PDA

View Full Version : But Mom~it's COLD!!!

K2
01-16-2006, 03:03 PM
This morning we had a "windchill advisory" and it was probably about 4' and with the wind at least -10'. I took Pippit out to do his business(there was still snow covering everything from the snow on Saturday night.

Well, Pippit does his thing. And then we have to walk across the street to my car(he's spending the day with Grammy and Grandpa) Half way across the street he sits down and starts crying this terrible, pitiful cry I've never heard before. He refuses to move. So~being the pushover that I am~I picked him up and carried him to the car.

Well, it WAS cold out and I wouldn't want to be barefoot either!:rotfl:

Linus
01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Poor Pippit!! Way to use the cold to your advantage! :freeze1:

Mama S.
01-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Dear sweet Pippit Man,
You must come south and visit the herd! I promise that we haver no nasty white stuff to fweeze yu toes or make da Mutter fall down go boom!! Good mutter to pick you up and carry you!!!
Sandi

Alex's Mom
01-16-2006, 03:43 PM
My Maxe used to do that...really really sounding and looking pathetic! The little match girl had nothing on them!:rotfl: And how can you not pick them up, poor little guys???? Mind you, 30 seconds later once inside she'd be zooming around using those cold ol' toes just fine!

Lisa
01-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Yep, it's just too darn cold for him. Pogo does that too, he just stops and gets really low to the ground, I have had to run out and rescue him. I'm not sure if their feet stick, or the cold just gets to them, but I never take my eyes off of them in that weather, and my coat and shoes are super close. I am glad you picked him up. It is freezing here too!

Nancy
01-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah, it is nasty in Mass. today. Molly was shivering up a storm (even thought she had on her pollar fleece jacket) this morning when I took out to do her business. She know's that the faster she gets busy the quicker she'd be in the house!

jenfer
01-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Poor boy! I bet when he is with his grannies he would complain to them how you have ABUSED him. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Loren
01-17-2006, 11:56 AM
and Chief is not a fan of it at all. When we get home though I say does Chief want to wear his shirt...and boy he comes a runnin'

Forgot to mention the site where we get Chief's shirts and raincoat. They are pricey but boy does he love them. Doesn't even mind the hood on the raincoat!---which BTW he will be needing according to the forecast, rain today and tomorrow.. Ick..he hates the rain more than the cold!

http://www.houndzinthehood.com/dachshundline.html

Loren
01-17-2006, 02:30 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/13/earlyshow/saturday/main1206729.shtml

LUVMYGUNNER
01-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Sounds like Pippit might need shoes.:rotfl: :rotfl: