PDA

View Full Version : Do It yourself invisible fence....

Jill
01-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Anyone install one?

We fenced the back yard last fall, but the boys are having a field day running into the neighbors yard when we go out for a quick potty, so I was thinking about the invisible fence for the front yard. Our front yard is not very big. Could we do it ourself? we did the other fence ourself.

I was looking at PetEdge and saw a few. Any experience with the one that doesn't have the underground wire?

Mama S.
01-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Zero experience here but will love to hear the replies! I'm having some problesm with Jadaa running next door when it's time to go to Michaels. Problem> WRONG next door!!! I nca't fence that area so maybe a solution with the invisible one!
Sandi

Jill
01-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Anyone?:scratch:

Rae
01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
My neighbor has a cool thing that works well for her but it is wireless. (no installation) The dogs wear special collars and if they get "x" number of yards away from the home base unit, it gives them a little juice.

This would probably only work if your house was fairly well in the center of your property, otherwise you would need to pace off the raduis and see how much "invisible leash" you would want to give them.

I can check into it with nancy the neighbor if you want me to.

Jill
01-24-2006, 09:26 AM
My neighbor has a cool thing that works well for her but it is wireless. (no installation) The dogs wear special collars and if they get "x" number of yards away from the home base unit, it gives them a little juice.

I think this is like what I had seen on PetEdge. You basically plug it in, and it's give off a safe zone. When the dog gets near the edge, it's a little warning. The zone is adjustable from like 15-90'. We only need this for the front of the house, during this time of year really. Now that the back is totally fenced, they will be out there, but right now there is too much snow to get to the back yard. :mad: