PDA

View Full Version : The View From Above

Otto'sMom
12-06-2007, 01:21 AM
I stood on the counters in the kitchen and shook a treat bag.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Anipals%20Also/Mississippi3085.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Anipals%20Also/Mississippi3084.jpg

Dar Dar Binkersons is sitting so good:hearts:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Anipals%20Also/Mississippi3086.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Anipals%20Also/Mississippi3087.jpg

ebmw1975
12-06-2007, 01:35 AM
What a good Dar Dar! And is that Michele sitting so pretty and licking her lips? And sorry, but who is the chocolate on ein the 2nd pic on the rug giving you the stink eye? I Love it!

Otto'sMom
12-06-2007, 01:37 AM
That would be the new Otto, Rusty ( I tease Otto and tell him Rusty is the New Otto because his mouth is good and he didn't cost me 1000 bucks in dental bills)

Tex
12-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Those are cool pics! :banana: (now get off the counter before you hurt yourself :) ).

HulaHoop
12-06-2007, 09:07 AM
I'll bet there is never a dull moment with all those little sweetie pies! :biggrin:

Rae
12-06-2007, 09:30 AM
oh dear dog it's feeding time at the zoo..... funny

areese
12-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Sorta like sharks circling...

quavec
12-06-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm only counting nine????? I thought you were up to 11??? :scratch:

Mama S.
12-06-2007, 10:09 AM
I've seen those sharks!!! Just different colors:rotfl: You did get off the counter without injury???

Mama

Susa
12-06-2007, 10:54 AM
I love it!

They all have waistlines, too!!

Otto'sMom
12-06-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm only counting nine????? I thought you were up to 11??? :scratch:

Dang woman! Where have you been? Try 15. 13 plus 2 fosters. And yes, I made it off the counter without incident.

oceangirls
12-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Those are great. They are very much like sharks circling :D. It's funny how some of them are staring at you and some are staring at the floor for the moment when treats start to fall from the sky :)

Did you clean the top of your refrigerator while you were up there? Amazing how dirty that gets :scratch:

lotsadox
12-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Sorta like sharks circling...

Piranhas. At my house we call them piranhas because with Cash (and sometimes Bogart) if your fingers get too close you're apt to lose them. :rolleyes:

Dar Dar is such a good boy. Love the tongue in the last pic. :hearts:

Frzframe
12-06-2007, 02:42 PM
And you call him bad names!! But, Darwin is the only one paying close attention to you and being a very good boy!! :rotfl:

Otto'sMom
12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
But, Darwin is the only one paying close attention to you and being a very good boy!! :rotfl:

For all of 30 seconds. He's the poster dog for Canine ADD.
And I did NOT clean the top of my fridge. Should've, but didn't. I'll have to get to it.

yourmomsage
12-06-2007, 08:55 PM
that 's hilarious... it's like a feeding frenzy! Were you afraid to get down off the countertop? LOL!

Tanya
12-06-2007, 09:09 PM
I am amazed that most of them don't even care that you are standing on the counter. Obviously they are used to it, hmmmm? :)

Otto'sMom
12-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Not much freaks the dogs out around here....except if I try to pee alone. They aren't comfortable with me being alone out of sight in any room.

Alex's Mom
12-07-2007, 08:34 AM
I can hear the theme from Jaws from here! DAdaDAdaDAdaDA...:shark: :shark: :shark:

Otto'sMom
12-07-2007, 11:30 AM
It is pretty dangerous to be on the floor with them. You should see "morning treat Feeding Frenzy" I've lost fingers from that. I try to only give one per dog, but Darwin will come and just plant his butt right in front of where ever I am all "HOW BOUT ME? I HAVEN'T HAD A TREAT" and chomp what ever is in my hand, be it a finger or treat. Almost all of them but Dolly, Daisy, Otto and Grrrt try the ol' take the treat and swallow it without chewing and then come back for more, like I forgot.

Jacqueline
12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
It is pretty dangerous to be on the floor with them. You should see "morning treat Feeding Frenzy" I've lost fingers from that. I try to only give one per dog, but Darwin will come and just plant his butt right in front of where ever I am all "HOW BOUT ME? I HAVEN'T HAD A TREAT" and chomp what ever is in my hand, be it a finger or treat. Almost all of them but Dolly, Daisy, Otto and Grrrt try the ol' take the treat and swallow it without chewing and then come back for more, like I forgot.

Love the photos. You mean they aren't supposed to try to get as many as possible? I now make the girls sit for treats. Taffy is one of those dogs who foam at the mouth in anticipation. Seriously thinking of adding a tag to her harness stating......if this dog is in an area containing food, and foaming at mouth....she is not rabid, just feed her.

Darwin is obviously bigger, and really should have more treats, right old buddy?

Otto'sMom
12-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Darwin is obviously bigger, and really should have more treats, right old buddy?

Yes, but not 5 times more. I literally get pelted with dogs when I distribute treats, and they try so hard to be good by sitting, and then jump up and steal the treat, cause ya know, they're entitled to a treat after sitting for a milisecond.

Jacqueline
12-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes, but not 5 times more. I literally get pelted with dogs when I distribute treats, and they try so hard to be good by sitting, and then jump up and steal the treat, cause ya know, they're entitled to a treat after sitting for a milisecond.

If you could find a relatively safe place to sit it, video of frenzy treating would be fun to see.

bittyup
12-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I know these kids look nothing like coonhounds but they just remind me of the Bumpas hounds in A Christmas Story before they snatch Ralphies turkey off the table and run. Love it. Nero say Darwin can be the boy ADD poster child but she gets to be the girl. :rolleyes:

quavec
12-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Dang woman! Where have you been? Try 15. 13 plus 2 fosters. And yes, I made it off the counter without incident.

I've been in Middle School H_E_L_L (and loving it).

I'm so out of touch. 15?! My kids keep asking if they can visit 'the dachshund friend with all the dogs' - it would be like a field trip to the petting zoo :rotfl: I'll have to put treats in individual baggies and you can let them visit various rooms................and charge admission...........hey, I might be on to something here..................:scratch:

Otto'sMom
12-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I've been in Middle School H_E_L_L (and loving it).

I know Mississippi is at the bottom rung as far as education goes, but aren't you a little old for middle school? I mean, you're tall enough so you fit right in, but seriously, you should just go for it and get your GED.:duh:

quavec
12-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I know Mississippi is at the bottom rung as far as education goes, but aren't you a little old for middle school? I mean, you're tall enough so you fit right in, but seriously, you should just go for it and get your GED.:duh:

But the boys are soooooo easily influenced at this age :rotfl: (according to all those teachers anyway :rolleyes: bad taste, I know, but what the heck)

Otto'sMom
12-09-2007, 11:13 AM
I know these kids look nothing like coonhounds but they just remind me of the Bumpas hounds in A Christmas Story before they snatch Ralphies turkey off the table and run. Love it. Nero say Darwin can be the boy ADD poster child but she gets to be the girl. :rolleyes:

Dolly and Pearl are coonhounds (OK, Dolly is a dachshund coonhound but Pearl is full blooded baying coon hound) I do refer to them as the Bumpas hounds on a regular basis, and Alec did steal my turkey right off my plate at thanksgiving.

bittyup
12-13-2007, 12:58 AM
HOORAY FOR THE BUMPAS HOUNDS!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: SO AFTER HE STOLE THE TURKEY DID YA ALL GO OUT FOR CHINESE TURKEY. FA RA RA RA RA