PDA

View Full Version : Cooper

OurLilRascals
12-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I had to put my lil Cooper to sleep last night. He's running around at rainbowbridge now. He'll always have a big ole chunk of my heart!

Otto'sMom
12-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, what happened?:hug99:

LexieLuvr
12-18-2007, 03:47 PM
I am so sorry - please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. :hug99:

LUVMYGUNNER
12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
RIP Cooper.:candle:

Frankie'sMom
12-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I am so sorry.

bittyup
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. What happened? I have alot of wonderful fur friends running around on the bridge. Cooper is in good company. They leave our sight but never our hearts.:candle: For Cooper and :hug99: for his family.

Patt
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I'll light a :candle3: for Cooper.
Many :hug99: :hug99: for you.

laura
12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh NO!!! So terribly sorry! :(

oceangirls
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm so very sorry :(

:candle: for your sweetheart.

Rileybugg
12-19-2007, 04:53 AM
:hug99: :hug99: :candle3: I'm very sorry.....

JanUet
12-19-2007, 06:56 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

RIP Cooper :candle:

K2
12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
I am so sorry for you loss. :candle3: RIP Cooper.

Tex
12-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Godspeed Cooper :candle2: Many :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for your heart.

Alex's Mom
12-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Travel safely, little one :candle2: :hug99::hug99:

OurLilRascals
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
We are not sure as to what happened. The vet is supposing it was an intestinal toxin. He was not a chewer, and he's the only one that has had a problem.

He was fine the whole week John was in Chicago, ate his meals just like normal nothing out of the ordinary. Friday night I went picked John up from the airport, Cooper ate that evening.

Anyways, we couldn't get him to eat Saturday, I figured ok he's having a lil moodiness because of the no electricity from the ice storm, his schedule being uprooted, daddy being gone and now back. Well Sunday he didn't eat, I coached him added extra's to his food, nothing. By Monday he had literally shrivaled up to nothing, if anyone had seen him outside they would have said I mistreat my animals by the way he looked, by the time we got him to the vet he was already withdrawn, he wasn't going to make it the vet said even if they tried to run test that night, and xrays she said he wouldn't make it through them.

He had no bouts of loose stool, no puking, just went from being healthy to skin/bones in less than 2 days. The vet said that an intestinal blockage(which she did not find) or a toxin was the only things that could cause a dog to lose that much weight or take them from meat on the bone to literally nothing in that short of time. I am very sad because he was the ANGEL dog, compared to all my others(love them to death, but he made them look like devil incarnates).

We have put his food dish away, his kennel will be put away, and his bedding will be washed and stored with all the other.

I am going to miss him dearly. He was my first boy, and I loved him just like he was my child.

Otto'sMom
12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
:hug99: I guess sometimes even when you do everything right, you can't win. Again, I am so sorry for your loss:hug99:

oceangirls
12-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Oh my gosh Gena, that must have been awful... it happened so fast!

He went to the bridge knowing he was loved, though. I have a very "good" little boy at the bridge too... he also went there too young and too suddenly (I still have the bowl with his name on it in my closet).

If you want to share any stories or pictures of Cooper on here, please feel free. Sometimes it helps to think about the happy memories. :hug99:

lotsadox
12-19-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :candle:

Sometimes these things happen. No one seems to know why. Pebbles went in a similar manner and I felt so bad. I felt like I should have known that something was wrong. My vet told me that her problems were internal and she was old and showed no signs until she was past helping. She said that I probably mistook her discomfort (she just slept a lot) for just signs of old age and that was natural. It's very hard with our companion animals. They can't tell us what's going on with them and we can't always tell.

Bless you for loving Cooper and keeping him safe and warm and happy for his days here on earth.

Run free, little boy!

Rae
12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Oh Gena that's awful, You poor thing. :hug99: It is obvious from what the vet said there was nothing you could do.... which does not make it hurt any less.

He was well loved while he was here, for sure, and you will have a Cooper-shaped hole in your heart from now on.

Kim's Tristan will keep him company at the bridge I'm sure. :angel7:

bsquared
12-19-2007, 06:08 PM
So, so sad. I am so sorry for your loss!!