PDA

View Full Version : Next Installment: Master bedroom

doxyzoo
01-22-2006, 12:01 AM
This is the next phase in my home upgrade project. The master bedroom.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/doxyzoo/house/bedroom1.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/doxyzoo/house/bedroom2.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/doxyzoo/house/bedroom3.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/doxyzoo/house/bedroom4.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/doxyzoo/house/bedroom5.gif

Notice how Rikka seems to end up in every picture? The little ham!

Helen
01-22-2006, 12:04 AM
:shocked: I am so impressed by everything you've done, Ellen! It looks fantastic. Great job!! :appl: :cheer2:

How are the pups liking it?

Notice how Rikka seems to end up in every picture? The little ham!

:rotfl: I was thinking this very same thought before I got to the end! She clearly knows how beautiful she is!

Linus
01-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Just gorgeous!!! I love that color too!

doxyzoo
01-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Just gorgeous!!! I love that color too!

Rikka or the floor? Oh, yeah, they're the same color! :rotfl:

jenfer
01-22-2006, 12:14 AM
VERY nice bedroom remodeling. I love it. If I ever get my own place, I want NO CARPET!

doxyzoo
01-22-2006, 12:19 AM
VERY nice bedroom remodeling. I love it. If I ever get my own place, I want NO CARPET!

Interestingly, Rikka is still peeing on what remaining carpet she can find (about once a week - to keep me on my toes). Slowly, being moved to the far side of the house as I replace more and more of it. At this point I just don't care! It's all getting replaced anyway!

lotsadox
01-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Wow! That looks great. You're gonna love it. I did my master bedroom in laminate a year and a half ago and I love mine. Rikka seems to be a ham. Likes to have her picture taken.

LUVMYGUNNER
01-22-2006, 01:11 AM
I love it, nice color.

K2
01-22-2006, 09:35 AM
:appl: very nice!!! Great colors and I LOVE the floor!

Lisa
01-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Wow, that looks truly amazing!! Love the color. Is your bed really low? Is that for the puppers? Spectacular.

Bella's Mom
01-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Wow! Absolutely beautiful! Great job.

doxyzoo
01-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Wow, that looks truly amazing!! Love the color. Is your bed really low? Is that for the puppers? Spectacular.

My bed is mattress only. One of these days I plan on building a 12" high platform (and I guess a ramp at the same time, but otto will STILL insist on launching himself off the end!) that I will enclose with black walnut from one of the trees in my orchard. Black walnut is one of the most beautiful woods around! At this point I have such a mixture of woods and different colors of wood that one more color and grain should just blend in to the riot.

Mama S.
01-23-2006, 03:22 PM
and exactly when should I buy your plane ticket for?:rotfl: You just do not know how much I :hearts: you right now!! I've been wanting to do the rest of the house and I'm married to a carpenter... one who can't seem to get my honey do list done. We will now proceed to shame him with look what SHE did??? It looks fabulous!!! Keep up the super work!!
DId you notice that the thingys (love the technology talk!) that you put in the doorways were more expensive per square inch than the flooring itself?? I did our entire bedroom for less than $150 then had to spend another $50 just to buy those 2 parts :(
By the by - where are you buying your flooring??
Sandi

Nancy
01-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Holy Cow! Your room is beautiful! Was the flooring hard to put down!?

Anatresia
01-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Great job! I love the floors! :D Rikki is a ham because she knows she is beautiful!:hearts:

Romandachs
01-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Rikka says... TANKS for all da area rugs Mom!! Don't know where I would do my toiletries if you hadn't left me these , uh hmmm "remnents" of a place to do my bizzyness. Your're Da BEST!!
(BTW Wonderful Job, and I love the color too)

Fluffy
01-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Ellen it looks GORGEOUS!!! You are doing a fantastic job!! :way2go:

doxyzoo
01-24-2006, 02:52 AM
and exactly when should I buy your plane ticket for?:rotfl: You just do not know how much I :hearts: you right now!! I've been wanting to do the rest of the house and I'm married to a carpenter... one who can't seem to get my honey do list done. We will now proceed to shame him with look what SHE did??? It looks fabulous!!! Keep up the super work!!
DId you notice that the thingys (love the technology talk!) that you put in the doorways were more expensive per square inch than the flooring itself?? I did our entire bedroom for less than $150 then had to spend another $50 just to buy those 2 parts :(
By the by - where are you buying your flooring??
Sandi

When you're a single woman you KNOW no one else is going to do it so you just jump in and do stuff yourself. I get so much enjoyment out of the process and satisfaction out of the result! Inside I'm yelling "I ROCK!"

thingys? in the doorways? do you mean the transition strips on the floor between the rooms? If so, yeah they were stupidly expensive, so I went to the millwork section of the store and bought two 1" wide by 1/4" deep strips of oak and bored screw holes in them. A four foot section cost me just a couple of dollars. Give it a try and save some $$$$$.

I buy my flooring at a home improvement store called Jerry's here in Eugene. This place is WONDERFUL!!!! Helpful people greet you at the door with a cart and directions to whatever you're looking for. And you can't stand around looking for something for more than a minute before at least one employee comes over to help. AND they have knowledgable people (in all areas like plumbing, floors, electrical, etc...) willing to spend as long as you want discussing how to do a project. One young woman spent half an hour just discussing linoleum with me (patterns, how to do it myself, helpful hints). I just can't say enough about this wonderful place! And they guarantee the lowest prices around! Yeah!

doxyzoo
01-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Rikka says... TANKS for all da area rugs Mom!! Don't know where I would do my toiletries if you hadn't left me these , uh hmmm "remnents" of a place to do my bizzyness. Your're Da BEST!!
(BTW Wonderful Job, and I love the color too)

If she even THINKS about it she will be in the most serious trouble of her short (but very trouble making) life!!!

I went with cherry for the wood color. Wasn't sure I would like the strong color until I got it on the floor and fell in love. Whew, got lucky since I had purchased 1500 square feet of it!

doxyzoo
01-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Holy Cow! Your room is beautiful! Was the flooring hard to put down!?

Nope, one of the easiest projects I have done so far. But time consuming and having the right tools helps a lot. Like a miter saw and a jig saw for the cuts.

Nancy
01-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Nope, one of the easiest projects I have done so far. But time consuming and having the right tools helps a lot. Like a miter saw and a jig saw for the cuts.

EEK, all I own is a fingernail file! :rotfl: