PDA

View Full Version : The Weeniewanna be attends an event...

areese
07-02-2007, 09:21 AM
...of her own kind. I'm not sure she felt like she belonged as she seems more relaxed at dachshund events...
It was pretty fun though...put on by an agility friend of mine who has 10 rescued chihuahuas. Salsa won the prize for smallest chihuahua and also the chihuahua races!!! Won a HUGE basket of natural dog foods and treats...haven't looked closely at it yet.
I will say I NEVER in my life saw so many dogs peeing on things. Holy pee and poo, Batman! They had potty pads out and they used them but the boys were peeing on everything. Ew! I told Salsa not to get any ideas...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT0546.jpg

These two were my favorites. Fat, but cute...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT0545.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT0530.jpg

This poor little guy is Terri's (my friend). The result of drinking a marguerita and looking on petfinder. He was used for breeding and kept outside..he broke his leg 3 years previously and they did nothing..then dropped him off at a Detroit shelter. Thankfully, a small dog rescue took him in, neutered him, and removed the bad leg. He is 7 although he looks older as he lost all but 4 teeth (he only has canines now). Ears were fly-eaten. I just LOVE him and Salsa likes him too. Terri was afraid the rescue wouldn't let her have him as she had 9 dogs already, doesn't alway vaccinate, feeds raw...but the rescue woman came to visit and felt he'd be in a great home. She works at this doggie place (does boarding etc) so all her dogs go to work with her every day. It's a nice place..
ANYWAY...this is Gandhi and Salsa
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT0541.jpg

And another of Terri's, Teaspoon and Gandhi
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT0549.jpg

Rae
07-02-2007, 09:26 AM
they are cute but my heart belongs to Salsa when it comes to chis.

that was nice of you to take her to a chi event, but since she thinks she's a ween I bet she was like WTF?

oceangirls
07-02-2007, 09:30 AM
How totally cute! Great turnout! Of course when you have 10 dogs of your own, you ARE your own meetup already :D
Maybe she is more relaxed at dachshund events because she is convinced she is one?

areese
07-02-2007, 09:34 AM
She IS way more attracted to dachshunds than the chihuahuas...and who could blame her???? But honestly, she is most drawn to Begian Tervurans. She goes NUTS when she sees one (which you don't see often but I do see them at agility). Cuz she was raised with them.
There were 53 chis there!!! Some puppies too and quite a few dogs available for rescue. I'm way more fond of weens, thank goodness cuz Rob wouldn't be too happy if I came home with another dog.

lizzieb38
07-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Way cool!! Love the picture of her with Salsa and your friends Chi. Very cute!! Of course she won 1st prize as the littlest, and those others probably aren't really fat, just seem that way compared to the Bug!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

quavec
07-02-2007, 01:36 PM
So...how loud was it in there? All the Chis I've come across are more barky than doxies!

Salsa is my one and only Chi :D

areese
07-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Way cool!! Love the picture of her with Salsa and your friends Chi. Very cute!! Of course she won 1st prize as the littlest, and those others probably aren't really fat, just seem that way compared to the Bug!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
Those two WERE fat!!!! The long-haired one weight 2.5 last eyar and this year was 3.75!! The BIGGEST one weighed 12 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it wasn't a big dog, either!!! It was like the fattest sausage ever...
That little pudgy smooth white and brown one was SO sweet though....so soft and cute and friendly. I just loved her.

areese
07-02-2007, 02:55 PM
So...how loud was it in there? All the Chis I've come across are more barky than doxies!

Salsa is my one and only Chi :D

Nobody barked at all except Elliot (one of Terri's) who thinks he owns the place and was showing off. Salsa barked once cuz she was begging from some woman and was being ignored, she felt... But her itty bark is so quiet...and sounds kinda like a little frog.
Elliot SCREAMS so it was rather startling when he barked but he didn't do it too much.

Lee Anne
07-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Awwww... poor little Gandhi. I think you shared his story with us before. He looks MUCH better. Bless their little sweet hearts. :hearts:

Mama S.
07-05-2007, 07:22 PM
If da brat can't have Salsa - I'd bet money she'd take Ghandi!! I would!!! Poor Salsa - being reduced to spending time with Chi's?? Oh heck no:rotfl: :rotfl:

areese
07-05-2007, 07:33 PM
If da brat can't have Salsa - I'd bet money she'd take Ghandi!! I would!!! Poor Salsa - being reduced to spending time with Chi's?? Oh heck no:rotfl: :rotfl:

Gandhi is quite a guy. I do love him.... YOu shoulda seen him though...Terri has one intact male (he has some health problems that make putting him under dangerous) and Gandhi HUMPS him. Yup..the lil three-legged, bald, wrinkled guy just hops on and Deisel just lays there and lets him. It's pretty funy. He plays and hops up and down off of things just fine...he chews BONES with all of his 4 teeth he has left...he has no clue there is anything different about him. I'd take him in a minute even though rob would have a fit but Terri is totally attached to him....
There were so many cuties there and quite a few up for adoption. The nicest pair...Samson and Delilah....one smooth, one long-haired...just adorable. NIce nice nice dogs... and PUPPIES!
I hope when the time is right, Amanda can get the lil dog she wants..there are SO many in rescue!!!