PDA

View Full Version : Ruby had to go to the E-Vet today

Frzframe
01-15-2006, 02:28 PM
It's really just our vet but I had to call his cell number for him to meet me because Ruby is having back troubles.

It started last night but I thought is was an upset tummy. When we went to bed she was grunting and groaning and seemed a little bloated. Then she got up around 12 am drank water went into the large kennel and vomited twice. Then she did it again one more time and after that she seemed to be feeling better. But every time I got up she would just lay there. I had to get up because both Frankie and Flash vomited but not like Rudy did. So between cleaning up blankets letting everyone outside and loud puppies in the next room. Then this morning I let everyone outside and when they all came back in Ruby had a hard time getting up the step. So I did the toe test on her and she didn't flip her right toes back into place. So I called the vet and he met me at the office. She can still walk and wag her tail. :cheer2:

She got a inflammatory shot and a pain shot. She has to be on Pednisone 2 times a day for two weeks and once a day for two weeks. She is also on pain meds. She is on crate rest for 2 weeks (and she is already making a fuss about that). It's gonna be a very long two weeks. :faint:

Lisa
01-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh no! Lots of rayz for Ruby. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

JanUet
01-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Geez! I hope she is okay! Sending Mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Poor Ruby :hearts:

Do you think something is going around? I mean.....Sophie, then Otto and now Ruby!! Did I miss anyone.......Oh! Yeah.......Becca!

lotsadox
01-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Sending rayz for Ruby! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and a :bighug: for you. You're right, it's going to be a long two weeks

oceangirls
01-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Lots of rayz for her, and for foster mom with all one million of the dogs/puppies you are doing such a great job caring for!!:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Please keep us updated on her condition.

Jen
01-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Miss Ruby. Back problems are never fun. Glad you caught it early! Hang in there, I know you've got a lot to contend with right now!

Patt
01-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Sending lots of healing :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to Ruby, I'm sure the Pred/pain meds will help with the pain.

Frzframe
01-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Shas gone potty or anything since this am. Should I be worried yet?

Patt
01-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Has she been drinking and eating okay? Has she had problems previously? If not I wouldn't worry, with Pred she will be drinking more water and of course that means urinating more than usual.

jenfer
01-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Sending Ruby :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: . Speedy recovery!!!

Linus
01-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Lots and lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a speedy recovery!

We need to stop this cycle though so no one else on the board has back issues!!

Loren
01-15-2006, 07:11 PM
poor Ruby and YOU! Chief can relate, he has had his share of back problems (knock wood..no more)....:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to all of you!

Frzframe
01-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Ruby has been quite since I got her a chewie and she is drinking and eating. She also went potty but still no poo but I'm not worried because she hasn't eaten much today.

Anatresia
01-15-2006, 11:13 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Oh, rayz for the girl!!!

Loren
01-16-2006, 06:37 AM
poop as often as she is not active to get things moving along. Glad she is being a good patient! More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

HotDogMama
01-16-2006, 07:18 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: lots of rayz for a special girl!! Hope you both feel better soon!:hearts: :hearts:

JanUet
01-16-2006, 07:30 AM
with Pred she will be drinking more water and of course that means urinating more than usual.

I can vouch for that! Sophie is just a Piddlin' machine! We take her out every hour! When it is bed time she can hold it. I don't give her any water during the night. I'm continually filling up the water bowls as it is.

How is Ruby doin' today? Sending More of those Powerful :bigrayz: :bigrayz: her way.

K2
01-16-2006, 09:06 AM
:rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: for continued tummy healing. I hope she's feeling better soon!

Frzframe
01-16-2006, 11:44 AM
I had to get up about 3 times with Ruby because she had to go potty. She is a happy little girl and it's hard to keep her from dancing around. I did the toe test twice the 1st time it was the same but the 2nd time she flipped it back over but it was a little slow. But still I'm so pleased! :banana: She wasn't happy to be in the crate instead of the big bed but I'm taking no chances with it. She was shaking this am so I gave her a pill for the pain along with the pedizone.

Her tail is now a full on wag instead of just half of it. :boogie: She is doing much much better. :cheer2:

Mama S.
01-16-2006, 12:19 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Miss Ruby to get back to her lovin self!
Sandi

Rae
01-16-2006, 01:07 PM
ALL HAIL THE WONDERFUL HOOMOM!
Yes I was shouting on purpose. That catching it quick stuff is crucial, and of course I have a very soft spot for Miss Ruby. Glad you are such an eagle eye. I am so glad to hear she is wagging and her toesies are better.

Continued :bigrayz: for much improvement.

Love ya, Ruby...

Loren
01-17-2006, 04:22 PM
How is Ms. Ruby today? :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Otto'sMom
01-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Otto sends :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to his pup pal and comiserates with her. Crate rest is harder on us than the dogs!

Nancy
01-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I do hope Ruby is feeling better today! Lot's of :bigrayz: 's for you both

Frzframe
01-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Ruby is doing great! She is settling down in her crate but I'm still worried because she still tries to dig her way out of it at times.

She also isn't as thristy nor having to go potty like the vet said she would. But it doesn't seem to bother her any so that's good.

Right now she is sleeping all curled up like a little baby. :hearts:

Fluffy
01-18-2006, 02:42 AM
I'm so sorry I'm in late on this one, but LOTS of :rayz: :rayz: from Pa that she continues to feel better!! Poor baby! I can imagine how pouty she must be from the crate rest! If only we could explain it to them so they could understand its for their own good!!! Glad to hear she is doing better :banana:

Loren
01-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Ruby is doing great! She is settling down in her crate but I'm still worried because she still tries to dig her way out of it at times.

She also isn't as thristy nor having to go potty like the vet said she would. But it doesn't seem to bother her any so that's good.

Right now she is sleeping all curled up like a little baby. :hearts:

What FABULOUS NEWS! Here are more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to continued healing!