PDA

View Full Version : Duchie post-op update and questions

Rae
01-17-2006, 02:45 PM
HRH is home and resting comfy. (OK I was just making some lunch and she was actually giving me the LQQK... ) Dr Chuck gave her a bathie this morning and her bandage is/.... pink. Photos tomorrow when I am back in the office.
Thank you all so much for getting me through this. I has been horrible and now I know why I do not have kids wihtout fur. I would never make it.

She is on Rimadyl for pain since he had to cut her so much-for anyone who missed it she had metal and what appears to be fishing line holding her insides together- evidently a botched C-section done by a vet "wanna be".

Her teeth are beautiful and I did not realize how awful they were. Have not had a whiff of bad breath yet either, but that has not been my focus so I reserve judgement on that.

My question is this- how in the heck do I pick her up without hurting her? in order to get that mess out, Dr Chuck had to split her from breastbone to ...tu-tu and when I tired to pick her up to go out and potty I hurt her. I have no potty pads or I would let her go in the kitchen floor on one of those, but then again I do not know if she WOULD use one. I have to carry her out- three steps. I sure do not want to be hurting her..

My only plan is to wrap her up in her blankie and take blankie and all so I do not squish her belly.. :duh:

Advice please and thank you?

Lisa
01-17-2006, 02:48 PM
A loose blanket sounds great but you would still need to be so careful. I would be freaking over dropping her. Honestly if it were me, I would just let her go wherever she darn well pleased for a couple of days until she could handle being moved. Maybe newspaper?

Lots more rayz for HRH :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

K2
01-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Glad to hear that she's home and already using the LOOK!!! Sending her :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for speedy healing. I'd also let her go wherever she wants for a few days. Keep us posted~and I can't wait to see the pics of her pink bandage!!

Loren
01-17-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm glad she is back in your arms. No advice on how to pick her up other than to perhaps call the vet and ask for advice?

More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to both of you!

BTW Rae..you make candles? What Kind? I've just gotten hooked on tarts...

lotsadox
01-17-2006, 02:58 PM
I can't remember how big HRH is, but when Pebbles was very sick with liver and pancreatic problems and her tummy was very tender it was very hard to pick her up. I'd call the vet and ask for :help: I used to slide one arm between her front legs and under her and then support her rear with my other hand, but that sometimes put pressure on her tummy. Wrapping her in a blanket might be better. :dunno:

Courtney
01-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Metal and fishing line......dear GOD if I had a gun! Poor sweet HRH. I can't even imagine.

I'm not sure how you can pick her up either unless you can hold her upside down like a baby or something? even then that is not going to be comfortable!

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the bootiful Duchie.

Rae
01-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I think you guys are right- can keep her in the kitchen (she stays in there lots anyway) and hmmmm..... newspaper. Seeing as how I am the GM of a newspaper that should not be a problem!:rotfl:

I did pick her up just like Dr Chuck showed me (I can't believe I thought to ask!) , but when he showed me this morning she had just had a shot of pain meds so it is likely wearing off some now.

I cannot bear to hurt her so newspapers on the floor it is, carpet cleaner for the rug and febreeze all around.

Loren- I make several kinds of candles- wax pillars with multicolored chunks in them, gel candles with embeds and others too. It is fun and for a while before I met DH I went to flea markets and other sales opportunities... it was fun for a while, and I made money... and got to take it all off my taxes as a home based business.

I will try to take some photos of the ones I have done- the gels are new (to me) and they are way cool. You can suspend embeds in them- I did santa and snowmen and Christmas trees for the holidays and I have a neightbor who has an earth moving business and I did some for him to give his customers that had dozers and backhoes in there. Really cute. AND I might could be persuaded to do some dog themed ones for my friends at the DLC IF and ONLY IF it is OK with Lisa and Rafi and IF they will let me give DLC a portion of the proceeds, to be used for site maintenence, donations to rescue... or drinks when they go to Niagra Falls... :cheer2:

I have not yet found actual dachshunds (but I WILL) but I do have a source for dog bones, water dishes, fire hydrants etc.

And Loren I like my tart burner too. I use leftover candles in there all the time.

Loren
01-17-2006, 03:22 PM
ILoren- I make several kinds of candles- wax pillars with multicolored chunks in them, gel candles with embeds and others too. It is fun and for a while before I met DH I went to flea markets and other sales opportunities... it was fun for a while, and I made money... and got to take it all off my taxes as a home based business.

I will try to take some photos of the ones I have done- the gels are new (to me) and they are way cool. You can suspend embeds in them- I did santa and snowmen and Christmas trees for the holidays and I have a neightbor who has an earth moving business and I did some for him to give his customers that had dozers and backhoes in there. Really cute. AND I might could be persuaded to do some dog themed ones for my friends at the DLC IF and ONLY IF it is OK with Lisa and Rafi and IF they will let me give DLC a portion of the proceeds, to be used for site maintenence, donations to rescue... or drinks when they go to Niagra Falls... :cheer2:

I have not yet found actual dachshunds (but I WILL) but I do have a source for dog bones, water dishes, fire hydrants etc.

And Loren I like my tart burner too. I use leftover candles in there all the time.[/QUOTE]

Frzframe
01-17-2006, 03:23 PM
I would put down a towel so something soft if she won't go on a newspaper. I know Ruby likes whatever she "goes" on to be soft. Talk about prissy!!

The vet who did all of that needs to be opened up and sowed up like poor little HRH. I bet whoever had Duchie when this was done to her just wanted to fix her up cheap. Be glad though that her former owner (I don't even want to call them that :mad2: ) didn't decide she wasn't worth saving.

With all your loving care she'll be right as rain in no time. Give her kisses from Ruby Roo and me. :)

Loren
01-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Loren- I make several kinds of candles- wax pillars with multicolored chunks in them, gel candles with embeds and others too. It is fun and for a while before I met DH I went to flea markets and other sales opportunities... it was fun for a while, and I made money... and got to take it all off my taxes as a home based business.

And Loren I like my tart burner too. I use leftover candles in there all the time.

Ok..you are FAR more advanced in candles than I am. I am just getting totally in love with tarts...bakery ones in particular..YUM!!!! All you mentioned is simply a foreign language to me!:confused:

quavec
01-17-2006, 03:48 PM
:bigrayz: :rayz: to poor HRH! I haven't a clue as to how to pick her up. I first thought of the 'football' hold that I used on my kids as infants, but that won't work I dont' think :scratch: as it would put pressure on her belly. I hope she gets better soon.

squirrel818
01-17-2006, 04:10 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: X a million for sweet Dutchie! I didn't know she had fishing line holding her together. Thats awful!!!! ITA with Courtney-if I had a gun! I hope she is feeling better soon. Oh yeah, here are some more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Gay Larsen
01-17-2006, 04:33 PM
This is extremely upsetting, to say the least! How long have you had HRH? If I even stop to think about this, :scratch: it upsets me all over again. What must they have been thinking? Well, now things are going better, let's :banana: as soon as she's feeling better. I think the blanket idea of moving her around is the best I've heard yet. We just had a terrible scare:shocked: with Abby regarding a possible disc issue which turned out to be a false alarm :rotfl: Thank God in Heaven, but we went thru a couple of days of pure H_ _ _ when we weren't sure :confused: what was going on. In the end, as it turned out, both the vet & myself misdiagnosed her. Abby, as some of you may know, is a little down :angel7: ; therefore, this was all the more alarming. We did move her to & fro with a blanket; it was almost an impossibility to pick her straight up and down. How did you figure this out with Duchie & how long have you had her? Is she a rescue? You can never believe the things people do to save a few $$$! So glad you have her & the past is leaving her memory & now her body also. Gay & The Dirty Dozen
PS: To ALL: We have had nothing but rain, rain & more rain in No. Calif.

Lisa
01-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Gay, here is Duchie's story for you!

Have some :tissue: :tissue:

Duchie (http://www.doxielovers.com/dlc/showthread.php?t=935&highlight=duchie)

Loren
01-17-2006, 04:38 PM
We just had a terrible scare:shocked: with Abby regarding a possible disc issue which turned out to be a false alarm :rotfl: Thank God in Heaven, but we went thru a couple of days of pure H_ _ _ when we weren't sure :confused: what was going on. In the end, as it turned out, both the vet & myself misdiagnosed her.

I'm glad Abby is feeling better! :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Jen
01-17-2006, 04:43 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Duchie. Glad all went well, that nasty fishing line is out of her (OMG, how awful!). I think newspapers or pee pads sound like the best solution. Poor HRH, she will take some time to heal!!

Yolanda
01-17-2006, 04:48 PM
I am sure you will be as gentle as possiable with HRH. I use what I call the baby cradle pickup. One hand coming fom the the shoulders and the other from the hinny area and lift gently both ends at the same time.

You know after all she went through in her past life this will be a "cak walk" for her. She knows, Mutter loves her and would never do any thing to hurt her intentionall. Lots of healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Mama S.
01-17-2006, 05:33 PM
ODG - :huh: If only we could find the source- that would be, as we call it in the south, a justifiable killin. SO glad that she has a loving Mommy that is getting her all better!
Sandi

JanUet
01-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I am Pawsitively Thrilled that HRH is home! :yay:

I have no suggestions on how to pick her up for Potty sessions :(
Spreading Newspapers on the floor for her is a Great Idea unless you want to run out and buy her some Pee Pee Pads. The Pads do absorb the wee wee and are IMO easier to clean up. Sophie has used the pee pee pads here due to her medication that makes her pee and pee and pee and pee.
She had never used them before. I'm quite proud of her.

I would be hesitant about picking up any pupper that has been opened from stem to stern. I would be sweating bullets and in tears just thinking about it. We certainly don't want to cause her anymore unnecessary pain.

It makes me so :bleep: angry to read that she was just sewn back together and all her innerds (sp?) pushed back inside her, held together with metal and fishing line.:mad2: :mad3:

With ALL your :love5: she will heal quckly and be better than before, she may even dance like this :snoopy:

Please give her a gentle :kiss: from Me, Casey and Sophie :hearts:
She will be in my thoughts and :pray:ers

Patt
01-17-2006, 06:22 PM
If there are two of you I would try putting her on a blanket and use it like a stretcher to get her in and out of the house. Or possibly putting one hand under her chest and the other to assist in picking up the hindquarters at the same time. Possibly she will want to walk and will need a ramp down the 3 stairs. I'm sure she will let you know what she likes best.

Sending mega healing :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to Ms. Duchie and lots of :bighug: :bighug: for you Rae!:hearts:

Pokeys Mom
01-17-2006, 06:56 PM
:hearts: I'm glad she is feeling well enough to give you the L@@K!

Looks like you have had good solutions already given, and you already know about the flames that shot out of my nose when I heard about the metal and fishing line stitches. (Insert smilie of a dancing banana-dragon here! :rotfl: )

Here are :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to help her get through the first night. Brave Sir Pokey will be holding her paw long-distance!

Linus
01-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I say we all get together and find the :bleep: who bred Duchie in the first place, and also the one that didn't sew her up properly and take them out back for a good old fashioned flogging!! :whack: :shark: :dienana: :lowblow:

I'm glad HRH is recovery nicely. Continued :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the both of you!!

Fluffy
01-18-2006, 02:50 AM
I couldn't even reply to this when I read it earlier today...I knew that I would be censored WAY too many times. That being said........ :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for the bootiful Duchie!!! I hope the first night goes well for all of you! Duchie is one lucky pupper to have such a wonderful hoomomma!!! I think the pee pee pads or newspaper is a good, safe bet for a while too...heck I agree, I would let her go just about anywhere she darn well pleased til she felt a little bit better!!! Stains and smells can be cleaned up and removed!! I'd be so afraid to even touch her...brings tears to my eyes just thinking bout the pain the poor girl has to be in. :rayz: :rayz: for a super speedy recovery!!!

Loren
01-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Thinking of you both! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

JanUet
01-18-2006, 07:44 AM
How is HRH doing this morning? She is in my thoughts and :pray:ers.
Sending More :bigrayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: Her way.

Nancy
01-18-2006, 08:16 AM
How did :angel7: girl do last night? She is in mine and Molly's thoughts! :hearts:

Anatresia
01-18-2006, 08:48 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Big Rayz for Duchie's speedy recovery! What a sad, sad life she had before being spoiled royally by you! I'm glad everything is going okay now- I hope she heals quickly.

Otto'sMom
01-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Continued :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and support for your baby.

Rae
01-18-2006, 10:16 AM
HRH is doing pretty well, for what she has been through. She is eating and drinking, and her little tail was just wagging yesterday when we got home.. She does have pain meds so they are keeping her reasonably comfy, and I have solved the potty situation. I could not coax her to go potty in the house on the paper, and she kept going to the door and giving me the LQQK so I gave up. I was very careful, moved really slowly, and Sutton opened and closed all the doors for me, and we made it without a yelp. She was very relieved to relieve herself.

We have been out to potty three times- twice yesterday and first thing this morning, and she is doing well. I am picking her up under her front "armpits" and then stabilizing her butt with the other hand and of course holding her close so she feels safe.

And I spent all day with her yesterday, curled up in in the kitchen floor with a book and my sweet baby.

DH gets "good boy points"... he has been very sweet to her and even picked her up and put her in the recliner for me so I would already be sitting there when she got there so I would not squish her any.

AND (drumroll please) ... her breath is sweet and not "tinky" at all.

Will post a pic of HRH complete with pink bandage in a minute.

Thanks again to all- this has been a hard decision and a rough week. I appreciate my DLC family so very much- your support is amazing and appreciated.

Helen
01-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the great news. :hearts: More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Duchie. Is there an estimated recovery time?

Loren
01-18-2006, 10:23 AM
YEA! :appl: :appl: I'm SO relieved (not the same as Duchie :rotfl: ) that she is doing well. Kudos to you for being such a GREAT humom!

Rae
01-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Now that I know how bad it was in her little tumm tumm I feel like a HORRIBLE mom for not having this fixed before. I have had her for five years, and you could feel the stitches from the outside as her "seam" under her belly skin was a little bumpy -- but I had no idea until she had her stroke and we took Xrays (thought she was having IVDD) what was in there.

After the stroke, as I said in my other post, we did not want to do any procedure until she was healthy and our of danger and off the prednisone. I would hae never opened her up and risked the anesthesia just to take that out and fix her right, but ...

I just feel like I should have done something sooner. The odd thing is she had her fibrocartilaginous embolism on Saturday morning and we already had her scheduled to get her hernia fixed and her dental that Monday.

Her belly did not seem to bother her, even the hernia never seemed to.... I just cannot imagine how anyone could do this to a sweet innocent pupper, and I feel like a loser for not doing better by her little belly.

Bad mommy, bad bad...

Nancy
01-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks so much for the update Rae! I'm glad she is doing well!

Loren
01-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Now that I know how bad it was in her little tumm tumm I feel like a HORRIBLE mom for not having this fixed before. I have had her for five years, and you could feel the stitches from the outside as her "seam" under her belly skin was a little bumpy -- but I had no idea until she had her stroke and we took Xrays (thought she was having IVDD) what was in there.

After the stroke, as I said in my other post, we did not want to do any procedure until she was healthy and our of danger and off the prednisone. I would hae never opened her up and risked the anesthesia just to take that out and fix her right, but ...

I just feel like I should have done something sooner. The odd thing is she had her fibrocartilaginous embolism on Saturday morning and we already had her scheduled to get her hernia fixed and her dental that Monday.

Her belly did not seem to bother her, even the hernia never seemed to.... I just cannot imagine how anyone could do this to a sweet innocent pupper, and I feel like a loser for not doing better by her little belly.

Bad mommy, bad bad...

OH come on RAE! You are being such a GREAT mommy! Don't say that about yourself. If it wasn't for YOU she wouldn't even be on this earth! So ..stop it NOW!:hearts: :hearts:

Otto'sMom
01-18-2006, 10:42 AM
You are NOT a bad mommy! They can't tell us when they hurt or how much they hurt and I don't think even the Pet Psychic on Animal Planet would've known just to what extent her past life suckiness had been. You are best Mommy ever for being there for her this whole time.

Rae
01-18-2006, 10:49 AM
OH come on RAE! You are being such a GREAT mommy! Don't say that about yourself. If it wasn't for YOU she wouldn't even be on this earth! So ..stop it NOW!:hearts: :hearts:

Geez at the tough love- you been hanging out with Janet or what? :rotfl: OK ... I just have a guilt cloud over my head... I want her life to be wonderful wonderful wonderful to make up for her first five years...

Duly noted, Dear Loren.... thanks for the vote of confidence.

Rae
01-18-2006, 10:50 AM
You are NOT a bad mommy! They can't tell us when they hurt or how much they hurt and I don't think even the Pet Psychic on Animal Planet would've known just to what extent her past life suckiness had been. You are best Mommy ever for being there for her this whole time.

Past Life Suckiness- I think you have coined a new phrase and I love it!! Very fitting. And you are right, she could not tell me.... but nonw we know and hopefully it is blue skies ahead.

Loren
01-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Past Life Suckiness- I think you have coined a new phrase and I love it!! Very fitting. And you are right, she could not tell me.... but nonw we know and hopefully it is blue skies ahead.

and pearly white teeth and sweet breath too!

JanUet
01-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Geez at the tough love- you been hanging out with Janet or what? :rotfl: OK ... I just have a guilt cloud over my head... I want her life to be wonderful wonderful wonderful to make up for her first five years...

Now that is Funny! :rotfl:

Rae...Take a long look at that Sweet Lil Baby you have there. If It wasn't for you she would not be enjoying the life she has now. Forget about not getting it done sooner. Stop Beating yourself up! We can do that for you! :lol: Duchie has so much to be Thankful for.....Number 1 being YOU!:hearts: :hearts:

Please keep us Posted on her Progress :hug99:

Jen
01-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Rae, there is no way you could have KNOWN!! What matters is HRH has had 5 wonderful years with you, now she will have many more!! :bighug: You've made her life 100% better just by being with her!!

Frzframe
01-18-2006, 11:31 AM
what she's gone through. It brought tears to my eyes when you said you stayed on the kitchen floor with her. Awwwww now that is true love and devotion! And then again antother tear when your hubby helped her into the chair to snuggle with you.

What I've learned from my very short expreince with mill dogs it that they don't react to pain the same way others do. I would have never know Rudy was in pain because she did yelp or cry and she never has neither has Frankie or Flash. So don't beat yourself up about not doing something sooner you did the best you could with what you knew. Duchie is so lucky to have you in her life and because of you she has a life so buck up and stop being so hard on yourself and just keep on loving that little girl because we know she loves you soooooooooo much. :)

Fluffy
01-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Rae I am SO GLAD to hear sweet Duchie is doing so well! Now YOU young lady...stop beating yourself up!!! You are the BEST mommy Duchie could haev EVER asked for. You have done NOTHING but give her the best life possible to make up for the first 5 years. ITA with Janet, let go of not getting it done sooner. What is important, is you got it done, and she's on the mend!! They way I see it, the last few remains of her Past Life Suckiness are gone...you can both move forward fully and completely and never have to think of it again. Nothing but good times and partying for Duchie from here on out!! So chin up, you are an AMAZING mommy to Duchie, and each little kiss from her "tink free" mouth shows you just how much she loves and apprcieates you for all you have done for her!!! More :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for quick healing!!

Patt
01-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the update, I am very happy to hear Duchie is doing okay. :muchlove: :rowofhts: :bighug: to both of you.

mydachsies
01-18-2006, 12:31 PM
:hearts: Don't be so hard on yourself.You ARE a wonderful mommy.I am glad she is doing so much better.She still loves you and always will!!:hug99: Just look forward to a new DUCHIE and fresh bweaf.The ugly past is totally behind and the new totaly healthy life is begining.Sending you :bigrayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: for a speedy recovery.You are Duchie's :angel7: .

Gay Larsen
01-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Girls, Girls, Girls: Rae, for Heaven's sake, get a life! HRH is damned lucky to have you and she knows it! How many Hoomommies would sit w/her on the paper in the kitchen - - that's true love & devotion & she loves you with all her little short frame. It's awfully hard Rae to see our little ones in pain; we just had a close call & it was a false alarm with Abby, one of our down dogs that we adopted 10 weeks ago and talk about 2nd guessing yourself! - So I can't imagine what you've been putting yourself thru here. No one would have
handled it any differently than you have. HRH is a very precious Girl & the two of you are so lucky to have found each other.

Now, on another note! You can come up with a whole new vocabulary when you're reading something like this. Sucky past lives - - & then there's the new fact I just read (that I'd never heard before) that scientists say dogs laugh - - & the one who said she will never undress in front of her dogs again - - absolutely had me in stitches - - I almost lost my bagel out of my mouth over that one! You Girls are so funny Rae & this List is the greatest! Can't wait 'til Christmas & the Candle Girls get going on their wonders. Now I feel like I have to find some things to go in candles - dachsie stuff!! Keep up the good work with your Girl Rae- your love for her is sure apparent in your posts. Have a Good Day & be glad you have each other. What a real blessing she is in your life! Gay & The Dirty Dozen in California (The Unsunny Part)

lotsadox
01-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Rae, don't beat yourself up. I know how easy it is. When Pebbles was sick and dying and kept saying "How could she have gotten this bad and I didn't know?" I felt awful. I even asked my vet that. She was wonderful. She told me that there was no way to know because the signs were so subtle that most everyone took it for just "getting older". That did make me feel better. You could not have known the extent of her past life suckiness (I love that phrase!). You have done so much for her and she knows it. You're a wonderful dachsie mom. And don't you forget it! :D

Pokeys Mom
01-18-2006, 01:41 PM
I think the term, "Best Mom EVER," comes into mind with all you have done for HRH Dutchie. :appl: :appl: :appl:

You can't live this life in the past, so take a deep breath (exhale too!) and promise: no guilt, no regrets. NONE!!!

Pokey is glad to hear she is getting a royal spoiling. :hearts:

Rae
01-18-2006, 01:43 PM
awwww shucks. You girls are the greatest... and I am glad to report that HRH has just had her mid-day Mommy visit and potty sesson (and kisses and cookies) and seems to be doing quite well. She is still stiff of course and moving slowly but she was glad to see me and glad to get her cookies.

QUESTION- How long until I can expect poopies? Dr Chuck did not feed her while she was there and I fed her yesterday noonish and last night (smaller portions than usual)... am I looking for some tonight or in the morning at the latest?

Frzframe
01-18-2006, 01:51 PM
About your question I'm not sure but when she does don't panic because it's most likely to be really soft and well down right yucky. That is normal for after surgery. Just a heads up cause it was kind of scary when I brought Mitzi home and didn't know what to look for.

Loren
01-18-2006, 02:34 PM
QUESTION- How long until I can expect poopies? Dr Chuck did not feed her while she was there and I fed her yesterday noonish and last night (smaller portions than usual)... am I looking for some tonight or in the morning at the latest?[/QUOTE]

Yea...somewhere around there would be a good guess. Are you giving her pumpkin, digestive enzymes or acidophilus?

Patt
01-18-2006, 06:17 PM
QUESTION- How long until I can expect poopies? Dr Chuck did not feed her while she was there and I fed her yesterday noonish and last night (smaller portions than usual)... am I looking for some tonight or in the morning at the latest?I think your right, probably tomorrow a.m. would be a better guess. Remember nothing going in and nothing will come out.

Rae
01-18-2006, 06:24 PM
am keeping a close eye on her (as always) during potty time.. she gives me the LQQK as if to say GOOD GOD WOMAN CAN I NOT EVEN POTTY IN PEACE?

a little privacy, a little dignity... but NOOOOOOO..
will keep you posted on her comings and....goings.

Loren
01-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Yea..you also have to remember she is NOT active..so less activity = less poop! Let us know how it all turns out!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

JanUet
01-19-2006, 08:47 AM
How is HRH today? Sending many,many more :bigrayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz:

Rae
01-19-2006, 01:03 PM
she is awesome... she was running in the house yesterday- and WE HAVE POOPS! Eating like a horse and even rolled over for me to rub her belly...
I avioded the stitches of course but she is getting right back to her old self. Her tummy looks just like a football where she is stitched up but her soreness seems to be going away fairly well.

No troubles picking her up- no leaking or seepage or bleeding..

and her breaf is loverly.. Pokey... :hearts:

thanks to all for everything. you guys are the greatest/.

Jen
01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Wonderful news!! :appl: :appl: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a continued speedy recovery!

Running and belly rubs, that's terrific!!:boogie: :boogie:

JanUet
01-19-2006, 01:08 PM
:yay: :cart: Glad to read that HRH is doing so much better.:cheer2:

What a little fighter she is. She still has you well trained eh, Rae. Belly Rubs and all. Isn't that sweet!:hearts: :awww:

Yolanda
01-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Wonderful news.:appl: :appl: :appl:

We all know HRH is a special girl.

lotsadox
01-19-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm glad that the Duchess is doing so well. :cheer2: More tummy rubs will help her heal up really quick! :hula1: (she told me to tell you that!)

Frzframe
01-19-2006, 01:46 PM
just simply amazing?! I'm so glad HRH is doing so well and getting the bounce back in her step. :hearts:

Patt
01-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the update, I'm delighted to hear Duchie is doing so well.:hearts:
Sending more healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: her way.

Nancy
01-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm so pumped HRH is doing soo much better, and it's all because of YOU!! :cheer2:

Pokeys Mom
01-19-2006, 03:15 PM
:wow3: Great improvements all around!! Dutchie sure is a fast healer. It's good to hear she is spunky! :heartsign Pokey is excited about her sweet fresh breath!:hearts: