PDA

View Full Version : Baby steps

HotDogMama
01-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Used the coupon from Michele:thanx: for the BOGO Nature's Variety Medallions yesterday!! The clerk at check out couldn't believe that was such a great coupon! I think she wanted to steal it for herself! :rotfl:

We started it this morning I gave her one for the morning with cottage cheese and will give her two for dinner with I'm not sure yet. She gulped it right down this morning the bag is different from the website as far as portions go, I might give her 1 more for breakfast tomorrow. The website says 6 oz, but the bag says 2-3 :confused: ? Will just play it by ear I guess. She seems to really like it. I will do anything to calm down her anal glands! Hopefully this will work! Will keep you updated, I'm sure I will have questions!

Any thoughts on starting this while she is still a puppy? (9months)

LUVMYGUNNER
01-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Keep us updated to how she is doing on this food.

Yolanda
01-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Hope it goes well. Keep us posted.

Loren
01-23-2006, 09:44 AM
I would probably add some digestive enzymes and acidophilus so her tummy can handle raw right away.

mydachsies
01-23-2006, 11:15 AM
I was just wondering if you can post what it looks like before they eat it?All the websites just show the bag.I want to put my pups on Solid gold (http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/Solid_Gold_Hundchen_Flocken_Lamb_Puppy_p/140112.htm) with sea meal (http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=140027)or the medallions.I just want to know what the food actually looks like.Can someone please help by just snapping a few photos for me.How big they are or look like?Of coarse Calvin and Chloe will get the medallions.

HotDogMama
01-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Here ya go:
They look about 1 inch high, and 1 1/4 across??
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4/JHerron1278/MOLLY257.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4/JHerron1278/MOLLY256.jpg

Loren
01-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Sea meal is good...but it is NOT an all around general vitamin.

jenfer
01-23-2006, 11:46 AM
I am going to use my coupon and get some for Gigi today! I talked to the lady at day care when we were there for the meetup, so I think I am ready to give it a try as well. :D

mydachsies
01-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Are those patties or medallions?What do you add to the meal or nothing.I just want to make sure they get everything they need.I figured it would be good for their immune and digestion.

Courtney
01-23-2006, 01:33 PM
it should be just fine to start the raw medallions at 9 months old, or any age! You should not need any additional supplements except fish oil if you want to add that. I would only spend money on the probiotics/enzymes if she is having major digestive issues. Congrats on switching and good luck!

Loren
01-23-2006, 02:09 PM
it should be just fine to start the raw medallions at 9 months old, or any age! You should not need any additional supplements except fish oil if you want to add that. I would only spend money on the probiotics/enzymes if she is having major digestive issues. Congrats on switching and good luck!

I'd be careful on adding fish oil right away until you are sure that the pups aren't having any issues with the food itself...fish oil can cause soft poops.

as for digestive enzymes:

Description
Bertes Zyme is a full spectrum digestive enzyme which aids food digestion, reduces stool eating, intestinal gas, and prevents bloat. It provides critical support for pancreatic disease, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, and stress from traveling, shows or illness. Bertes Zyme is also helpful during the transition phase to a new diet.

and for acidophilus:

Helps maintain a healthy digestive system
Helps treat and prevent diarrhea
Helps eliminate smelly stools and foul gas
helps reduce bad breath caused by intestinal putrification
helps counteract the destructive side effects of antibiotic therapy
Helps prevent shedding and scratching caused by stress from
digestive imbalances
Yucca and Papaya are natural anti-inflammatories and can
help relieve muscle and arthritic pain
Yucca is a natural deodorizer
Provides Vitimin C to help fortify the immune system
Provides taurine to help prevent the development of early heart disease
Papaya provides the enzyme Papain which can help relieve digestive tract problems

JMO...I"d do a multi too! Good luck whatever you decide!

HotDogMama
01-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Are those patties or medallions?.

Those are the medallions.... they aren't as exspensive as I was dreading they would be, I started the salmon oil last week and so far so good, no explosions or anything. She also already takes a multi-vitamin. I also found some sardines in water for maybe next week to try. Don't want to shock the system, or my carpet! :rotfl: Thanks Courtney!

Michelle
01-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Heidi and Princess have been eating the medallions now for the past five days and they just LOVE IT!!!. They go wild when they see the bag come out of the freezer and just cant' seem to wait long enough for me to defrost them.

I give them in the evening and I mix a little bit of the seameal right into the medallions.

I am currently reading the book "Give your dog a bone" by Dr. Billinghurst and I am totally enjoying this book!!!

I'll probably end up going totally raw soon, but for right now the kibble in the morning and the medallions at night are going well. For me the medallions seem so much quicker and easier than prepaing the raw but I will see how things go.

I am so glad that so many of you were able to use the coupons!!