PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Brownie......

Claudine
08-25-2007, 09:08 PM
I was reading about some of the little pups who have gone to the bridge & it brought back a sad memory of my very first weiner doggie. I was seven years old at the time. Brownie got out of the yard & I chased him along a busy road trying so hard to catch him. Well, poor Brownie got hit & killed by a truck.Strange, the things you remember. That happened fifty years ago & I still remember that this beautiful lady in a white convertible picked me up ( I was screaming my lungs out!) and took me home. I remember she has a scarf on & sunglasses & I thought she looked like a movie star. I even remember that "Moon River" was playing on her radio.
Well, we buried Brownie out under the peach tree; we painted rocks with white paint & encircled his grave & made a little cross with his name on it.To this day, whenever I hear "Moon River" all those awful feelings come back.:sosad: :sosad:

oceangirls
08-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Oh Claudine, that must have been horrible! :(

I remember chasing my cocker spaniel several times when she got out too, with that awful fear that I wouldn't be able to catch her. I wish your road had been quiet, like ours. I'm sorry about Brownie but I know he had a good life with you :)

Frzframe
08-26-2007, 12:24 AM
:sad2: How sad. That would have been awful to witness. :hug99:

Rileybugg
08-26-2007, 03:56 AM
That's so sad. But I can't help but think of how strong your love for Brownie was/is that you remember him so well. I hope the happy times are remembered as strongly. :hug99:

laura
08-26-2007, 11:48 PM
This is so sad...I am sorry it still hurts you. Same thing happend to me when I was a kid, though it was my poodle. I heard the milk truck coming. (remember those?) I had a choice to grab Foster, my older dog or fifi. Since Foster chased the milk truck, I grabbed him. but this time it was FIFi who ran under the wheels of the truck. I will never forget that either.

Tex
08-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Ok, ya'll are making me cry! :sad1: I knew better than to open this thread at work......

I'm so sorry for both of your losses (for Brownie and for Laura's poodle).....I can't imagine the fear that comes with having to chase a loose pup on a busy street *shivers*.......