PDA

View Full Version : Gigi's trial Saturday

jenfer
09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
We had another trial again today, it's AKC (our first time) and we are doing a novice standard and jumper with weaves. She missed both weaves entrance, but we fixed both. And when she was doing her jumper course, for some reason she STOPPED while I was trying to do a rear cross and send her ahead, that causes me have to do a hard brake so I won't step on her... and now my lower body hurts. Anyhoo..... guess what?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/lovegi/20070922akc/b5c1b791.jpg
She got QUALIFIED FIRST PLACE on both runs!!!!! :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/lovegi/20070922akc/d74cf73c.jpg
:D

According to my trainer, if she got one more "leg" (sp???), she "can" move up a level, but we shall see.

I am sooooooooooooo proud of my girlie girl. :)

ps: Amy, do you what does all those numbers mean on the labels???

Tanya
09-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Awesome!!! :woohoo:

Way to go Gi and Jen!!!

:way2go: :perfect10 :way2go:

lotsadox
09-23-2007, 09:46 AM
:woohoo: You go, Gigi! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: What a champ!

Alex's Mom
09-23-2007, 10:36 AM
:woohoo: Gi and Jen!!!!!:woohoo: You go, girls!!!!! :hug99::hug99:

Tex
09-23-2007, 11:02 AM
That's awesome!!! :congrats: to you and Miss Gigi!!!!!:appl: :appl: :appl:

Opaleyz
09-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Many Congratulations Miss Gigi--you look very pretty next to your hard-won ribbons@

Mama S.
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh Gigi - Blue is soo your color!!!:cheer2:
Mama

Patt
09-23-2007, 04:42 PM
:1jump: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

Patt
09-23-2007, 04:43 PM
WTG Gigi!!! :cheer2: :banana: :1jump: :banana: :cheer2:

areese
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
ps: Amy, do you what does all those numbers mean on the labels???
Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you guys!!!!
We were at a trial today...I'll brag a bit later cuz I am so very tired...I joined the club that put it on so had to stay and help undo the whole trial..equipment, tents, stuff and more stuff..cuz it was at a park and everything was brought in..
Ok...Looks like your standard had no faults (didn't they fault the weaves??-often if they enter wrong it isn't faulted but it IS if they enter correctly then pop out or miss one or whatever...but I don't do AKC so I dunno for sure)
but the score of 100 should be a perfect score.
next is your time. Then SCT (Standard Course Time ) which is how long you are allowed for the course-you must be under that to qualify. Then the yards which is how long the course was. You can take the yards and divide it by your time to get your Yards per Second. Which is useful if you ever do Gamblers runs (I think in AKC they do something like that and it's called Speed Class or something like that...) Or just so you know how fast your dog is.
Gi was about 10 seconds under time in each run :)
It looks like you got 5 faults for your jumpers with weaves run since your score was 95. Maybe it was the weaves??
So...did you like competing?? are you addicted to it now???

jenfer
09-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the explanation. :) It certainly is lots of fun and addictive. We enjoyed it very much... but at the same time it's very tiring. haha.
I can't wait to do another AKC, so Gigi can earn her first Novice title.