PDA

View Full Version : USDAA Agility trial and weiner races

areese
09-24-2007, 08:26 AM
The three dogs were enterd in a USDAA trial Sunday. I went to set up Friday cuz now I am a member of that club...my gosh it's a lot of work.
We went to these radio station sponsored wiener races Saturday. We didn't win. Poor Laika couldn't get any traction as they ran across a polka floor...her legs were going very fast but she wasn't :rotfl: But that did remind me to trim her hairy feet before the agility trial! I don't think I'll do the wiener races again...it was SO crowded, you couldn't see anything and you couldn't get your dogs in our out of the racing area cuz of spectators. I wish they would do it outside or something.
Agility went pretty well. USDAA is prob. the most challenging venue with hard courses and short times and no faults allowed. Owen got a Gamblers Q and a Snooker Q. He was running pretty well...he's never run there outside and he wasn't sniffy but he did jump the a-frame contact again in Standard and knocked a bar in Jumpers. SALSA knocked a bar in Snooker!!! She still qualified....she got 1st and Owen got 2nd. Laika got a JUmpers Q She also knocked a bar in Snooker and it was a red one so that was that. I couldn't understand all this bar knocking cuz they never knock bars...then I'm walking one of the courses and see how there's this big dip in the ground (they all knocked them in the same general area...) so they would really be jumping out of a darn hole. They had a CHUTE in jumpers (which is weird as heck cuz jumpers is supposed to be very fast and a chute esp outside, is not fast) and it took poor little bitty Salsa like 20 seconds to get through it..she is barely a bump in the fabric. I was very proud of her for doing it even though we ended up over time. I was proud of them all...there were only 4 little dogs in Performance and 3 of them were mine :)
No photographer there I don't think...I thought there was but perhaps he stayed at the Master's ring not where we were...

lotsadox
09-24-2007, 09:15 AM
It sounds like they did as well as could be expected considering the conditions. Especially having to jump out of a hole. :shocked:

As for the wiener dog races. I see that legs moving fast, body moving slow at my house on the ceramic tile all the time. That's when I know it's time to take Cash to the groomer.

Opaleyz
09-24-2007, 01:46 PM
It sounds like they did as well as could be expected considering the conditions. Especially having to jump out of a hole. :shocked:

As for the wiener dog races. I see that legs moving fast, body moving slow at my house on the ceramic tile all the time. That's when I know it's time to take Cash to the groomer.

:ditto: Sounds like a fun day for the weens and honorary-ween :)

Lili skitters on our floor too--but there's no hair to trim off to make it easier on her, sadly :rolleyes:

lizzieb38
09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Sounds like fun. One of these days I will get to see them run their agilities, in person.:appl: :appl: :appl: to Salsy and Owey!!!!