PDA

View Full Version : Another agility weekend with Weens and da Bug

areese
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
We had another great agility weekend (well, Friday and Saturday).
I was SOOOOO proud of Salsa....last trial the teeter didn't tip for her which understandably scared her quite a bit, causing her to avoid not only the teeter but the dogwalk also (looks the same to a 7 inch tall dog as they approach it). She jumped off the dogwalk during her first standard run (they can't get back on after that). She ran the games really well...and I avoided doing the contact obstacles (you get to choose your own course for some games) cuz I wanted her to be happy and fast and she was. She qualified in everything after that. Saturday we did the dogwalk in the opening of snooker and she was like OH!!!! Dat's not scawy-and did it nicely in the closing. In Standard we had to do the teeter TWICE (they didn't use the a-frame so that requires doing another contact obstacle twice) and she did it both times!!!!!! And the dogwalk!!! She was so brave...and ran awfully fast once she wasn't on those dreaded obstacles. 8 out of 10 Q's. 5 out of 5 Saturday. All firsts except for one second when her brother Owen beat her in Jumpers. She has reached level 5 in a few areas so runs against Owen now (Laika is an 8 inch dog, O and Salsa are 4)
Owen did very well also, Q-ing in 5 out of 6 and Laika 4 out of 6. Owen ran a LONG (188 yard) standard run 13 seconds under time!! Laika had a speeding fast jumpers run and beat the two pugs she runs against FINALLY (they always beat her!! But of course their legs are a lot longer..)
Here's some pics (just ribbons as usual but better than nothing I guess :))
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1066.jpg
O looks so cute I'll post both pics
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1063.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1064.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1062.jpg

oceangirls
12-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Sigh... just ribbons as usual :rolleyes:... hundreds of bright-colored, shiny ribbons... dogs are buried under ribbons... :sosad: *yawn* :rotfl:

I love to read your agility experiences! And the dogs are so very very very cute surrounded by ribbons.

areese
12-31-2007, 11:48 PM
Sigh... just ribbons as usual :rolleyes:... hundreds of bright-colored, shiny ribbons... dogs are buried under ribbons... :sosad: *yawn* :rotfl:

I love to read your agility experiences! And the dogs are so very very very cute surrounded by ribbons.

I have the best dogs ever.. I was laying in bed at the Motel 6 friday night with all my dogs in bed with me and I look at them and think gosh how did I get so lucky?????????

bittyup
01-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Salsa you runned berry berry fast again!and again! and again! You gotted the most ribbons. Conratulations to Laika and Owen too cause you runned fast too! Bet da Pugs are jealous!:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :congrats: :wave: :congrats: :wave: :congrats: :star: :star: :star:

Alex's Mom
01-01-2008, 08:28 AM

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! You Reeses are a pretty special bunch!! :hug99::hug99::hug99:

LexieLuvr
01-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! You Reeses are a pretty special bunch!! :hug99::hug99::hug99:
HUGE DITTO!!! Congratulations to the whole fambly!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Tex
01-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Oh Amy! We just :love5: those pics of your pups with there ribbons!!!!
:congrats: to everyone!!!!

Claudine
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
You really are blessed with the sweetest pups!! I think they are blessed, too, to have a mommy who devotes so much time & interest to them! A winning combination!!!! CONGRATS !!!!:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

Tanya
01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
I have the best dogs ever.. I was laying in bed at the Motel 6 friday night with all my dogs in bed with me and I look at them and think gosh how did I get so lucky?????????
Aw, don't act like all of those ribbons are luck! :appl: :appl: :appl: for all of the hard work you've put into training them! Absolutely amazing!

:congrats:

Patt
01-04-2008, 03:37 AM
You really are blessed with the sweetest pups!! I think they are blessed, too, to have a mommy who devotes so much time & interest to them! A winning combination!!!! CONGRATS !!!!:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:
:ditto:

You and your "kids" are a fantastic team. :appl: :appl: :congrats: