PDA

View Full Version : Sanford and my sanity

Courtney
01-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Well it's been an interesting 24 hours with Sanford.

Last night, the dogs were outside while their dinners were defrosting a bit and I was collecting the trash. I walked out the front door and found the dogs in our driveway with the gate wide open. Here is a pic of the gate...

http://static.flickr.com/8/9025847_85eed6fe85.jpg

The latch on top was open/flipped up AND that snap on the bottom was undone. Do not ask me how he did it. But he was trying to get at the feral cats. He ran around the neighborhood for a bit before I was able to grab him.

Then this morning, I closed the doors to the cat rooms before I let Sanford out, but Molly was out in the living room I guess, because Sanford found her and attacked. She lost quite a few tufts of fur, peed on me, and lost a claw. She is OK but we had to take her to the vet.

Needless to say Sanford needs to go to a home without cats. It's not going to be easy to move him around but I hope we can work something out. We try our damndest to keep him away from the cats, but obviously even all we are doing is not good enough.

Loren
01-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Wow..he's a SMART one huh? Well...it shouldn't be too hard to find him a home without cats I don't think. Hey..I"m one of them :D

Frzframe
01-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Sanford kitty cats are your friends. He is a smart fella for finding a way out of the fence. Maybe Frankie and Sanford have been getting together online giving each other ideas on what they can do to drive us crazy. :scratch:

K2
01-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Pippit has a message for Sandford...."don't mess wif da kitties. dey can getcha in da eye. I had to go to da vet and ebrything"

Chrystyna
01-26-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm just happy that Molly is ok and didn't get seriously hurt in the scuffle. Hopefully they'll find a new foster home for him quick!! Good luck!!!

Goob
01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Courtney if he can unlock the gate and get out, what's to stop him from starting the car and driving away!? You better watch your car keys. :rotfl:

Helen
01-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Molly lost a claw? Poor baby. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for her.

Good luck keeping them apart until something can be worked out. :crossfin:

JanUet
01-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Perhaps in his last life he was an escape artist! :rotfl:

Sending you :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Courtney that he either gets with it or gets adopted into a loving home with NO Kitties!

Patt
01-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Courtney, I know exactly what you are going through!!! It's musical cats and dog around here. It is a hassle but we finally have it done pat now and no more tufts of hair are flying.

Sending adoption :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for Sanford and hopefully he will find a loving forever NO cats or other small pets home soon.

Courtney
01-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Well good news for my sanity - Sanford's going to go to a different foster home tomorrow, one with no cats! There is an awesome lady up north of me who fosters for us and she is happy to take him. She is the one who got my very first foster, Basil, into rescue. There are some applications that listed him too, so maybe he will find his forever home quickly. Not sure what I am doing as far as another foster but I might hold off because next Saturday, the 4th, I'm having a huge garage sale at my house for Dane rescue. Chrystyna, Piper's mom, totally rocks and is basically organizing it, and I love her for that!!!!!

Patt
01-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the update, good to hear he will be living elsewhere with no kitties. Good luck on your garage sale and make lots of money.:banana:

Linus
01-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Does he like kids? I just did a home visit for a family that needs a dog that active!!

Courtney
01-27-2006, 12:56 AM
How old are the kids Linsey?

Linus
01-27-2006, 12:57 AM
13, 9, and 7..all great with Bailey. Then there's a VERY active 2 year old. He has to be watched constantly, but he did well with Bailey who normally does not like kids.

Courtney
01-27-2006, 12:58 AM
I don't think it would work...he's too high strung to be around kids younger than 10!

Linus
01-27-2006, 01:02 AM
It's going to take one special dog to be with this family. Engergetic enough to run around with the kids, and laid back enough to tolerate the two year old grabbing his tail!! :faint: I was really surprised Bailey took it as well as he did.

LUVMYGUNNER
01-27-2006, 09:28 AM
I hope he finds a good home. He sounds like Peaches:rotfl: LOL

HotDogMama
01-27-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm so glad everything is working out for you!! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: Lots of adoption rayz that Sandford goes to a forever home soon!! :AngelPray

Lisa
01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
More Molly rayz! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Glad he is being moved to another home, that will be a big relief for the cats. Good luck with your garage sale.

WTG Chrystyna :banana: :banana: :banana:

Loren
01-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm having a huge garage sale at my house for Dane rescue. Chrystyna, Piper's mom, totally rocks and is basically organizing it, and I love her for that!!!!!

Whatcha selling? :scratch: :scratch:

LUVMYGUNNER
01-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Yea Coutknee what do have??

lotsadox
01-27-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm glad Sanford found another foster home. Maybe he was Houdini in his former life? :D

Jen
01-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Wonderful news that Sanford found a new, cat-free foster home! I'm sure you'll have another one before too long Courtney!

Mama S.
01-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Sad that Sandford had to be moved but glad he found a kitty free home and that your baby and the feral's won't have to be on the look out anymore! I so understand the Houdidni thing! Just when I'm sure that they can't find a way out, Shadow is waggin her tail at the front door -LET ME IN MOOOMM!
Sandi