PDA

View Full Version : Best agility moment

areese
08-19-2007, 12:52 PM
One run (aside from Laika's amazing fire in her butt run) was just so cool this weekend I hope I remember it always...
well it was three runs really...I entered them all in Snooker which is a really fun game...complicated to explain but really fun.
There are 4 "red" jumps on the course and 6 other numbered obstacles. You must jump a red before you can do another obstacle. You do that three times, then finish the closing which is obstacles 2,3,4,5,6,7, then the table to stop the clock. The beginning, which is red, obstacle; red, obstacle; red, obstacle, is your choice of obstacles, as long as you do a red first. (gets more complicated if you knock a red jump but hopefully that won't happen but tha'ts why there are 4 reds not just 3) It's set up so it isn't really easy to do of course. You need 36 points to qualify as well as correct opening (red, obstacle etc) If you mess up the judge says thank you and you leave. Or you could end up with not enough points depending on what obstacles you chose in your opening and how far you get in your closing before time is up. The obstacles are worth the same number of points as they are numbered and the red jumps are one point. We had 35 seconds.
ANYWAY, since Salsabug is now in level 3 in Snooker they were all running together. Thank goodness there were two other 4 inch dogs so I had one in between and I ran 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Snooker goes fast though. Esp. if the person before you messes up and gets a Thank YOU. I ran Owen, then Salsa, then Laika- my friends held my dogs by the entrance so I could run back and give the one who finished their treats, then pick up the next and go run. They all ran perfectly, fast, and pretty much flawlessly (O missed the weave entry and so did Salsa but they aren't faulted, it just takes up time and they started them over and did fine) and all got the opening and through 7 and to the table before time was up.
THREE FIRSTS!!! Since Laika runs as a veteran, her score is compared with the 8 inch dogs so she wasn't competing against Owen who measures for 4 inches regularly, as does Salsa but she was in level 3 not 5 like the weens.
SO cool. :banana: :banana: :banana: I can still remember the feeling finishing each run then getting to take 3 blues back to our pen was just icing :) 47 points each. I do have to run the same plan with each of them or I will for sure get messed up :)

catstamm
08-19-2007, 12:56 PM
How come we NEVER get pics...cmon' mom where the camera?
Oh that's right you are the handler :confused:

lotsadox
08-19-2007, 12:58 PM
:congrats: To Salsa and the Weens (oh, and you too Amy :D) What a great day! :banana: :banana:

areese
08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
How come we NEVER get pics...cmon' mom where the camera?
Oh that's right you are the handler :confused:

Yeah...it would be a little hard to run and take pics at the same time...
There are hardly ever photographers at CPE it seems...plus I think it's hard at this place cuz it is inside, not that light and you can't get at the side of the ring, only one end since it's in a building.
But we love running there...not a lot of distractions and the floor is this thick rubber which is just great for the dogs and my knee :)

oceangirls
08-19-2007, 10:16 PM
how cool! I got lost in the course description :conf4: which is not unusual for me, LOL, I'd undoubtedly get lost in the course too. But loved the story!!

areese
08-19-2007, 10:33 PM
how cool! I got lost in the course description :conf4: which is not unusual for me, LOL, I'd undoubtedly get lost in the course too. But loved the story!!
It's just really hard to explain.... lots of people new to agility or cpe are afraid of snooker cuz it sounds so complicated but it's SO much fun. I love snooker. I like all the games where you can plan your own course (snooker jackpot fullhouse) CPE is the best cuz it has the most games but USDAA has snooker too. And jackpot but it's called gamblers there.

jenfer
08-19-2007, 10:54 PM
That's awesome. :):cheer2:

Tanya
08-19-2007, 11:08 PM
:congrats:

That's awesome! I bet you were tired after all of those runs! So worth it though...

Linus
08-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Don't feel bad Kim, Bailey and I were in agility for a long time and I got lost in the description too!

It sounds like a really fun game though and right up Bailey's alley. I think he'd like it more if we could pick our own course - so to speak.

Way to go, Reese Family!

Alex's Mom
08-20-2007, 10:59 AM
:woohoo: What a day, Amy!!! That sounds like the gambler's choice class that jumping horses can do. Very very confusing...!!! I'm just SO proud of ALL of you (including the Weens' mom!!):hug99::hug99: