PDA

View Full Version : New pain medication on the horizon

Loren
01-17-2006, 07:21 AM
this sounds promising.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002744162_pain17.html

Frzframe
01-17-2006, 03:24 PM
This is neat I hope it can help to end suffering that other meds can't seem to handle.

lotsadox
01-17-2006, 03:34 PM
It sounds like it has real potential. Particularly in advanced cases where morphine no longer eases the pain.

Loren
01-17-2006, 03:35 PM
It sounds like it has real potential. Particularly in advanced cases where morphine no longer eases the pain.

I was thinking perhaps it might be an alternative to some of those pain meds used on dachsies and backs.

Jacqueline
01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
I have a blown out rotator cuff (well, two, actually) that causes me incredible pain. It also causes inflamation to flare thru my entire right side, up and down, neck, shoulder, chest, arm,.....you get the picture. No guarentee that operation would help, strong possibility it would make it worse....or I could die. Funny....I didn't like those odds.

I take a very expensive medication to control chronic pain, have large bottles of Vicodin for when I just can't deal with it, and should own stock in Advil. I would :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: a shot that would kill the nerve causing it without touching the feeling in the rest. The inflamation sucks.

Yeah,....that was another offer....oh...we could could kill the nerves on that side....uh....no :mad:

On the upside, I don't get a lot of migraines, never have to do any heavy lifting, and get out of carrying the groceries in if they're heavy.

Loren
01-18-2006, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE=Jacqueline]
I take a very expensive medication to control chronic pain, have large bottles of Vicodin for when I just can't deal with it, and should own stock in Advil.

PLEASE be careful with Vicodin...it is EXTREMELY addicting! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for healing!

Loren
01-18-2006, 07:54 AM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1375614.cms:appl: :appl: :appl: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Nancy
01-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Wow, this is cool! thanks for the post! :appl: