PDA

View Full Version : Since you're standing there......

Jacqueline
01-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Taffy, being the typical doxy, always follows me into the bathroom. She patiently stood there watching me go potty, and hung around to see me wash my hands and brush my teeth.

As I was brushing, I got the bright idea.....HEY!!!!....maybe I can make this a good thing for her :banana: :banana: . After I finished rinsing, I reached down and picked her up, held my finger under the water, and slid it into the side of her mouth.

Well, we weren't exactly enthusiastic, but I still have all my fingers. I told my dh to come see Taffy getting her teeth brushed and tell her how nice and white they were. (I only rubbed a little along one side.) :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hopefully she will start letting me brush all of them, and no one will have to call me Righty. :boogie:

Nancy
01-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Great accomplishment! :cheer2:

There is usually a human/puppy wrestling matching that takes place when i brush molly's teeth! Guess who ALWAYS wins? :rotfl:

oceangirls
01-15-2006, 05:02 PM
That is exactly how you're supposed to start, by letting them get used to your fingers in their mouth.:cheer2: Good job!
Now maybe I will get inspired by your example to do the same thing :rolleyes:.

Patt
01-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Good for you. :appl: I would buy some doggie toothpaste and put it on the end of your finger so Taffy will get the taste and hopefully like it.

Linus
01-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Way to go!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Mama S.
01-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Nosey rosey aka Sam has started trying to eat my toothbrush every mornig when I'm brushing my teeth - will have to see if I can get him to let me brush his - as we have toothpaste now that a special someone sent us!!
Sandi

lotsadox
01-16-2006, 01:15 PM
That's a great start! You might try some of the doggie toothpaste they have. They have one that's chicken flavored and made it easier for me to brush Bogart's teeth (not that I do it as often as I should :blush:)

K2
01-16-2006, 02:50 PM
:appl: :cheer2: Great work!!! Hopefully, it will continue to go well.