PDA

View Full Version : Pet cremation

Loren
01-19-2006, 08:27 AM
growing in popularity. Here's the story (http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/story/5467286p-4932911c.html)

Which leads me to asking, when your pupper of if any of your puppers have ever gone to the bridge, have you saved ashes? I think, although I don't even WANT to think about it, I'd like to have Chief's ashes...so he'll always be with me! Am I the only one who feels this way?

Yolanda
01-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Yes, I have my puppers cremated when they pass.

Loren
01-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes, I have my puppers cremated when they pass.

I bet you have some GORGEOUS (as far as pet urns can be) ones!

Nancy
01-19-2006, 08:41 AM
yes, i have the ashes of my little guy ezra. he's always with me!

LUVMYGUNNER
01-19-2006, 09:26 AM
I would have Gunner and Petunia creamated and in the house as long as we live. Hubby wants them buried with him--don't kow if thats possible.

Otto'sMom
01-19-2006, 09:43 AM
I had Izzy Wartzburg (non doxie) cremated. I just couldn't bear to keep him in the back yard, knowing I'd be moving away.

Lisa
01-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Actually, I really liked the dolphin one that Costco has. I even told Rafi about it , because even though this is so sad I do think about it occasionally and I have come to realize with the passing of one of my best friends, that some people do take advantage of you in times of grieving and it's an expensive (because it's inevitable) business. I am really thinking about getting the urns but I don't know...isn't that kind of jinxing them?

Loren
01-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Actually, I really liked the dolphin one that Costco has. I even told Rafi about it , because even though this is so sad I do think about it occasionally and I have come to realize with the passing of one of my best friends, that some people do take advantage of you in times of grieving and it's an expensive (because it's inevitable) business. I am really thinking about getting the urns but I don't know...isn't that kind of jinxing them?

I guess you could look at it from two different perspectives...the negative (jinxing them) or the positive..being prepared and having one less thing to get you upset when the time comes.

pat42
01-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Yes I had my beloved Oscar cremated and he is in a bone shaped tin and he sits on the fireplace mantle. I also put the statue of the dacshund on top of it and this way I can talk to him whenever I want.

Loren
01-19-2006, 10:17 AM
but here are some dachshund urns (http://www.pet-urns.com/breeds-dachshund-c-24_32_134.html)

Patt
01-19-2006, 12:25 PM
My pets are cremated and cremains are scattered.:angel: