PDA

View Full Version : Bad Babysitting

Otto'sMom
01-24-2006, 01:41 PM
As many of you know, Dolly is being baby sat by my exboyfriend, who still loves Dolly, just not me. Free babysitter so who am I to turn that down? Well, seems Saturday, he took the dogs to a quiet, rural graveyard to play and sniff the wildlife. Driving about 15mph down the gravel road, Dolly spotted something and JUMPED OUT THE WINDOW!!!! That's one of my worst nightmares for my dogs. She's just fine, no damage done, thankfully.

Any funny suggestions for a guilt trip I could lay on the ex without losing the free babysitter?

He has a dalmatian, Lucy, whom I adore. I'd like to say she pushed her. Lucy stepped on Otto's back this last Thanksgiving too. My comeback after I found out Dolly was OK was that "It's bad enough Lucy almost broke Otto"

Yolanda
01-24-2006, 03:11 PM
I do not have any snappy comeback comment but I sure an glad Dolly is OK.

Helen
01-24-2006, 03:14 PM
No comebacks, but perhaps a polite suggestion to not roll the windows down? :shocked: I'm so glad no damage was done. She's a little daredevil!!

Mama S.
01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
OOhhh nooooooo. THat scares the beejess out of me. Had a dog do that to my ex YEARS ago - he wasn't fine. Broke his hip, leg - it was ugly. I am soo thankful that the doxie :angel7: were on DOlly's shoulder.
Sandi

My only reply is break my dog and die bucko - guess that would prob end your freebie!!!!!

LUVMYGUNNER
01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Glad she is ok.

Otto'sMom
01-24-2006, 10:20 PM
It's my worst nightmare when I ride with my dogs. I keep Austin in a harness so he can drive with the window down (yes, he drives the truck and rolls down the windows...stupid electric window) and Dolly normally sits like a little lady on her butt with her nose right at the window and back against the seat. I guess she thought "I can take it" and made a jump for it. I ALWAYS roll up the windows when we arrive at the park so she won't have the opportunity to jump.
I know he would simple die if anything happened to Dolly, he still keeps trying to kidnap her and convince me that she'd be happier with him. At least now I can say "I've never lost her out the window" so I have that to hold over him now :)