PDA

View Full Version : The "snowflake" in the bubble.....

catstamm
07-29-2007, 10:41 AM
OK.... I'm not quite sure what planet the snowflake (nieghbor) is from, But yesterday I had a behaviorist come by ...not cuz my girls are outta control, but to work on things like, our walks, not going crazy when the door bell rings, bark at the mailman or gardner..... and to work on princess Camelot's demanding tendancies...
So 11:30, Lee Anne gets here (without her pack) and Michele (behaviorist) gets here11 :38,...yes the girls barked for a minute like 90% of dachshunds when they came over, ...and that was it... We all sat down and Michele was asking questions about the girls, and what my concerns were... Of course the princess proceeds to get a toy, and starts dropping it at my feet and lee annes feet, and barks for it to be thrown.... We let her, so that Michele could observe.... now, this isn't incessant barking, this is a bark and them a reminder...and another....
11:50 my cell phone rings.... I let it ring because I didn't want to interrupt Michele's work (now keep in mind we haven't even started any exercises)... 11:54 the snowflake comes to the door.... "Cathleen, I don't feel good and have a really bad headache, can you have the dogs be quiet"!

(in my head I'm thinking) WTF...are you kidding me.... because you were out all night and have a hangover, the rest of the planet has to accommedate your need to sleep at noon on a saturday??? How in the world could you even think this is a reasonable request? :shocked:

I reply, "Well I have a behaviorist here right now, and in order to correct any behavior, they must first display it, so I can't help you right now!"

She walks away and I turn to look at Michele and Lee anne, who both have there mouth open in disbielief... Michele said, "you must be kidding me, these dogs aren't even misbehaving and it's noon"!!!! That is rediculous...
After we all tryed to process what this girl must be thinking... we went back to work.
Michele did say, If I ever want/need her to talk to my landlord, feel free to give her my number...your dogs are very well behaved dogs...but they are dogs and dogs do bark,.....

So Lee Anne says not to bother the landlords...????
But this girl has me whispering in my own home on Saturday and Sunday afternoons :sosad:

Alex's Mom
07-29-2007, 10:46 AM
You know, I think I'd be bothering the landlord, cuz this is just plain nuts!!! Or before you know it, you'll be asked to move when it should be her moving!!!!! Why the heck didn't she try to find a place without dogs?? (Although how she's going to find an apt that's under a dome of silence is beyond me.........she is living in a big city, after all!!!!!) Stupid b****!!! Just crazy...and you were so excited to get that place too. :sosad: :hug99::hug99: Maybe I need to come down and sort her out like I did the poodle lady...headache!!! I'll give her a headache!!!!!!! :mad2: By the way, glad it went so well with the behaviourist!!! Dying to know what she had to say (at length, and pics would be good!! :))

catstamm
07-29-2007, 10:56 AM
You know, I think I'd be bothering the landlord, cuz this is just plain nuts!!! Or before you know it, you'll be asked to move when it should be her moving!!!!! Why the heck didn't she try to find a place without dogs?? (Although how she's going to find an apt that's under a dome of silence is beyond me.........she is living in a big city, after all!!!!!) Stupid b****!!! Just crazy...and you were so excited to get that place too. :sosad: :hug99::hug99: Maybe I need to come down and sort her out like I did the poodle lady...headache!!! I'll give her a headache!!!!!!! :mad2: By the way, glad it went so well with the behaviourist!!! Dying to know what she had to say (at length, and pics would be good!! :))

Well it is HOT down here ...so maybe the snowflake needs a dose of your crankiness :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
This girl is outta her mind!

Red Haired Girl
07-29-2007, 11:01 AM
She is getting veeerrryyyy close to being harassing. Please - document, document, document!

:hug99:

Jacqueline
07-29-2007, 11:11 AM
I would have told her to wait a minute, come back with a bottle of asprin, and handed them to her. Talk to your landlord. Tell him that you have been an ideal tenent, pay your rent on time, do not make trouble, never make ridiculous demands, and do not alienate the other tenents. Tell him that you are being harrassed by this fruitcake.

