PDA

View Full Version : Rescuing Sprite

Frzframe
12-20-2007, 01:42 PM
and cried my eyes out but I couldn't put it down. I'm going to write Mr. Levin a email/letter and thank him for writting it and for rescuing a senior dog (even though they were told he was much younger).

He is donating a portion of his proceeds from the sale of this book to animal shelters.

Check it out at http://www.marklevinshow.com/ You can also get an signed copy or Amazon has then on sale. I saw it at Wal-Mart and picked it up. :)

TheDoxieHaus
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the reccomendation! I'm sure I will also blubber like a fool :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: , but those are the best books!

AnnMarieK
12-20-2007, 03:42 PM
I just picked it up at Sam's a couple of days ago... I haven't had time to read it yet... glad for the tissue alert !!!!

bsquared
12-20-2007, 04:22 PM
I've asked this to be in my stocking, along with about 12 boxes of tissue. :)

bittyup
12-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Gonna go and get a copy. Thanks.

Patt
12-21-2007, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'll check the book store.

bsquared
01-09-2008, 01:37 PM
OH.MY.dOG. What a great book! I cried my freaking eyes out! But it is so good! It turns out the author lives in the county next to where I grew up. I might see if I can contact him next time I go home...and tell him how wonderful he is.

Two thumbs up! If anyone wants to read this, let me know and I'll mail the book to you. It's a quick read...I read it on a Friday night (gone are my wild Friday nights, replaced with quiet evenings reading...ho hum).

Frzframe
01-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Glad you liked it. It just goes to show people that even though they are seniors and might not have much time with us that older dogs are soooo worth taking in and loving. It breaks my heart how many senior's are dumped off at shelters. :(

I can send out my copy to once my mom reads it.

Tex
01-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Will have to check this out. Thanks for the tip!!!

bittyup
01-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Well I wasn't planning on buying anything this morning but I saw this book in Barnes and Nobles over Christmas and I didn't have enough. Just bought it from Amazon along with a book called My recycled Pets-The story of a dog addict. Won't be here til Tues so I have enough time to go buy tissues. With the exception of Nero all my adoptions have been seniors or very hard to place babies(actually Nero was in the shelter for 7 months so maybe that is hard to place). Dox probably being the hardest. The little sweety was such a mess when I first saw him. Anyway,thanks for the heads up on the book. Looking forward to reading it.