PDA

View Full Version : Why you need to microchip your dog(s)......

Patt
12-05-2007, 04:05 AM
Dog missing for 2-1/2 years.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2007/nov/30/dog-reunited-psl-owner-more-2-years-after-disappea/

bjmedd
12-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Awww...ran across the room and started licking his face! Made me cry. That is such an awesome story. Makes me want to go get Abby micro chipped right now. Can anyone tell me if there are any downsides or reactions to having a little dog micro chipped?

LexieLuvr
12-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Isn't that incredible? I've heard stories like that before. I also heard about possibilities of cancer because the chip is a "foreign object," but ITA with so many - the chances of cancer are minute compared to the chances of a lost dog! I will chip my two soon.

Otto'sMom
12-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Awww...ran across the room and started licking his face! Made me cry. That is such an awesome story. Makes me want to go get Abby micro chipped right now. Can anyone tell me if there are any downsides or reactions to having a little dog micro chipped?

There aren't any that I know of. But as with anything injected into the body, I 've heard of a slight possibility of it travelling through the body, but that's rare cases. The needle looks huge but NONE of my dogs reacted to it at all, and I watched almost everybody get it. The benefits far outweigh any risk associated with it.

Jacqueline
12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
We recently had a dog reunited with an owner in our area. It was stolen during a home robbery about 5 years ago. The dog was only hours from being put down, when they scanned for a microchip. I think it was in Ohio or some place in the Midwest. The man could not believe he got his best friend, who is now a senior, back. And they knew and loved each other immediately.

Chip 'em if you love 'em. Mine are chipped.

Patt
12-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are any downsides or reactions to having a little dog micro chipped?I haven't heard of any downsides or reactions to microchips. I've had several dogs chipped and no reactions.
As for the cancer scare that test was done on mice not dogs.