PDA

View Full Version : Pokey's Tummy- Again!

Pokeys Mom
01-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Otto- do not read!! Pokey's tummy twin is Peaches this time, OK?

This morning was a complete repeat of January 3rd. Pokey had the beginnings of diarrhea yesterday, another semi-rough night, then vomiting and diarrhea this morning trying to get him to the vet.

He was only off his liquid Flagyl for four days. :scratch:

Now he is back on liquid Flagyl, has an antibiotic called Clavamox, and is supposed to eat Hills I/D instead of rice (and chicken). We're not going to give him anything solid for quite a few hours.

I really hope it is not Irritable Bowl Syndrome. According to the vet, Pokey's intestine is irritated (-again.) DH took him in, so I wasn't there to hear any other terms.

I will call the vet in a few days, because I don't know if the Hills I/D is short term or long term.

My poor baby!!!:hearts:

Helen
01-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Oh, poor Pokey! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Get better soon little man!

Lisa
01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Oh no! Lots and lots of rayz for Pokey!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: I hope the little cutie pies tummy is better quickly.

Loren
01-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Poor Pokey! Has he been tested for worms, or parasites? Seems that there must be an underlying issue that has yet to be addressed. :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Rae
dere Pokey: dis Duchie an I so sowwy you tummy not feel goods on da inside. My tummy no feel goods on da outside. My momma say I wook wike a football da way my tummy stitched up.

Back ta you.... I hope you tummy feel better weally soon. I not wike da poopies or da pukies or da iwwitable bowews...

I too is on Cwavamox... we hab yet more in common. It is ment ta be. :hearts:

I wish I was cwoser an I would hold you paw till you feew betters.

Kisses- wif fwesh bweaf...

You fwiend Duchie

Frzframe
Hope your feeling better on the new diet. :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

K2
01-19-2006, 04:06 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: For poor Pokey!! I hope he's better soon!

Pokeys Mom
01-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Poor Pokey! Has he been tested for worms, or parasites? Seems that there must be an underlying issue that has yet to be addressed. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: I agree. Both times I had to be at work super early to teach ballet. DH was able to be late for work and take Pokey in, so I feel like I missed out on a lot. However, when I took Miss Marta in to the vet a few months back, they tested for bacteria and parasites, if not more.

I'm pretty sure they ran tests. His vet knows that he sometimes goes to doggie day care and dog parks, but still asks us every time. I'll get more info out of DH for sure this afternoon. (PCT)

It really seems like his tummy didn't fully heal the first time. Maybe up to 90% better.

Right now he is sleeping with a smile on his face, dreaming about fwesh bweath kisses from HRH Dutchie!! :hearts:

Pokeys Mom
01-19-2006, 04:17 PM
I :love5: Pokey's vet!! They just called to say his fecal tests came in negative, and believe his intestinal problems are digestive.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That's my good news for the day!! Hahahaha!

Loren
01-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I :love5: Pokey's vet!! They just called to say his fecal tests came in negative, and believe his intestinal problems are digestive.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That's my good news for the day!! Hahahaha!

Hmm..if that's the case you might want to put him on a digestive enzyme and acidophilus (good bacteria) and what I find that works WONDERFULLY for diarrhea is SLIPPERY ELM!

Mama S.
01-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Oh no Pokey man..... Poofin loads of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: your way that your belly troubles get all better really fast!
Sandi

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Well...I am late again...but very glad to hear Pokey's good news. I am so sorry he has had another rough time. The girls and I send our love and big sloppy kisses...and Hoover too.

Patt
01-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Poor baby, he must be feeling bad. I/D is an excellent food for IBD or other intestinal problems, since the flare up was so soon he could be on I/D for quite a while they do have a choice of dry or canned. We have some patients at the vets that will be on it their entire lives. Sending get well tummy :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to Pokey, hope he feels better soon. :hearts:

Pokeys Mom
01-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Poor baby, he must be feeling bad. I/D is an excellent food for IBD or other intestinal problems, since the flare up was so soon he could be on I/D for quite a while they do have a choice of dry or canned. We have some patients at the vets that will be on it their entire lives. Sending get well tummy :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to Pokey, hope he feels better soon. :hearts:Thanks everyone for the tummy :rayz: ! We will try not to use all of the DLC's tummy rayz this month. I told Pokey that he needs to share. :)

Thanks Patt! It just helps to know what size bag to get at the store -especailly with LA traffic.

Yesterday finally ordered the Nature Valley kibble. I guess Miss Marta will have it all for herself after a two week transition. :D (Not risking her tummy too!)

lotsadox
01-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Poor Pokey! Sending rayz for his tummy to feel better. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

JanUet
01-19-2006, 07:47 PM
:sorry: I'm late with the posting.

Glad to read that Pokey's fecal test are negative! :banana:
Let's just hope that he gets better soon to share that kibble with his sister, before she gobbles it all up.

Sending Pokey more :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Otto'sMom
01-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Otto is definately not on my lap reading this one :)
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: From Austin and Grrrt (Otto'd send :rayz: :rayz: too but he knows nothing of her relapse...dang little copydoxie)

Linus
01-19-2006, 08:02 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a full recovery this time!!!!

Tanya
01-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi Pokey!

Dis is Peaches. I sowwy you not feewin well. I not edur. I hope we both get well real soon! :hug99:

Luv,
Peaches

oceangirls
01-19-2006, 09:18 PM
is going on with all these sick puppers??!!?? Sending lots of rayz:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: . I'm glad you at least have some idea of what's going on. Keep us updated.

Pokeys Mom
01-20-2006, 02:45 AM
Hi Pokey!

Dis is Peaches. I sowwy you not feewin well. I not edur. I hope we both get well real soon! :hug99:

Luv,
Peaches Hi dere Miss Peaches! Dis is Bwave Sir Pokey. Sowwy you are my tummy twin dis time. Hoodad just told Hoomom dat I had blood too, and she gots worried.

Da Chief White Coat said sometimes longer dan a week happens wit gettin better. I hopes you get the real better real soon!! :hug99: Dis thyme da medications are workin good.

If you ever need to share a warm blanket to get this thing called "better," come on over. I took over Marta's bed, so there is a wot of woom! :) (Nuttin but innocent schnoozin. Dutchie is my :hearts: :hearts: !)

Pokeys Mom
01-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Pokey is downright spunky today! :banana:

After DH came home, I was able to get more info. It sounds like Peaches and Pokey really are going through something very similar.

Pokey did have blood in his stools, and DH took a sample to the vet. :hearts: The vet was not thrilled, but not surprised by this relapse -or lack of a full recovery from January 3rd. In most cases a week is sufficient treatment, but sometimes more time is needed.

She is thinking it could be IBS or Colitis. Pokey goes back in one week if not 100% better. Then they will do ultrasounds and biopsies if need be.

Pokey's systems are working better today than in weeks. :boogie:

Patt & Loren- Thank you for the diet advice!! :cheer2:

Yolanda
01-20-2006, 02:24 PM
She is thinking it could be IBS or Colitis. :

Sounds a lot like Colitis. It takes a few weeks to really get over it and then can re-appear jsut about anytime.

My cart wonder Sassy has on going colitis issues. The one thing I found out that really helps is the ACIDOPHILUS +. She gets it twice a day in her food and it has been instrumental in hleping her improve.

Loren
01-20-2006, 03:11 PM
The one thing I found out that really helps is the ACIDOPHILUS +. She gets it twice a day in her food and it has been instrumental in hleping her improve.

I buy this stuff in BULK. 12 containers at a time which lasts me a year. Get it straight from the manufacturer so it is so much cheaper!

Pokeys Mom
01-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I buy this stuff in BULK. 12 containers at a time which lasts me a year. Get it straight from the manufacturer so it is so much cheaper! Fantastic! Thank you!! :bow1:

Patt
01-20-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm happy to hear Pokey is spunky today. :cheer2: :sausage: :cheer2: :sausage:

Loren
01-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Fantastic! Thank you!! :bow1:

Do you have the website, or would you like me to post it for you?

Otto'sMom
01-21-2006, 10:28 AM
When in doubt, post it out!

Pokeys Mom
01-21-2006, 02:51 PM
When in doubt, post it out!Others might like it too. :hula1: Is it the same one from your PM? If not, then I don't have it.

Pokey performed his best ever Act II today, of the past three weeks. :banana:

Loren
01-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Here's the link to the manufacturer.

http://www.pet-authority.com/newpage1.htm

I think I pay around 7 bucks for each container...where in a supply place it's like 12!:shocked: