PDA

View Full Version : Murray

Alex's Mom
08-15-2007, 03:59 PM
I just got some bad news...one of the rescue dachsies I placed a couple of years ago was hit by a car this afternoon and killed outright. His hooparents had visitors who let him out indavertently, and he ran down to the road and that was that. At least he didn't suffer.

Murray was just a great dog. Our own WienerMom Charlotte fostered him, and almost failed fostering 101 with him. He was so heavy when he arrived in rescue that he couldn't walk from the car to the house. Charlotte worked hard at getting his weight off and while never a lightweight, he was a fit, healthy and happy dog. Please light a candle for Murray tonight and hug your wiens a little closer...it only takes a moment for life to change forever.

Godspeed little man :candle2::candle2:

quavec
08-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Godspeed Murray! :angel7:

Jen
08-15-2007, 04:11 PM
:candle: for Murray. I know he will be missed.

LexieLuvr
08-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Awwww, poor little furguy. I have that horrible fear myself for my two! Some people just don't seem to realize that gates are to be closed, in my yard. So sorry for the hooparents!! :hug99: :hug99: Murray is now in a place of pure love.

Lee Anne
08-15-2007, 04:16 PM
This is one of my deepest fears because of our busy street. I'm so very sorry for everyone who loved him. They must be devastated. :sad125:

bsquared
08-15-2007, 04:58 PM
So, so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Murray and his family.

Mama S.
08-15-2007, 05:09 PM
I am sooo sorry.. Will light a candle for him tonight..
Mama

catstamm
08-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Godspeed Murray :angel7:
And a :hug99: for you and Charlette...:hearts:

samandissy
08-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm so sorry for sweet little Murray. You had a great name and lots of love. Bless your heart...

lotsadox
08-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Godspeed, little man. :candle:

areese
08-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I'll light two candles tonight...
I'm so sorry for Murray and his poor parents...it's one of my biggest fears also. So glad he didn't suffer.

LUVMYGUNNER
08-15-2007, 06:09 PM
RIP :angel7:

Otto'sMom
08-15-2007, 06:24 PM
My candles are already lit. Dogspeed little Murray:pray:

Tex
08-15-2007, 07:12 PM
RIP Murray :candle2: and big emotional healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for his family!

HotDogMama
08-15-2007, 09:23 PM
How horrible, this is one of my biggest fears since we don't have a fence. :( :candle: for Murray RIP little one.

Rileybugg
08-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I am so sorry. There are too many candles for tonight. It is so sad. I will light one for little Murray.:heartbk:

Patt
08-15-2007, 11:55 PM
OMGoodness what a sad day. I'll light a :candle3: for Murray and will keep him in my :pray:ers.

Wiener Mom
08-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Thank you everyone, for your wonderful support and condolences on the loss of our beloved Murray. Please, allow me to tell you his story.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/charlie1231/murray.jpg

"Murray", was dropped off at the shelter here - the woman claimed he was a "stray" that she had been feeding for a few months (yah - a 40 lb. stray). After some much fast talking, I convinced the shelter director to surrender him into rescue, where we would see he was placed in a wonderful new home.
Since he was a "stray"-no one knew his name. My first visit to the shelter to see him, I dubbed him "Murray" (since the lady who dumped him was from a placed called Murray Harbour).

I took Murray home, with doubts in my heart-how would I ever get him strong & healthy enough to adopt. But, it was Murray himself who proved to be the strong one. First thing, was a trip to the vet (poor Murray, his mouth stunk so bad, we had to drive with the windows down). He immediately was put on antibiotics (the vet wouldn't touch his mouth until he had 48 hours of medication in his system); thyroid tested - which rendered that his thryoid was barely functioning. I remember Ron (DH) carrying Murray outside to pee - Murray could hardly walk - I sat on our steps and cried.
But within a couple of days, Murray was lumbering around the house, then the back lawn with us. He was so obese, he couldn't lay down without having a throw or blanket rolled under his head to balance him!

After his dental (he lost 6 teeth) & once the thyroid medication started to work -there was no stopping this boy. We constantly had to put cream on his body & feet (his paws were cracked & bleeding) then we used baby socks & rubber bands to hold them on, to help them heal. He loved his walks & there was no such thing as "walking" - Murray ran every where he went!!

Murray stayed with us for nearly 4 months - then Paula worked her magic & found him the most loving, wonderful family - who's heart was still aching from the loss of their first beloved dachshund. I drove Murray to meet his adoptive Mom & Dad - next to today-it was one of the most difficult days. But to see the look on their faces - it was instant love-I knew Murray was truly home. I got in my car - took one last look in my rearview - and cried all the way back to work.

Murray thrived with his new family & there is not a shred of regret in placing him with them - they adored him & are reeling from his loss.

He will always hold an extremely special place in my heart. Godspeed, my precious boy - for you are truly.........home.
:angel7:

LexieLuvr
08-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Murray's story made me cry - again. I am SO sorry for everyone's loss!!! So tragic.

lala25
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
What terrible news...I know from experience how aweful they must feel. I myself lost my Jack Russell puppy to a car a year ago and I was utterly heartbroken and devastated. My prayers are with them.

Teddysmom
08-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Geeze, how did I miss this yesterday?!?
Will light a :candle3: for little Murray (better late than never). Godspeed little man.:angel7: