PDA

View Full Version : First AKC Trial

areese
02-24-2008, 09:02 PM
We went to our first AKC agility trial this weekend. We had a good time...we only got in today...I guess they had like 700 entries and did a random draw for the trial. It WAS really crowded when we got there but as soon as the Excellent dogs got done running it cleared out. Both Laika and Owen qualified in Standard-Laika got first as Owen took a bit of time on the table...he got up a couple of times (CPE agility doesn't use a pause table like that so he's out of practice) but both were well under course time. Salsa didn't run standard. All three ran Jumpers with weaves (only dogs in their class so they all ran one after another!!) and Laika and Salsa qualified. Owen knocked a bar. Salsa got first and Laika got second! It was cool. Salsa was the last dog in the trial and her run was just perfect and awesome and fast. Standard course time was 42 seconds and she ran it in 26.89 :) :) :) People were cheering like crazy...well...the few people who were left. A few stayed to see her run. Laika was not as fast as she decided she must bark at some unused equipment piled up behind a tunnel. I saw her looking at it at the start line...she ran the whole beginning of the course really fast so she could bark LOL. What a dog. Owen's standard run was nice and fast and he didn't jump any of the contacts which was cool. I've worked so hard on that I always am happy to see hard work paying off :)
Anyway, we had fun. I'm proud of my dogs :)

jenfer
02-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Isn't that fun??? I like AKC trials. :)

areese
02-24-2008, 09:32 PM
It was fun but I still prefer CPE. I am used to running 10-11 runs in a day, not 5....I really like the games in CPE and USDAA
But it was enjoyable..novice courses were easy and short so that was fun and I know the dogs had a really good time on them. I will do it again!

Tex
02-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Ok, so where are the first and second place ribbon pics?

Glad ya'll had fun!!!!:cheer3:

bittyup
02-24-2008, 10:09 PM
I WISH I COULD WATCH THESE GUYS RUN.CONGRATS ON A GOOD DAY! SALSA YOU WAN BERRY BERRY FAST AGAIN!:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

Tanya
02-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Very cool! Congrats on the great runs!

I'd love to see your pups run...especially speedy little Salsa. She doesn't have a big head after leaving the wiens in the dust does she?! :)

Opaleyz
02-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I WISH I COULD WATCH THESE GUYS RUN.CONGRATS ON A GOOD DAY! SALSA YOU WAN BERRY BERRY FAST AGAIN!:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:
:ditto: :congrats:

Patt
02-25-2008, 04:01 AM
:congrats:

ITA! It would be thrilling to see your puppers competing. Your doing such a wonderful job training, keep up the good work. :appl:

Jen
02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
As long as you are all having fun, that's the best part. But having such great runs, well, its the icing on the cake. :congrats:

I wanna see Salsa run!

Rae
02-25-2008, 10:31 AM
She doesn't have a big head after leaving the wiens in the dust does she?! :)

c'mon T, she doesn't have a big ANYTHING. She is bery small.

I too would LOVE to see the Bug run. Closest I have ever been is watching agility on TV and of course I tell DH - "Salsa and Owen Weenie and Laika and GiGi would do SO much better than that" no matter who is running ...