PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Gets A Gold Star in My Book

Otto'sMom
07-29-2007, 09:20 PM
We had our weekly Petsmart class today, and I almost feel like we were cheating, Darwin did so well! Darwin has always been good with coming when called, and that's what we were doing, along with 'leave it' and down. He caught on so quickly with "Down" I was so proud, and he was much less frightened of everything in the store. He even said "hello" to other dogs in the class. Not the Boxers or the big dogs, but still it was a big improvement.
The best part was where the trainer held the dog at one end of the aisle, and I had to go to the other end and call him. I knew he'd shoot like a rocket to me, because "OH MY DOG MOM YOU LEFT ME WITH A STRANGER DON'T LEAVE MEEEE!!!!" I told him to come and within seconds he was in my arms, kissing me like he hadn't seen me in hours.:rotfl: He's SUCH a Momma's boy:hearts: I've bragged before about how, when off leash at work, he's the most reliable one to come when I call. The trainer said that dogs are so "in the now" that when they get away from you they kind of forget you and just go on with the scent or whatever they're following. Not Darwin! He always made sure I was there, would come out of the grass and brush just to make sure I hadn't vanished.
He was really good with 'leave it' too. It just did my heart good to see him excell:hearts:

The only bad thing he did was get a little too personal in saying "hello" to a lovely lady with a very short skirt on. He had his nose halfway up there before I saw what he was up to. Pervert.

areese
07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
YAY Darwin!! Congrats! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Claudine
07-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey Darwin! You is one reaaallllyyyy SMART pup! Good for you!!:appl: :cheer2: :appl: :banana:

Tex
07-30-2007, 08:37 AM
:way2go: Darwin!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

quavec
07-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Next meetup, I've got to meet the wonderful Darwin! :hearts:

Teddysmom
07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
:woohoo:!!! Awesome job Darwin!!!:appl: :cheer2: :banana: :hearts:
keep up the great work.:cheer2:

LexieLuvr
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Excellent work, little furguy! Keep it coming!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :banana: :banana: :banana:

lotsadox
07-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Good job, Darwin! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: A little momma's boy is a good thing in my book (of course, this is coming from someone that has 3 momma's boys and a daddy's boy :rolleyes:).

The only bad thing he did was get a little too personal in saying "hello" to a lovely lady with a very short skirt on. He had his nose halfway up there before I saw what he was up to. Pervert.

Ooops! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Rileybugg
08-05-2007, 02:52 AM
:congrats: Darwin, even if you do have pervert tendencies!:rotfl: