PDA

View Full Version : Shadow (ND)

Teddysmom
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
It is with a very sad and heavy heart (and tears in my eyes) that I type this, but my furry "brother" Shadow (my mother's mini schnauzer) just passed a few minutes after 7 this evening. I just got off the phone with her and asked if she would permit me to type a "memorial" for him on the DLC - she said she would be honored if I were to do that.
Born in December of 1992, Shadow was a very spunky guy with a very comedic attitude. Over the past 3 years his health had been deteriorating and we knew this day would come. Earlier this year he was diagnosed with with blindness in one eye and major cataracts in the other; was tested for cancer from the tumors that were growing on his neck and chest - but they came back negative, which was good. He suffered 2 strokes back in the spring but somehow managed to recover the use of his left side; he suffered with a form of doggie vertigo and was on meds for that; then Friday.....it happened. He had a heart attack, suffered some major brain damage, and yesterday had another stroke on top of it all. This time he was left completely paralyzed on his left side. Mom had to carry him outside for his potty breaks as he couldn't move and resort to bringing his water bowl over to him so he could drink. They were sitting on the couch cuddling tonight when he passed in his sleep. He was almost 15 years old, would have been 15 in December.:sosad:
Needless to say my mother is a wreck right now, as am I.
Run free my "brother"; free and healthy. Go meet grandmom and pop at the bridge! :angel7: :candle:

areese
10-28-2007, 08:19 PM
SO sorry :( We will light a candle for Shadow tonight. I'm glad he had a peaceful passing and now can run and see and play without pain at the bridge.
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to your mom and to you.

oceangirls
10-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Oh, Eva-Marie, I am so sorry :(

My mom lost her Amber (cocker spaniel) in May 2005; I was living with Mom when she got Amber and helped care for her for the next 13 years. We both loved her very much, so I understand how you feel. Please tell your Mom how sorry we are.

:candle:

Tex
10-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I knew I should have gotten some tissues before I read this........

Run free Shadow :candle2:

Opaleyz
10-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Rest in Peace, Shadow :candle:

LUVMYGUNNER
10-28-2007, 10:42 PM
RIP :candle: Little guy.

Yolanda
10-29-2007, 05:50 AM
I am sorry for your Mom and for you. Loosing a furkid is always hard - even when expected.

catstamm
10-29-2007, 09:06 AM
God's Speed Shadow.... watch over your mom and sister to help heal their hearts :hearts:

Rae
10-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Oh Eva-Marie I am so sorry. He sounds like a tough little cookie! I am glad he went peacefully in his sleep and your mom did not have to make the Very Hard Decision.

thinking of you both. :hug99:

Alex's Mom
10-29-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm SO sorry to hear about Shadow, Eva-Marie. Please pass on my sympathies to your mom. Alex and I will :candle2: for Shadow tonight. Godspeed, little one, and run pain-free and happy until you all meet again at the bridge.

LexieLuvr
10-29-2007, 01:04 PM
My deepest sympathies to both of you! It's never easy, no matter how or when. I'm so sorry. Shadow now resides in a place of pure love. RIP, little furguy!

Claudine
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Rest in peace, little Shadow.:angel7: :angel7: :angel7: Give your mom a big hug from me & tell her she & Shadow will be in my :pray: :pray: :pray:

doxiemommy3
10-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Seems LIke I have sent this a lot in the past year....but it wa sent to me when I lost my dear Mowglie and it made me feel a little better.

"MAY I GO"
by Susan A. Jackson
May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?
I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?
I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and loving light.
I want to go. I really do.
It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears.
I'll not be far, I promise that,
and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.
Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you, too.
That's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.
May you run and play at the Bridge, you are now free of illness and pain. You may be gone but you will never be forgotten. Til we meet again my friend, be free.

Rileybugg
11-02-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm so sorry about Shadow. My sympathies to you and your mom. :hug99: :hearts: :candle3:

Patt
11-02-2007, 03:31 AM
I am sorry to hear of Shadow's passing. I will light a :candle3: to show him the way to the bridge. :pray:

bittyup
11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
I know this is kind of late but I am very sorry about Shadow. That day was the anniversary of the passing of my chihuahua Little Bit(aka bittyup). Hope your mom is feeling a bit better. Maybe Shadow will guide a new furkid to her door. :angel7: