PDA

View Full Version : Bogart's Vet Trip

lotsadox
01-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Yesterday Bogart has his follow up trip to the vet. When you do homeopathic veterinary there are a lot of follow ups to make sure that the supplements are correct and are getting the correct results. He had a great checkup and at 13 is a very healthy boy! :banana: Bogart started on raw food at under 2 years and I've always thought that that was one of the reasons that he's so healthy. His only real health problem is that he has allergies that crop up occasionally and cause itchy skin, but that is under control. He's still on the supplements for allergies because there are a lot of allergens in the air here now. My friends schnauzer has allergies and he's on the same supplement. There's a lot of junk in the air here, plus they are spraying the golf course with dye to make it green which I think irritates him. We haven't been walking on the golf course, but it's right behind our house and the dye probably floats on the air into our yard when they spray. :mad:

Loren
01-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Hooray for Bogart! :appl: :appl: :appl: :cheer2:

I'm sure you were SO pleased with the visit! I'm hoping too, that RAW feeding along with supplements (some holistic) as well as accupuncture will keep Chief healthy for many years!

Nancy
01-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Cool beans on Bogarts health report! :appl:

Frzframe
01-18-2006, 11:34 AM
:boogie:

It's awful to have allergies as a human where we can tell what's going on and get meds for it but for a pupper it has to be much worse because they can't really let us know how they feel.

lotsadox
01-18-2006, 01:07 PM
It's awful to have allergies as a human where we can tell what's going on and get meds for it but for a pupper it has to be much worse because they can't really let us know how they feel.

The only way I know that Bogart's are flaring up is that he starts itching. Now when I see him scratch I know what's going on. The first time he got really bad because I didn't know what it was a kept giving him bathes with oatmeal shampoo and spraying him with an anti itch spray which didn't help at all. Now I know that if he starts itching we either up the dosage of the supplement or start it depending.

Rae
01-18-2006, 01:45 PM
YIPPEE for Bogart- so glad to hear he got the big thumbs-up at the vet!!

:appl: :appl:

I sure know the trauma of an older pupper and how heavy it can be... glad you got a good report and I know he is glad to have such a caring and loving hoomomma!

Jen
01-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Wonderful news!! I'm glad Bogart is doing so well. :appl: :appl:

K2
01-18-2006, 02:52 PM
:banana: :cheer2: :banana: That is wonderful!!! So glad to hear how well he's doing!:appl:

Patt
01-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Sorry Patrice I missed your post.. better late then never they say. :)
I'm happy to hear that Bogart is doing so well, your TLC is the best! :hearts:

Pokeys Mom
01-20-2006, 02:35 AM
:appl: :cheer2: :appl: Great news!!! I have a soft spot for 13 year olds. :hearts:

lotsadox
01-20-2006, 07:08 AM
I'm happy to hear that Bogart is doing so well, your TLC is the best! :hearts:

I'd like to take all the credit for his incredible health, but I have to give my vet her share. I think that if she hadn't steered me to the raw diet/holistic care route, he wouldn't be as healthy as he is. I'm so grateful for a good vet even though I have to drive 30-45 minutes to get to her. :banana:

Loren
01-20-2006, 07:48 AM
I'd like to take all the credit for his incredible health, but I have to give my vet her share. I think that if she hadn't steered me to the raw diet/holistic care route, he wouldn't be as healthy as he is. I'm so grateful for a good vet even though I have to drive 30-45 minutes to get to her. :banana:

I know the feeling Patrice. We take a taxi back and forth from Queens to Brooklyn just to get Chief to the vet. ($40) just in taxis...but oh so worth it!

lotsadox
01-20-2006, 08:53 AM
I agree, Loren. The extra time/money is worth it! :banana:

LUVMYGUNNER
01-20-2006, 08:57 AM
:appl: :appl: Yea for Bogart.