PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong with Stinker

Mama S.
01-19-2006, 08:59 PM
All of a sudden she refuses to put any weight on her front leg. She was fine earlier. hasn't yelped, cried out - anything. SHe just refuses to put weight on that leg. I've checked her paw - nothing inbetween her toes, nails are all ok - she doesn't flinch when you move it any certain way- I've pulled (gently) prodded, poked - nothing but put her on the floor and she lays down - won't do anything with that foot/leg. Sooooo - off to Doc Carroll we go tomorrow morning. How is it that my guys seem to know when I finally have a zero balance with him?!:scratch:
Sandi

oceangirls
01-19-2006, 09:01 PM
oh no, poor Stinker!! You checked everything I would have thought of:confused: . Sending rayz:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Please update us tomorrow!!

Nancy
01-19-2006, 09:02 PM
was she sleeping and maybe the foot fell asleep? :confused:

please keep us up to date. sorry i couldnt be of any help. :bigrayz:

K2
01-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh no!!! Poor Stinker!!! Sending mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Let us know what you find out!!

Linus
01-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Poor Stinker!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that its nothing major!

Tanya
01-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Maybe try pulling it again. This happened to Peaches twice...it's like she jammed her leg. The first few times we pulled...nothing. But I think we pulled too gently. After fussing over her for awhile, it popped back into place. I don't mean yank it or anything, but just try pulling again.

Anyway, if it's not that simple, here are some major :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: !

Patt
01-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Hoping for the best but possibly she has a neck or back problem and the pain radiates down the leg. Sending many :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: her way.

lotsadox
01-19-2006, 11:11 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Poor Stinker! CC used to do that. Hers was never serious, just a pull or something and she'd be okay by morning. Let's hope Stinkers is minor, too.

Pokeys Mom
01-20-2006, 02:51 AM
:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for Stinker! I do hope it clears up by morning. I bet it would be nice to keep that zero balance! Next time whisper to the receptionist, these little ones are fast learners. :)

Loren
01-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Here are some Stinker Rays :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and for you too that NOTHING is wrong...

Yolanda
01-20-2006, 08:37 AM
How is he doing this morning?

LUVMYGUNNER
01-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Yea how is he doing....

Mama S.
01-20-2006, 09:09 AM
SHe refused to use the leg ALL night AND this morning. Hopped pitifully. I get dressed - vet opens at 9, will head down there to see what is up. Then something alerted the dogs in the back yard and :seeya: out the door she went. The dog door - down the ramp - tail flying to see what was up. :confused: It's dark, I can't see her that well - she can't see me at all. I watch as she patrols the fence line for the bad buy - potties - digs a bit in one of her favorite holes then back up the ramp back through the dog door. As soon as she spots me.......
HOP HOP HOP... WTF???? I've been suckered. She's telling me she needs more one on one with Mom... Well, we are still going to the woom of doom - just in case but I do feel a whole lot better this morning that nothing serious is wrong with her..
Sandi

Rae
01-20-2006, 09:11 AM
at least the woom of doom MIGHT be a cheap visit this time? aren't you due to redeem your "frequent trauma miles" at Doc Carroll's??

Whata a ham. hope it is nothing, and sounds like the pity party might be in full swing at your house.
:bigrayz: just in case... but I think you got suckered.

Yolanda
01-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Oh Stinker, it is not nice to fool Mutter.

Goob
01-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Wow, Stinker has Mamma-S wound pretty tight!!! :rotfl:

No seriously, I'm hoping that she's ok and the Doc gives her a clean bill of health!!!

Loren
01-20-2006, 11:48 AM
I have to laugh...anything for attention these babies do! :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Jen
01-20-2006, 12:13 PM
So Stinker is living up to her name eh? Hope there's nothing wrong and its an inexpensive vet bill!!

Loren
01-21-2006, 08:02 AM
So Sandi???

What did the vet say about Stinker and his "phantom" leg/paw syndrome?:confused:

Mama S.
01-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I swear my guys know my zero balance! She is fine- he couldn't find anything wrong! Laughed when I told him that I didn't think there was anything wrong but that I wanted her checked out! He said that her arthritis may be acting up with all the rain but that he couldn't find anything wrong with her!!
Sandi

K2
01-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, I'm glad to know there was nothing wrong with Stinker. Maybe she's been taking acting lessons....:rotfl:

Mama S.
01-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Well, I'm glad to know there was nothing wrong with Stinker. Maybe she's been taking acting lessons....:rotfl:
I think sh'es been taking secret trips to CA - with Karen !! Or maybe Broadway wif our NYC'rs!!
sandi

lotsadox
01-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Dachsies can be great actors! :D I'm glad it's nothing serious, just a case of not enough attention.

jenfer
01-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Glad to hear that it's cool now. But just send a few more :bigrayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: *just in case*.

Helen
01-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Silly Stinker. I'm glad the vet couldn't find anything wrong. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: just in case.