PDA

View Full Version : Coco....

viener weiner
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I went over to see Coco, my sister's 17 year old poodle, and she was in a very bad way last night. She had seizues and what the vet said was a grand mal seizure while we were there. She also had a very bad night, and my sister was not sure she was going to make it through the night. But, she did. My sister took her to the vet this AM and the vet said he thought she had a brain tumor. Can't be totally sure without the MRI, but he said she had all the symptoms of one. The poor thing was even having seizures while at the vet's and at one point, the vet thought she might die in his office. So, the decision was made to put her to sleep :sosad: .

All morning I can't help but run a slide show of her life in my mind. She was such a great dog. So beautiful and loving. Coco will be greatly missed....

Alex's Mom
02-19-2008, 01:18 PM
So sorry to hear about Coco's passing...it's comforting to know that you've got such great memories of her...she'll live forever in your hearts! We'll light a candle for her here...:candle2: :hug99::hug99: for you and your sister.

Jen
02-19-2008, 01:23 PM
My deepest sympathies to you and your sister and family on the loss of Coco. Even when they have a long and happy life, its still so hard to lose them.

bsquared
02-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm so sorry! Rest in peace, sweet Coco. :candle:

Rae
02-19-2008, 03:03 PM
I am so sorry ! No matter how old they are we are never ready to let go... I am sure there is a barkfest of welcome at the Rainbow Bridge in her honor...

Patt
02-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Coco's passing. I will light a :candle3: for her journey to the Bridge.

Opaleyz
02-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Coco :candle:

So sorry for your loss.

viener weiner
02-19-2008, 06:04 PM
it has been a very sad day around here. The kids are all very upset, and I have been crying all day, too. This is awful :sosad: . We have been talking about Coco and the fact that she did have a great life. And, she really did. This truly is the downside of pet ownership, that your animal most likely will pass on before you. DAMN....

OK, I'd better start pulling myself together, I've got things to do :rotfl: . Thank you all for your support. It means a lot during this difficult time. Love, Gina and Joy

LUVMYGUNNER
02-19-2008, 07:18 PM
RIP little one.:candle:

oceangirls
02-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm so sorry :(. It's always heartbreaking to lose one of our little innocent sweeties.

:candle:

Tex
02-20-2008, 08:28 AM
:candle2: for Coco...please pass on my condolences to your sister too.

LexieLuvr
02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss and your sister's. Please know Coco is in a place of pure love. That's not much consolation, but the best I can do. RIP, Coco.

bittyup
02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
I AM SO SORRY ABOUT COCO. HER MEMORY WILL ALWAYS BE THERE TO WARM YOUR HEARTS. I WILL LIGHT A :candle3: FOR HER JOURNEY TO THE BRIDGE. CONDOLENCES TO THE WHOLE FAMILY:candle3:

laura
02-21-2008, 12:44 AM
So sorry to hear of the loss of sweet COCO!

Rileybugg
02-24-2008, 04:22 AM
My condolences and many :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to you, your bsister, and your family on the loss of little Coco. That is such a long life, she sounds as if she was much loved.:candle3: :hearts:

viener weiner
02-24-2008, 12:41 PM
all of you for kind thoughts. Yes, Coco was much loved. In our family our dogs become true family members (probably like you feel about your dogs as well). And, our dogs tend to live a long time. The dog I grew up with lived to be 16. I am really hoping Joy lives a long, healthy, and happy life, too. At least I do all I can to try to make that happen, I guess that's all any of us could do.

We had no choice but to let Coco go, she was suffering, and is truly in a better place now. She is going to be buried in a pet cemetery in Metheuen, MA probably some time in April. There's going to be a "viewing" that will be something like a human wake, I'd imagine, and then the burial. Arrangements are all made....

So, again, thank you all for your condolences. They truly do mean a lot. So, rest in peace, Sweet Coco, you truly will be missed and thought of often....:angel: