View Full Version : Heidi/Princess first RAW meal last night,,

Michelle
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Heidi and Princess had their first RAW meal last night,, :appl: :appl:
I started them out on the Prairie Nature's variety raw medallions. They
each got 2 for their dinner and just loved it!!!

They went just crazy when they smelled the food after it had thawed out
and ate it so fast they were looking for more,, :boogie: :boogie:

I made sure I picked up all kibble that was down, and also picked up all of their chewy treats so they would not mix any of that stuff with the raw
food as their tummies were digesting it..

They really enjoyed their meal and I will start out with these things and see how it goes, I had a coupon where I bought a bag and got one free, so I paid only $11.29 for a 3lb bag of Chicken-Turkey and the same bag of beef was free.

Loren
01-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Heidi and Princess had their first RAW meal last night,, :appl: :appl:
I started them out on the Prairie Nature's variety raw medallions. They
each got 2 for their dinner and just loved it!!!

They went just crazy when they smelled the food after it had thawed out
and ate it so fast they were looking for more,, :boogie: :boogie:

I made sure I picked up all kibble that was down, and also picked up all of their chewy treats so they would not mix any of that stuff with the raw
food as their tummies were digesting it..

They really enjoyed their meal and I will start out with these things and see how it goes, I had a coupon where I bought a bag and got one free, so I paid only $11.29 for a 3lb bag of Chicken-Turkey and the same bag of beef was free.

YEA! I LOVE to hear these stories! :banana: :banana: :banana: WHen I hear about dogs not eating, I say to myself...I bet they would DEVOUR the raw! I'm glad they are enjoying it and you are too! You may want to add some digestive enzymes or acidophilus for digestion especially during the first few weeks or so. Again..congrats!:appl: :appl:

Michelle
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
They are getting Solid Gold Seameal mixed in it, is that good enough, or should I be adding something else too?,

I also drizzled some flaxseed oil over it too like I used to do with their
canned food.

Loren
01-19-2006, 11:16 AM
They are getting Solid Gold Seameal mixed in it, is that good enough, or should I be adding something else too?,

I also drizzled some flaxseed oil over it too like I used to do with their
canned food.

Ingredients of seameal:

Seameal contains 60 trace minerals, 12 vitamins, 22 amino acids, digestive enzymes, and flaxseed meal. It is excellent skin and coat problems. When Seameal is added to food, it increases the digestibility of the food. We recommend using Seameal with all our foods.

So you are actually DOUBLING up on flaxseed. You might want to consider acidophilus -good bacteria found in yogurt although I purchase a doggie acidophilus supplement

Michelle
01-19-2006, 11:24 AM
[
So you are actually DOUBLING up on flaxseed. You might want to consider acidophilus -good bacteria found in yogurt although I purchase a doggie acidophilus supplement[/QUOTE]

I will look for the doggie acidophilus supplement, I'll check the place I buy the Solid Gold at and see if they have some, I'm sure they will.. Thanks for the tip!!

Lisa
01-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Wonderful! I am so happy to hear that Heidi and Princess love it. Congrats on the switch (and the AMAZING deal!!) :appl: :appl: :appl:

For that price, I would buy a freezer and be cleaning the store out of their stock!

Michelle
01-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Congrats on the switch (and the AMAZING deal!!) :appl: :appl: :appl:

For that price, I would buy a freezer and be cleaning the store out of their stock!

The coupon is really amazing, a complete free bag with the purchase of one,, actually the website just sent me an email yesterday and offered me another free bag coupon and that expires on March 18, 2006. So they really want you to try the food, I can't believe that I was offered another coupon,

I wish I could stock up, but only one free coupon at a time...

Mama S.
01-19-2006, 12:07 PM
The coupon is really amazing, a complete free bag with the purchase of one,, actually the website just sent me an email yesterday and offered me another free bag coupon and that expires on March 18, 2006. So they really want you to try the food, I can't believe that I was offered another coupon,

I wish I could stock up, but only one free coupon at a time...
I can't find the coupon:mad: can you post a link to it??
Sandi

Michelle
01-19-2006, 12:30 PM
I can't find the coupon:mad: can you post a link to it??
Sandi

Sandi, I will try at lunch time, the first coupon was an offer in December and I am not sure if they still have it available on the website, someone sent me a link to it, but then since I signed up to get that coupon they had me in their system and sent me an email to try another free bag on them..

Let me go to the website and see what I can dig up, my pups sure love the medallions and getting a free bag is really worth it!

Courtney
01-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Woo hoo!! Congrats! :hula1: :hula1: :hula1:

Loren
01-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Sandi, I will try at lunch time, the first coupon was an offer in December and I am not sure if they still have it available on the website, someone sent me a link to it, but then since I signed up to get that coupon they had me in their system and sent me an email to try another free bag on them..

Let me go to the website and see what I can dig up, my pups sure love the medallions and getting a free bag is really worth it!

Perhaps you could email the company saying that you have a friend that wants to try the product out and you have received a coupon and was wondering if you could pass a coupon on to this person as she really is interested in starting to feed raw.

lotsadox
01-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Congrats on making the switch! :cheer2: Mine have been eating raw food for over 10 years and loving it! :hearts: