PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Graduated

Otto'sMom
08-26-2007, 07:27 PM
The odds were stacked against him today. I've been sick in bed with stomach cramps all day (what the hell did I eat?) and could barely pull myself out of bed to drive to petsmart. We made it and I managed to hold it together and the only thing he didn't do was "leave it" I cheated a little on the "stay" by getting him to sit and stay and then running to the other end of the ring and telling him to come then, which of course he did. He was very good. After one trip to the bathroom, I sat in the chair and checked to see if that's all we had to do. It was and I excused myself. Got in the truck, and proceeded to barf my brains out into a Wal Mart bag....WITH A HOLE IN IT....and had barf all over my shorts. I had to drive home that way, fortunately for me, the only contents of my tummy was a little water and pepto bismal so it wasn't stinky or anything, just gross. I managed to feed the dogs, and I'm back in my jammies and getting back to bed.
The good news is that Darwin GRADUATED!!!!!:cheer2: I'm so proud of my puppyman. Just wish I could've celebrated for him better with a trip to Sonic or something. I couldn't even take pictures (the trainer will be sending some to us soon) cause I was so oookey.
I didn't even check the DLC 8 times a day like I normally do, and I can't keep a thing down.

Linus
08-26-2007, 07:38 PM
:congrats: Darwin!!! I'm glad you graduated even with mommy's tummy pyrotechnics. Ewww.

Hope you feel better soon, Andrea! Maybe its just a 24 hour bug or something.

Jill
08-26-2007, 07:39 PM
CONGRATULATIONS DARWIN!!

Tex
08-26-2007, 08:01 PM
A huge :congrats: to Darwin, and many feel better tummy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for his mommy!:hug99:

LUVMYGUNNER
08-26-2007, 08:09 PM
:congrats:

areese
08-26-2007, 08:15 PM
So sorry you are sick, Andrea. Big congratulations to you and Darwin!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you are better very soon.... here's some tummy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you.

jenfer
08-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Congrats to Darwin and feel better soon.

Opaleyz
08-26-2007, 08:32 PM
:cheer2: Woohoo Darwin! Many Congratulations!:cheer2:

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a health, Andrea!

Frzframe
08-26-2007, 08:54 PM
:party4:

:congrats: Darwin!

Oh man Andrea I'm sorry you are feeling punny. Get well soon.

Mama S.
08-26-2007, 09:33 PM
OK - do I have to pullout the REAL Mama hat?? Stay hydrated, try some bland crackers - get lots of lovin from the NEWEST Superman of the DLC and check in tomorrow to tell me how you feel!
Mama

Otto'sMom
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks all, not dead yet, but can't keep a thing down, and have no appetite. HELLO....ANDREA WITH NO APPETITE=SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE.
I'll try to go into work tomorrow and get to Medical and see what they can offer me. Hopefully just bedrest, cause man, I slept all day and I'm exhausted now.

Would someone come over and get the holy barf bag out of my truck? :yuck:

Chris
08-26-2007, 10:28 PM
YAY for Darwin!

Congratulations Sweetie.

I hope you feel better quick, Andrea. that does NOT sound good!

michelehbc
08-26-2007, 10:44 PM
YAYYYY DARWINN!!!!

:hug99: For my favorite "dachshund" :rotfl:

:party5: :congrats: :wave2: :bubbly:

Ps I love you and all, but I aint gettin ya barf bag out the truck for you.... :rotfl:

Tanya
08-26-2007, 11:04 PM
:congrats:

Hope you feel better soon! :bigrayz: I'm sure Darwin isn't the type to get embarrased by his mommy barfing in front of his friends!

lotsadox
08-26-2007, 11:47 PM
:woohoo: :congrats: :1jump: :1jump: :1jump:

Alex's Mom
08-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Sending anti-barf :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :congrats: to Darwin!!!

LexieLuvr
08-27-2007, 09:48 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, DARWIN! - and many feel-better :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to hoomom. So sorry you're feeling SO BAD!

Rae
08-27-2007, 01:00 PM
ummm.. how hot is it down there in the swamp? I predict dire bad things will happen to the holey sack o pukies if left in that heat... :vomit:

the good news is Carrol is the closest. :)

Otto'sMom
08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, the holy bag of puke was peptobismal scented as I hadn't had anything to eat except that and water that day so it wasn't so bad. Most of it was on my shorts.

Went to medical and got a big ol bad of IV fluids and some pills to make me stop being vomity, the Dr. thinks it's just a gastro intestinal bug, but wants to make sure it's not my appendix. I don't think it is.
Had a hell of a time putting the IV into my arm. Seems I've got thick skin :lol:

Had to go buy Gatorade and some 7-UP, that was always the remedy when I was a kid.

quavec
08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
:congrats: to Darwin, and yes, if need be, I'll come over and hold your hair out of the toilet :rolleyes: Just give me a shout. Figures you'd go and get sick to finally get me to head East. :rotfl:

Hope it's just a bug. Should have asked for phenegren. Love the stuff when my belly is rolling.

Patt
08-27-2007, 03:25 PM
:congrats: to Darwin!!

Here's some feel better tummy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: I hope the med/fluids help you get better faster.

Lee Anne
08-27-2007, 03:35 PM
When you are sick like that, please drink chicken broth only. No gatorade or any sports drinks. The chicken broth will help you re-hydrate, is gentle on your stomach, and the salt 'n stuff is good for you.

You are SOOOOOO dedicated beyond belief. :hug99:

Otto'sMom
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
When you are sick like that, please drink chicken broth only. No gatorade or any sports drinks. The chicken broth will help you re-hydrate, is gentle on your stomach, and the salt 'n stuff is good for you.

The Dr. specifically told me to drink gatorade mixed 50/50 with water. I figured diet 7-Up would be just as good.

My tummy still hurts, but at least I was able to get some rest. They gave me some anti-nausia medication to take so I could keep stuff down...Just don't want to eat yet. I bought bananas and applesauce. Don't like chicken broth.:yuck: and when the poor medical dude was trying to put the catheter in my arm, I was not a tough girl. I told him he sucked (laughing at him too) and called him Dr. Kevorkian. He left me with a big ol' bruise on my right arm. I guess being dehydrated made everything a little more difficult. It was so funny cause he's normally a total pro at it, and to be flummoxed by a girl with tough skin is just amusing. When the Dr. pressed on my abdomen, it HURT and I asked if I could hit him now. For some reason he wouldn't let me.:scratch:

oceangirls
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
That's great for Darwin! :cheer2: but sorry it was a bad day for you. Gatorade + water 50/50 is a good recommendation because it has salt and sugar (but more than most people need, hence the added water)... Diet 7-Up probably isn't the first choice (no sugar... no - or very little salt), but most likely won't kill ya.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: !!!

Claudine
08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeeeaaahhhhh DARWIN!!! Way to go!!!!:congrats: :congrats: :ring:thumbup: Hope mommy feels better really soon! Make sure she takes you to Sonic as soon as she's better, though, 'cuz you deserve it!!:appl: :hearts: :appl: :hearts:

Mama S.
08-27-2007, 08:51 PM
OK Carrol - do you have room in your vehicle for Mama?? My chickie MUST be sick - tottering around to get bags packed...
Mama

quavec
08-27-2007, 09:21 PM
OK Carrol - do you have room in your vehicle for Mama?? My chickie MUST be sick - tottering around to get bags packed...
Mama
Yep, sure do.

Andrea - you might want to buy some pedialyte pops. Now, this might cause you to go into the children's section at Walmart, but I promise i won't tell a soul.

They are awesome for dehydration.

Otto'sMom
08-27-2007, 09:25 PM
I've had 3 glasses of my gatorade and 7 up cocktail, and a banana but my tummy still hurts when it's pressed on, but the cramps are fewer and further inbetween. I managed to clean litterboxes, feed dogs and sweep the hair up off the floor. I'm beat.

But in other good news, Dusty ate 1/4 cup of dog food, willingly, this morning and this evening.:cheer2: I've got to drop him off again in the AM and the vet will see how well he's doing.:pray: