PDA

View Full Version : Reese starts his Earth Dog class tomorrow!-Updated

Jill
01-11-2008, 10:03 AM
And I am so excited. I think he's going to LOVE it and do great. I've been trying to get into this class for a while, but they kept holding it on weekday afternoons, so it was impossible. :cheer3:

lotsadox
01-11-2008, 10:21 AM
That is so cool! I've always thought that Cash would love to do earthdog.

I can hardly wait to hear how it goes! :crossfin:

TheDoxieHaus
01-11-2008, 10:39 AM
That's great...I too have always thought my Ries would be great at it. His prey drive is so strong. :dog1:

Is it a local Earthdog Club that is holding the class?

Tex
01-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I bet he's going to :love5: it!!!

areese
01-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Oh I bet he's gonna love it! I'm not even telling Laika cuz she would be SOOO jealous...

Jill
01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
He just goes nuts when he catches a scent. His hackles go right up and his nose is pinned to the ground. I can't wait.

It's being run at facility that does all kinds of training. It's open to doxies and terriers only.

LexieLuvr
01-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Great! I can't wait to hear how well he will do at training - I'll bet you'll be amazed! I'd LOVE to get Jack into that, too, but it's just so dang far away.

Patt
01-11-2008, 04:47 PM
How exciting for you and Reese. :cheer: I can't wait to hear all about it.

bittyup
01-12-2008, 07:54 AM
That sounds soooo exciting. Hope ya take pictures!

Alex's Mom
01-12-2008, 08:37 AM
This is so cool!!! I think Alex would have been good at that, but we don't have anything like that around here :sosad: Can't wait to hear how it went!

Mama S.
01-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Dang whycan't they do neat stuff like that around here? You gotta tell us allll about it! Sounds like something some of the herd would have a blast at!!!
ENjoy yourself Reece!!!!
Mama

Jill
01-12-2008, 06:34 PM
HE LOVED IT. He went totally ballistic when the rat was brought out. Did exactly what he was supossed to: barking and growling and scratching and biting at the cage.

We started with 4ft. sections of the tunnels just to get them used to going in and out of them. He did great. And then they brought out the rat. He was in heaven.

The instructor said he did excellent for his first time, and that he really has the instinct! :cheer3: Yay for Reesey!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Dang whycan't they do neat stuff like that around here? You gotta tell us allll about it! Sounds like something some of the herd would have a blast at!!!
ENjoy yourself Reece!!!!
Mama

They do...maybe not classes but Earthdog. DCA was in Georgia 2 years ago...

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-12-2008, 07:09 PM
HE LOVED IT. He went totally ballistic when the rat was brought out. Did exactly what he was supossed to: barking and growling and scratching and biting at the cage.

We started with 4ft. sections of the tunnels just to get them used to going in and out of them. He did great. And then they brought out the rat. He was in heaven.

The instructor said he did excellent for his first time, and that he really has the instinct! :cheer3: Yay for Reesey!

Very cool..now we need to get you addicted to the competitions and get you sucked into Field Trials. If you think ED is fun....

Patt
01-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Hooray for Reese. I'm glad his first attempt was fun for him and successful.

bittyup
01-13-2008, 10:38 AM
:cheer3: :cheer3: Congratulations Reese:woonana: :woonana: Great job. Glad ya liked it.:woonana: