PDA

View Full Version : Wienerhausen Vet Trip (we're okay now)

Anatresia
01-17-2006, 09:15 PM
I came home to the most foul smelling crate where two dachshunds lay surrounded by their own diarrhea! It was disgusting! They must have backed up to the edge of the crate and shot it out, not to be too graphic. I had to throw the crate out of the sliding door, without getting poop smeared on my curtains, dining set or walls (not easy). I had to wash the floor. I had to throw the dogs in the tub and wash them. I might throw out their crate liner- that's how bad it was. It might not be salvagable.

Both dogs now have very cut up noses from trying to escape the crate. We had to go to the vet for an emergency checkup to see if their noses/bowels were all okay.

Turns out that I didn't take the time to adjust them to wet food, so I have to reintroduce it by mixing the kibble with the wet food (yeah, like they always tell you to, but I thought I was above the law and didn't listen- I will now!)

The wet food has allowed Butters' fur to grow all back in on his chest, answering the question of "is he allergic to the dry food and is the baldness from allergies?" (yes) but it gave him bad poopies.

Their noses are supposed to heal on their own, however, THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THEIR CRATE FOR AT LEAST A WEEK!!!! Ahhh! My poor kitchen! I can't imagine what they might do tomorrow!

And they're on a rice/hamburger diet for a few days, til their tummies are better.

So, if you feel like sending rayz for my poor kitchen, my poor puppers' noses and all, please do. Maybe they'll be good and then we could try a little more freedom once in a while. :) Fingers crossed.

Lisa
01-17-2006, 09:20 PM
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Lots of rayz! If Butter's is allergic, you really might want to consider the raw premix now Tracy (well, once all your food is gone).

Poor puppies....kisses for their little noses! :bighug: to you for being such a great Mommy and dealing with that! And :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that your little babies tummies settle.

Linus
01-17-2006, 09:32 PM
:vomit: I know exactly how you feel!! I came home to that a few times when Bailey was rebelling against being gated in the kitchen. The only difference is that his was intentional...yes, intentional.

:bigrayz::bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your kitchen, your babies, and your sanity!

Helen
01-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Poor babies. :kiss: I hope they feel better soon!

Nancy
01-17-2006, 09:34 PM
lot's of :bigrayz: 's and hugs to you!

Otto'sMom
01-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Kisses for the owies on the widdle noses, and :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for the kitchen and bank account woes that always accompany our Dachshund vet trips.

K2
01-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Ewwwwwwwwww........... I'm glad everyone is okay. Sending tummy healing :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: and some :bighug: for you.

Patt
01-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Sending many healing tummy :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to Mr. Butters & Ms. Rigby, I hope they feel better soon. To make it easier you could feed them I/D canned or dry which is a very bland diet and you can purchase from your vet. Big :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to heal the scratched noses.

Mama S.
01-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Poor Wienerhausens and Mommy. Hope the tummy trouble is behind you :rotfl: and that Mommy's kitchen will survive till your noses are all better!!
Sandi

jenfer
01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to the puppers & your kitchen!!!

alfina
01-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Canned food does tend to make poops looser because it is usually has higher fat content. I always make sure to give mine canned pumpkin with the canned food. Pumpkin regulates the poops really well. Both ways!

Rayz for mom and the pups! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Frzframe
01-17-2006, 11:20 PM
poor puppers.

I can kind of relate because today I came home to vomit from Frankie. Fun, Fun, Fun!! But it was nothing and I mean NOTHING compared to what you had to deal with.

Many kitchen :rayz: :rayz:'s and even more tummy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:'s.

Fluffy
01-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Yucky ducky!!! So sorry you had some sick babies today!! :rayz: :rayz: for fast healing noses and LOTS of kitchen :rayz: :rayz: headed your way as well!! Here's to hoping that your kitchen survives and that mabye the babies can have some more free time!!! :crossfin:

mydachsies
01-18-2006, 12:44 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for their wittle tummys.More :rayz: :rayz: for the kitchen and your sanity.Goodluck with freedom part.:yuck:

Rae
01-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Holy rectum rockets, Batman!
Sorry to hear it, for their sakes and yours.. ugh.
Hope all turns out well, for ..... ummm.. both ends, noses and hoses.

Hang in there- doxies...the final frontier... always an adventure.

:bigrayz: for healthy happy Weinerhausens soon!

Jen
01-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Holy rectum rockets, Batman!

You have such a way with words Rae!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Rigby and Butters and :bighug: for mom who had to deal with that appalling mess. Too bad DH wasn't home first that day!!

Let us know how the kitchen does with the little devils uncrated for a week!

oceangirls
01-18-2006, 10:24 PM
OMG... OMG... OMG!!! :holyshp: Sending lots of rayz for you and the pups Tracy!!!:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

I feed a combo of canned and dry, with a spoonful of pumpkin with each meal, and loose stools are not a problem, so I agree that yours will probably adapt just fine with time. In the meantime I bet they will really enjoy their hamburger and rice!!!

Anatresia
01-18-2006, 10:40 PM
They were actually really good in the kitchen! They peed on the puppy pad- no messes or mistakes! And they were SO happy about it! They've just been hanging on me all night, like, "Thank you for not locking us up today!"

And they are loving their bland diet of burger, rice, and boneless chicken breast (we threw some of that in for good measure.)