PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

jenfer
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
After 2 years of procrastination, I have signed Gigi up again for trials. lol. We are running 1 NADAC (regular and jumper) and the other AKC (regular and jump with weaves). Does anyone... like Amy (lol) knows whats in AKC's regular course? I know NADAC does not have table nor chute (I think that's what it's called... the tunnel with the flappy cloth thingy. lol my vocab), but I am not sure about AKC. But anyway... I am super excited and I think it will be good experience and fun for Gigi and me. Both will be in September, 2 weekends in a row! But we are only doing 1 day in each weekend. Send us good thoughts please. :)

Linus
09-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Good luck, ladies!!! You will do great!

lotsadox
09-01-2007, 11:22 PM
:woohoo: I"m so glad that you're going to enter Gigi in a trial. :goodluck:

areese
09-01-2007, 11:34 PM
How cool! So glad you entered!!
AKC standard (regular) has all the obstacles I believe. Jumps, double jumps, dogwalk, a-frame, chute, tunnels, tire, weaves and teeter. I can ask my friend Stacy with Beamer cuz she does AKC....but I'm quite positive they use all obstacles. NADAC doesn't use the table, tire, chute or teeter now!
AKC will have either a 5 second "down" or "sit"-judges choice- on the table.
I've only done UKC, CPE and USDAA. UKC has some wierd-ass obstacles...
Can't wait to hear how you do!!!! We are going next weekend to CPE. Can't wait. :)

jenfer
09-01-2007, 11:52 PM
If you can ask your friend, that would be awesome.
Gigi can do a good DOWN on the table, not sure whether she will sit though. lol. Because we always do a "down".
She doesn't have much trouble with the obstacles, except we didn't use the chute very often and her weaves can be kind of unreliable at times... but as long as we have fun, that would be alright with us. :)

areese
09-01-2007, 11:57 PM
If you can ask your friend, that would be awesome.
Gigi can do a good DOWN on the table, not sure whether she will sit though. lol. Because we always do a "down".
She doesn't have much trouble with the obstacles, except we didn't use the chute very often and her weaves can be kind of unreliable at times... but as long as we have fun, that would be alright with us. :)

Good attitude!!!
Practice her coming back up to a sit after she lays down if you can. It's ok if they do down first, they will start the count though after she comes back up to sit.
Salsa has a lot of trouble with the chute but thank goodness CPE seldom uses it esp. not outside.
I'll email Stacy right now.

catstamm
09-02-2007, 12:10 AM
GOOOOOO Dog GOOOO...Miss GiGi :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Patt
09-02-2007, 12:20 AM
That's exciting for both of you. :banana: I look forward to hearing all about the trials. GO Gi! :cheer2:

areese
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Ok, my friend who does AKC with her ween emailed me today:

For Standard Novice, they use a broad jump, 6 weaves (not judged, but have to complete), dogwalk, a-frame, teeter, table, chute, tunnels, etc. Normally there are about 15 or so obstacles for novice.

Tex
09-04-2007, 08:20 AM
:goodluck: Jen and Miss Gigi!!!!!:cheer2:

Alex's Mom
09-04-2007, 08:32 AM
This is SO exciting!!! Go Gi and Jenfer!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: can't wait to hear all about it!

LexieLuvr
09-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Sounds like fun - don't forget pictures!!! (Surely someone will take pictures while you're doing your run.)