, after all, the "impressario" behind their greatness!!! Well done all of you!!! (including Beamer):hug99::hug99::hug99:

areese
06-26-2007, 08:40 PM
:woohoo::woohoo: :congrats: *heart bursting with pride* They're terrific...and I never cease to be amazed at how proud of themselves they look in these pics...and you should be pretty darned proud of yourself too, missy!!! You are, after all, the "impressario" behind their greatness!!! Well done all of you!!! (including Beamer):hug99::hug99::hug99:

OMG you shoulda seen Beamer!!! He and his mom took their victory lap and then he ran out of the ring and I picked him up and took him to get treats. (his mom was so excited she was crying) He was SO proud of himself. Just strutting. They KNOW somehow...
I swear Laika's been different ever since she got her C-ATCH.
Owen is always so happy when he runs well...he knows how happy I am. Salsa too...
I DO work hard with them. I work every day on something...but it's FUN. If I could do anything...I'd love to just train dogs. I just really enjoy that. They do too...I feel like they feel...competent and proud. or else I'm projecting :)

lizzieb38
06-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Awwwwwww!!!!My sweet lil nieces and nephew. Making their Auntie Lizzie, proud once again!!!:appl: :appl: :appl: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :banana: I just love how Salsa looks so proud with her ribbons.:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to all!

laura
06-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Salsa is so proud she looks like she will burst! :)

jenfer
06-27-2007, 12:13 AM
That sounds wonderful. :) Will you run Gigi for me? She is all ready to go!

quavec
06-27-2007, 09:48 AM
why am I just now seeing this?!

:congrats: to your crew and to Beamer! Those are great shots.

Lee Anne
06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Amy... YOU are amazing. :hug99: You are giving these dogs an amazing life and it shows. You're keeping their minds healthy and their bodies active and you are enjoying them to the fullest. They just ooze calm confidence. You have every right to be proud of those adorable babies - all three of them. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Tex
06-28-2007, 07:58 AM
A huge :congrats: to all involved!!!! Wonderful pics!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Mama S.
06-30-2007, 09:08 AM
You are da bestest Mommy in da world!!! Not only do you allow us to adore Owen Weenie from afar, bow at the paws her Salsalita and wonder is Laika can get any more gorgeous - you even take care of da frogs!!!
Y O U R O C K !!!!
Mama

areese
06-30-2007, 04:09 PM
You are da bestest Mommy in da world!!! Not only do you allow us to adore Owen Weenie from afar, bow at the paws her Salsalita and wonder is Laika can get any more gorgeous - you even take care of da frogs!!!
Y O U R O C K !!!!
Mama

Alas...i did not succeed in caring for the frogs. Despite all my efforts, the damn f-ing blue heron ate most of the frogs in my pond. I chased it away 10 times a day, drove my truck almost into the pond LOL, shot little apples at it with my slingshot but it was all in vain....
BUT there are plenty of little tadpoles ready to grow into froggies, at least. I keep hoping the frogs just left to be safe...and will return. Heron is gone now that there's nothing to eat. Stupid evil evil evil bird.