PDA

View Full Version : Rested up and ready to brag

areese
10-28-2007, 10:02 AM
It was a great weekend. I am so proud of my dogs...
I think we came home with 17 ribbons... still gotta sort them out and make sure I have recorded their qualifying runs correctly...
I'll go smallest to biggest :)
Salsa was awesome as usual. She ran the fastest she ever ran I think..she loves that padded rubber floor cuz she can dig right in and run. She was very excited and at times couldn't weave cuz she wouldn't slow herself down enough to do more than 2-3 poles. She kinda flew right out like centrifugal force spun her right out :rotfl: Also had some teeter trouble...the teeter tipped really early and hard and I think it kinda scared her a bit the first run so the next two times she just jumped on and off. And once they put four paws on (even if they are TINY paws) they are not allowed to retry. She qualified in 7 out of her 10 runs. SOOO much fun. She was so excited her whole body was shaking and wriggling I could hardly hold her. After her runs I carry her out and she just kisses and kisses me and wriggles and her little tail is wagging..she is just so happy.
OWEN WEENIE!!!!! What can I say...despite a weave problem he qualifed in 5 of his 6 runs. He got two Standards (as well as a wildcard and two jumpers) so he needs just 3 standard runs for his Championship. We are running three standards Nov. 16-17.... He was a happy boy and so many people commented on his wildly wagging tail as he ran. He jumped very well and ran fast and did not jump one contact!!!!! YAY!!! I think we have that problem solved :) Such a good boy...
Laika Ween also qualified in 5 out of 6. She missed Jackpot cuz of my mistake. She just runs so nicely and consistently not ever missing anything...it's such a joy to run a dog and have no worries about what they have problems with or won't want to do. Speed is her only issue and it wasn't an issue this weekend. She was eager to run and has a good time. I love running her so much.
So I ran 22 runs with my dogs!
Sometimes when I am packing up all the food, beds, treats, pen, crates, mats, towels, my suitcase, etc. for a weekend away from home with three dogs, I think..why am I doing this... But already I can't wait for the next one :)

Alex's Mom
10-28-2007, 10:15 AM
17 ribbons!?! :congrats: :woohoo: That is SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME, Amy!!!!!! Give everybody :bighug: from Alex and me, and a whole bunch for their mom too!! (How was the Mushroom?? Did the towing go OK, and the sleeping?)

areese
10-28-2007, 10:30 AM
17 ribbons!?! :congrats: :woohoo: That is SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME, Amy!!!!!! Give everybody :bighug: from Alex and me, and a whole bunch for their mom too!! (How was the Mushroom?? Did the towing go OK, and the sleeping?)

It was an awesome weekend...
The Mushroom was good. I was nervous towing it on the way there cuz it was dark and it seemed like I couldn't see well but by the time I went home I was pretty darn nonchalant about it :rotfl: We all slept ok...the dogs were like in ultimate dog comfort sleeping on a futon with me with a bunch of blankets and Owey and Salsa had their fleece bags...Laika prefers sleeping by me :)
I even backed it up to the side of the garage last night in the dark and unhitched it no problem. The lights worked....it's so small I barely notice a differece braking so it was just fine :)
Only bad thing is someone hit a deer and it's on our property in the front where the driveway starts :( That's far from the house-our diriveway is like 1/4 mile long but still...Rob isn't home until friday and I'm not sure I can move it...it's a pretty big deer.

Alex's Mom
10-28-2007, 10:34 AM
My brother doesn't hunt (anymore), but has been known to take deer "hit-by-cars" and butcher them for the venison...have any hungry neighbours??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Otto'sMom
10-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Only bad thing is someone hit a deer and it's on our property in the front where the driveway starts :( That's far from the house-our diriveway is like 1/4 mile long but still...Rob isn't home until friday and I'm not sure I can move it...it's a pretty big deer.
Daisy May said she'd be right over to take care of moving that deer for ya :) I think my 10lb little huntress would set up housekeeping inside the carcass and eat it till you could move it.:rolleyes:

areese
10-28-2007, 10:58 AM
My brother doesn't hunt (anymore), but has been known to take deer "hit-by-cars" and butcher them for the venison...have any hungry neighbours??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Maybe it will be gone today...can't see down there from the house. Sometimes poeple pick them up...if it was a buck they might claim the trophy LOL But prob. can't have them processed without a "tag" and it's not gun season yet here.... Also not sure when it was hit...could have been anytime after 4:30 am friday so it might not be good anymore....
Heck I'd like some venison for the dogs.... but....EW!!!! Poor deer :(

areese
10-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Daisy May said she'd be right over to take care of moving that deer for ya :) I think my 10lb little huntress would set up housekeeping inside the carcass and eat it till you could move it.:rolleyes:

LOL!!! That's one big reaon I want to move it...it's right by the road and critters of various sorts come and eat and then get hit also...maybe I can tie it onto my little cushman utility vehicle and drag it into the woods where it will disappear surprisingly quickly. it's been pretty cool out so it maybe won't be too bad :vomit:
I'd be glad to have Daisy May come help!!

Tanya
10-28-2007, 11:31 AM
That's fantastic! Big :congrats: for a wonderful weekend!!!

LexieLuvr
10-28-2007, 01:31 PM
HUGE DITTO! It would be a BLAST to watch your furfamily in agility!!! Come to Texas, will ya'!

areese
10-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Not to hijack my own thread with roadkill again but I got myself talked into going out to drag the dead deer away and it was gone :)
ok...I'm adding a brag, too. I was writing in their "Q's" and Laika earned her Championship Standard title. So she is officially C-ATCH UAG-II Laika Rocket ChST.
Now I do have agility friends that add their dogs and all their titles to their signature :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

catstamm
10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
:wow:
Can you please send the paw-graphs now.... before you are world celebs :lol:

jenfer
10-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Way Cool, congrats! :cheer2:

Gigi will have at least 1 trial in Nov and I probably will sign up for another one. It sure is fun and addicting. haha.

areese
10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Way Cool, congrats! :cheer2:

Gigi will have at least 1 trial in Nov and I probably will sign up for another one. It sure is fun and addicting. haha.

Way Cool, Jenfer!!!!!!!!!
I have one in November too then I am trying to pin down Rob as to holiday plans before I enter more Sometimes they fill up in the winter and it's first received that get in...or they do a random drawing. I'm never too lucky :(

Tex
10-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Amy, you and your furkids are just amazing!!!!!!!:banana: :cheer2: :banana:
A huge :congrats: to all!!!!