PDA

View Full Version : Agility Weekend Again :) Pictures added post 5 :)

areese
01-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Back from another agility weekend...
Dogs did great as usual...although at times it felt like the Joy of Victory-the Agony of Defeat.....
Like Salsa doing an awesome Standard run, weaving 18 weaves!!! (one set of 12, one of 6) doing the a-frame bravely...then jumping off the teeter which was the next to the last obstacle :( Laika did the same thing. They really dislike that teeter). Both Owen and Salsa going out about 15 feet to the weave poles during Jackpot (it's a game where the handler has to stay behind a line and send the dogs at a distance from you to perform a sequence of obstacles) but then popping out of them (Laika did it wonderfully :))
My dogs were like the weave pole champions this weekend...Salsa is finally getting really reliable on them and it's so nice to not have to worry. Owen too. He had some gorgeous runs...he got first place in every run he qualified in. Sadly, that means we beat our friend Beamer who is another agilie weener. He does run his little legs off but Owen is faster.
Owen was so funny this weekend. He was so excited he was barking at me while running (at ME...not like the Evil Laika who had to bark at the ring crew for some reason known only to her Weenerness) and people were laughing cuz his tail wags so fast the whole time he runs..they say it must propel him forward like an airplane propeller.
I had to run all three more often this time...I think in 5 runs! I'm getting so I'm not even so out of breath by the last dog. The gate person was cracking us up (they sorta announce the next dogs so people are in line at the gate) so she was yelling Amy is next with Salsa, then Amy and a weener, then Amy with another weener... There aren't a lot of little dogs there.
MY friend Pat (Salsa's former mom) had a great weekend too. Her new medicine for the MS must be working cuz she was running really well and her dogs did great :)
So it was a fun time. Laika qualified 5 out of 7, Owen 4 out of 6, Salsa 7 out of 10. I need a bigger bin to put Miss Salsalita's ribbons in!

jenfer
01-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Good for you!!! :cheer3: :cheer3:

We went to one last week, it was pretty much disaster. Did 3 runs, flunk all of them. She didn't want to weave, like to say hi to the worker, skipping the last jump = fun In a way I don't blame her, all her runs are towards the end of the day and we were all tired by then. When we practiced in the morning, she was great. Sigh.

areese
01-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Good for you!!! :cheer3: :cheer3:

We went to one last week, it was pretty much disaster. Did 3 runs, flunk all of them. She didn't want to weave, like to say hi to the worker, skipping the last jump = fun In a way I don't blame her, all her runs are towards the end of the day and we were all tired by then. When we practiced in the morning, she was great. Sigh.
That's one reason I am not so fond of AKC...the Excellent dogs always run first and you wait around all day to run two runs...
This weekend Salsa was the first dog every day. Sometimes they order them Tall to Small though, then we have a bit of a wait. But they mix it up some...although usually it is the higher levels that run first. Plus in CPE there are 4 or 5 different runs each day so there isn't so much just waiting around.
USDAA also has 4 different run (Standard, jumpers, snooker, gamblers) so there's more opportunity to run.

Linus
01-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Great job once again!! :cheer3: :cheer3:

areese
01-21-2008, 02:39 PM
I decided to do it a bit differently...
Here are all the ribbons they have won in agility. In the bins. And their new ones outside the bins.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1122.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1125.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1126.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1119.jpg

jenfer
01-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Show off. lol.

The one we did was NADAC with EAT, I don't think I want to trial with EAT any more... if the wait is that long.

However, we are going to try TDAA next month. That is TEACUP DOGS AGILITY ASSOCIATION, focusing on smaller dogs. :cheer3:

areese
01-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Show off. lol.

The one we did was NADAC with EAT, I don't think I want to trial with EAT any more... if the wait is that long.

However, we are going to try TDAA next month. That is TEACUP DOGS AGILITY ASSOCIATION, focusing on smaller dogs. :cheer3:

I want to do NADAC but there is like one trial a year in the area... I really really want to do teacup, esp. with Salsa but I'd need to go to Ohio probably. There was ONE in Michigan last year, up north, but I was doing something else. I think my dogs would be awesome in TDAA... Is there any CPE near you?? It's really fun.
Here's a list of their trials:
http://www.k9cpe.com/events.htm#SCCA6182004
I used to do UKC but it was the same thing...2 runs a day and a lot of waiting.
Some clubs aren't so organized or have enough help so things take a long time... I do regularly trial at one club that is like that but they are so nice and the place is so nice (with good food!!!) we always go anyway.