Your lease allows you to have your pets. Hers does not allow her to have pets. It does not allow her to order you and yours around. Put a stop to this now. And I would do it before she starts calling the police every time your dogs bark.

catstamm
07-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Handed her aspirin, ... :rotfl: :rotfl: that would have been classic :rotfl: :rotfl:
I think the cops would laugh at her..... even if they were barking like insane outta control dogs, there is no noise ordinance they would be breaking, at noon on saturday....:scratch:
Jacqueline... here are the other posts about the "snowflake" to get you a little history...
http://www.doxielovers.com/dlc/showthread.php?t=14560&highlight=nieghbor
http://www.doxielovers.com/dlc/showthread.php?t=14629&highlight=nieghbor

Chris
07-29-2007, 11:51 AM
does this gal need a boyfriend (or girlfriend depending on her leanings?)

or just a life ?? :)

or maybe midol

Otto'sMom
07-29-2007, 12:10 PM
does this gal need a boyfriend (or girlfriend depending on her leanings?)

or just a life ?? :)

or maybe midol

What she needs is a high voltage jolt of DOSE OF REALITY. She really is on the verge of being harassing, she's annoying the piss outta me right now, and I live across the freaking country.

I agree, hand her aspirin and earplugs and a pair of big girl panties and tell her to effin deal with it.

areese
07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/PROD/bz/y4296

catstamm
07-29-2007, 12:46 PM
http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/PROD/bz/y4296

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Da Brat
07-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Cat, Seriously all joking aside. You NEED to have your landlord brought into this immediately! She needs to be told to go the h*ll away and leave you alone unless you are actually being a nuisance!

K2
07-29-2007, 05:04 PM
:wow: She seems like a winner....or is that whiner??? Maybe we should hook her up with the man-ho across the hall.....:scratch:

Is there some type of noise ordanince where you are now living? In our condo regs, it says something about loud noise after 10 pm and before 8am. If you have something like that......you could just tape it to our door:

Attention: if you hear barking between the hours of 8 am and 10 pm~you are Sh*t out of luck!!! If you hear excessive* barking between the hours of 10pm and 8am, please knock and the dogs will bark to let me know you're here.....:rotfl:

* excessive~ exceeding what is usual, proper, necessary, or normal
(dogs bark, that is usual and normal)

Claudine
07-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I feel for you; I am in the same boat (sort of) right now. My three wieners LOVE the sunporch and spend lots of time "suntanning" out there. Yes, they DO bark when people or other dogs go by. I am working really hard to control the barking because our tenant upstairs complained to my husband about the pups barking. He's just a prince of a guy & not another SNOWFLAKE, by any means. He's been our tenant for almost five years & my husband is afraid to lose him. SOOOO, i'm sitting out there w/squirt bottle & zapping them with water every time they bark! I hate it!I must be immune or something; the barking doesn't bother me!?!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jacqueline
07-30-2007, 12:40 AM
The next time the dip comes over and complains the dogs were barking, tell her...."It wasn't them, it was me!".....then bare your teeth and growl at her. I would expect that she will limit herself to phone calls after that.

I think you should start calling over there and complain that she is being too darned quiet and it is getting on your nerves.

catstamm
07-30-2007, 01:36 AM
The next time the dip comes over and complains the dogs were barking, tell her...."It wasn't them, it was me!".....then bare your teeth and growl at her. I would expect that she will limit herself to phone calls after that.

I think you should start calling over there and complain that she is being too darned quiet and it is getting on your nerves.

Stop it!!! you are killing me LMAO

Tex
07-30-2007, 08:32 AM
What she needs is a high voltage jolt of DOSE OF REALITY. She really is on the verge of being harassing, she's annoying the piss outta me right now, and I live across the freaking country.

I agree, hand her aspirin and earplugs and a pair of big girl panties and tell her to effin deal with it.
Big huge :ditto:!!!

BTW ITA with K2, a nice big sign is definitely in order!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LexieLuvr
07-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Cat, Seriously all joking aside. You NEED to have your landlord brought into this immediately! She needs to be told to go the h*ll away and leave you alone unless you are actually being a nuisance!
I totally agree - I simply COULD NOT BELIEVE what I was reading in your original post! This neighbor is a total pea-brain, with no life whatsoever other than (obviously) irritating you (and perhaps other neighbors). Tell the landlord - and/or get a restraining order! SHE'S NUTS!!!

lotsadox
07-30-2007, 11:33 AM
I agree. I would definitely consult the landlord. Document what times of day she is complaining and what is going on and tell the landlord this. Dogs barking between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm shouldn't be a problem unless it's continual. If the landlord told her that he wouldn't rent to anyone with dogs, then let him deal with her. That's not your fault. But he needs to hear your side of the story before he hears too much of hers.