PDA

View Full Version : Courtney, some expertise advise please

Michelle
01-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Courtney, if I decide to go with just feeding the raw medallions and also raw chicken necks and wings along with giving yogurt and pumkin daily and the Seameal what other supplements should I be feeding to ensure the girls have the proper mix of vitamins and minerals and digestive enzymes??.

I would like to do only raw feeding and see how it goes but for me, right now the raw medallions and tossing them some chicken wings and necks seems to be the fastest and easiest thing for me, but I want to make sure they are getting everything they need....

Courtney
01-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Relax! Only supplement as needed. I'd add fish oil and that's about it unless they have any specific health issues (allergy, kidney issues) you are trying to address. You don't need yogurt, pumpkin or seameal. You can supplement till you turn blue, but IMO you don't need to.

I would go for chicken thighs instead of wings and necks, though. You want meatier stuff for them to work on. Wings and necks are too small and can (but do not always) cause choking and other problems.

Michelle
01-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I would go for chicken thighs instead of wings and necks, though. You want meatier stuff for them to work on. Wings and necks are too small and can (but do not always) cause choking and other problems.

OK, Chicken thighs are very cheap and I buy them so much cause they are my favorite too!!

There are no allergy issues or any other problems so I guess that I am on the right track in getting started with this raw feeding. While reading the book I am getting so excited about it.

I bought a bunch of Pig liver at a great place I found a few miles from my house. Do you know how to make the liver treats I heard about where you bake them in the oven and then can just feed those as treats instead of buying biscuits. I stopped buying those a while ago when I switched over to the Solid Gold food and for right now I don't give them any little treats like that anymore, but would like to utilize the 3lbs of pig liver I bought, any suggestions for that?? Thanks so much for all the advice!!!

Courtney
01-23-2006, 11:55 PM
If you want to stink up your house, you can make liver brownies! I do not have a recipe; you'll have to do an internet search for one!