Tanya
01-21-2008, 04:42 PM
She found a new way to photograph the ribbons! :D I'm just teasing!

Salsa has the look of "I wike dis bwue one!"

:congrats:

oceangirls
01-21-2008, 04:47 PM
SO cool to read your stories! I love that we always get two equally cute pictures of O from different angles of adorableness.

areese
01-21-2008, 05:14 PM
SO cool to read your stories! I love that we always get two equally cute pictures of O from different angles of adorableness.

He's always so darn cute I can't pick just one picture....

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Somewhere I have a picture of a quilt make out of ribbons from dog shows...I think I need to send it to you...

lizzieb38
01-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Just gushing, because of all the proudness for my lil nieces and nephew! Can't believe how full Salsa Baby's bin is already. You must have at leasst two bins full for Laika and Owey. Just love seeing their pics and hearing how great they have done, once again!:cheer3: :cheer3: :appl: :appl: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to all of you!

Tex
01-22-2008, 09:12 AM
First, :congrats: on all the qualifying/winning!:cheer3:

Ok, I couldn't help myself....I have captions for the pics:

Laika: "That's right, dees is mine.......yep, all of dem..."

Owen: Pic 1 "Dees is all mine, eben dis wed one!"

Owen: Pic 2 "Why for I still in dis bin?"

Salsa: "I wik dis bwue one da bestest, but I will share dees udders wit you"

lotsadox
01-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Talented weens! :banana: :banana: :banana: I love reading the agility stories.

:congrats: on all the good runs.

However, all of the CPE, AKC, NADAC, EAT has me so confused! :duh: :duh: :duh:

areese
01-22-2008, 09:44 AM

However, all of the CPE, AKC, NADAC, EAT has me so confused! :duh: :duh: :duh:

Yeah...way too many initials...
There are different agility venues, with different rules and stuff. They are all quite similar, really, and use pretty much the same equipment. Just have different rules mostly. Different time requirements... AKC of course is American Kennel Club and the one you see on tv mostly. CPE is Canine Performance Events. NADAC is NOrth American Agility Dog Council...and so on. Then there are clubs that put on the trial and they usually have THEIR own initials. I assume that is what EAT is. There are a billion clubs....
I belong to AWSOMM (Agility Workout Society of Mid Michigan) that sponsors USDAA Trials (United States Dog Agility Association).:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: WAY too many accronymns and initials.

Alex's Mom
01-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah...way too many initials...
There are different agility venues, with different rules and stuff. They are all quite similar, really, and use pretty much the same equipment. Just have different rules mostly. Different time requirements... AKC of course is American Kennel Club and the one you see on tv mostly. CPE is Canine Performance Events. NADAC is NOrth American Agility Dog Council...and so on. Then there are clubs that put on the trial and they usually have THEIR own initials. I assume that is what EAT is. There are a billion clubs....
I belong to AWSOMM (Agility Workout Society of Mid Michigan) that sponsors USDAA Trials (United States Dog Agility Association).:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: WAY too many accronymns and initials.

:holyshp: and I thought the military was bad for acronyms!!! I'm just SO proud of your guys (and you, of course!)...imagine having so many ribbons that they need their own bins!

I'm liking the quilt idea...it was the same with horse show ribbons...wasn't sure what to do with them other than stringing them up in the tack room. Actually ended up giving a bunch of them back to the dressage show organzers to be recycled saving them some money.

areese
01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Some people don't take the rosettes (if they indeed win one) and just take the small qualifying ribbons (they are teal colored) cuz they take up less room.
Some venues have the big rosettes for qualifying and small ones in blue,red, yellow, white for placements. Sometimes I think I gotta stop taking the big ribbons but geez...they look so pretty hanging on our pen all weekend... and I imagine people admiring them and being jealous of all our wins :rotfl: I suppose I could put them back cuz I don't write on the big ones, just the teal ones (the run, level, placement, dog, time, etc can be written on the back)
YOu can even get "loser ribbons" for placement without qualifying. If NO dogs qualify in your level they place them at 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. Small blue, red, etc. ribbons. I don't take those...
I have no idea what to do with them all. Maybe someday I will dump them out and take pics of the dogs frolicing in ribbons. I've seen the quilts somewhere online...but they were made of the non-rosette ribbons I think.
Maybe I could wallpaper a room with them...

Rileybugg
01-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Those pictures are way too PRECIOUS!!!!!:pinky: