PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Butters cut nose

Anatresia
01-15-2006, 11:09 PM
The other day, Mr. Butters had a cut on his nose after having that accident in the crate. We assumed he tried to bust his way out of the crate to go to the bathroom and cut his nose in the process. Sometime between last night and this afternoon, with us being home the whole time and no crate action, Butters developed a cut on the side of his nose.

They are red, open cuts. The actual black spotty part of his nose is missing. I've put neosporin on the cuts three times today, but he wipes his face off on blankets. I tried putting a bandaid on it, but that lasted about two seconds.

I'm not sure where he's getting the cuts from now! Could he be injuring himself in some other way, not the crate? What should I do? Is there anything that will make this heal more quickly? And will his open cuts leave scars?

Linus
01-15-2006, 11:22 PM
My vet gave me Tresaderm when Bailey had the sore on his foot. At the same time he had a cut nose and she said to put it on there too. His nose healed within 3 days, and there wasn't any scarring. Here are some :rayz: :rayz: for poor Mr. Butters!

oceangirls
01-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Wow, not sure what he might be doing! Do he and Rigby ever get in fights where he might have been bitten or scratched? I'd probably wash the cut gently with water and a very mild soap in case so it doesn't get infected. As far as healing, I don't think it will necessarily scar, but I would maybe call your vet tomorrow just to see if there is something else they recommend you put on it.

Neosporin also makes a cream formulation; creams are nice because they absorb into the skin while ointments sit on top of it. But it depends if they think you need to keep moisture IN or OUT of the cut.

Sending rayz:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Tanya
01-15-2006, 11:27 PM
:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: and :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: for Butters little nose!

oceangirls
01-15-2006, 11:33 PM
it is thiabendazole (an antifungal), dexamethasone (a corticosteroid), and neomycin (an antibacterial). Neosporin has neomycin in it plus two other antibacterials.

Patt
01-15-2006, 11:44 PM
I think it will be hard to put meds on his nose he will just rub it off. I would check with your vet tomorrow on what to do. Did you check the crate to see if there is blood on it or possibly he's trying to open it or a cupboard or door. I guess to be sure you will have to play detective. If the cuts aren't too big they will not leave a scar. Sending many fast healing :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to Mr. Butters.

jenfer
01-15-2006, 11:46 PM
When Gi cut her nose I also put neosporin on her nose. It's a tough spot to heal as puppers like to lick their nose. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Mr. B and hopefully he will have a pretty nose again soon!

LUVMYGUNNER
01-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Poor Mr. Butters hope it heals soon.

Linus
01-16-2006, 12:19 AM
It was a little difficult with the tresaderm on the nose. I put it on (liquid) and sat there and blew it until it dried and then watched him closely for an hour or so to make sure he didn't rub it off.

HotDogMama
01-16-2006, 07:36 AM
:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: poor Mr. B!! I hope your noonie heals up soon!

K2
01-16-2006, 09:04 AM
:bigrayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: for Mr. B's cute little nose.

Jill
01-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Oh no!

Last summer, we had come back from a walk with the doggies, and Bailey and I were standing on the front steps while Reese had run over to visit the neighbor. Bailey too off running down the steps, missed the bottom step, took a head first digger :shocked: and kept on running, so no bid deal right?! They finally stop chasing each other around, and Bailey starts limping. I run over, there's blood, a lot of it. No idea where it's coming from, then I notice his nose. He cut the front on his nose on a stone. It took a chunk out. It did heal eventually, with no scar. We didn't put anything on it. Wasn't any point really, he would just licked it off.

Mama S.
01-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Ohh noooo - Mr B!! Kisses for your nose that it heals up nice and fast! I noticed yesterday that both Oscar & SAm have lil teeny spots on their noses - guess it's going around:scratch:
Sandi