PDA

View Full Version : Nature Valley Medallions

BethMH
01-17-2006, 11:08 PM
I went to a local pet store today to check out the Nature Valley Medallions. They had some free samples, so I took one to try out with my dogs. Both of them turned their noses up to it. Rueben, who turns his nose up to nothing, was not interested. I was shocked! I am so glad I did not go ahead and buy a couple of bags thinking I could switch them over. I did get a bag of the Wellness to try out. I'll start that with Rueben tomorrow. Patches, my terrier mix, has been switched to a prescription diet. She has started having what the vet thinks are petit mal seizures (I probably did not spell it right) and said before putting her on medication, she wanted to try changing her diet. Apparently, she has had some other dogs do this and it helped their condition. Patches has had these episodes for a few years now, but they have been spaced very far apart. Just recently, she began having them closer together. This past week, she had 3. And these are the ones we know about. I am sure she's had others we have not witnessed.

So for now, I think I will stick with the Wellness for Rueben (assuming he likes it) and the Science Diet k/d prescription for Patches. I am also going to start adding a little yogurt to their diet. They love to lick my bowl anytime I eat it. I never thought of feeding it to them.

I will probably try the NV kibble next time I need to get more food for Rueben.

Patt
01-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Due to their health problems I think you made a wise choice with Wellness & K/D. :banana:
I feed a small amount of plain yogurt to Trixie.

LUVMYGUNNER
01-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Natural Balance just came out with their own raw food.

Pokeys Mom
01-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Very interesting. I am thinking about frozen prepared raw for the future, and am just about to start N.V. kibble with the raw freeze-dried coating. There are a lot of stores that sell Nature's Valley, but not Wellness or EVO nearby. (30+ minutes)

Are you already doing raw? I'm just wondering how a tummy would do with a raw medallion.