PDA

View Full Version : Buda is Coming (Yippee)

Yolanda
03-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Just think Bud is less than two months away and I am getting very excited about the event.

Today, I confirmed my reservations and rechecked with the airline regarding ther pet policy. OK, get this on American Airlines, I can put both GOOSEMan and Max in one carrier and bring both dogs with me. It is weight and not the dog. We are talking one fee and not two fees.

Check List: airline tickets confirmed, Room reservation confirmed, rental car reservation confirmed and I get to bring two of my babies. GREAT DEAL.

Linus
03-05-2008, 12:23 AM
:woohoo: I can't wait!!!!

ebmw1975
03-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I got my tickiet today as well!!!!!! I am sooo excited will fly in thurs and leave mon and Zandra ( whom is made of awsome) is getting me and I will stay with her. I am sooo excited now all I have to do is all the medical stuff my dr's insist on and find out about narcotics on planes and stuff like that. Cant wait and to meet every one!:woonana:

michelehbc
03-05-2008, 12:37 AM
:sad3: :sad2:

I'll miss it! Take lotsa LOTSA pics for me...

and watch out...... My crew will be there next year!!!!!! :evilgrin:

lotsadox
03-05-2008, 12:38 AM
:woonana:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-05-2008, 02:01 AM
if folks will pm me their arrival time, cell numbers and where they are staying, I will make a spread sheet for us. Also, I still have bed space if folks need.

Tex
03-05-2008, 08:18 AM
So, when do we want to party, and how many jello shots will we need? I've lost track of how many people are coming this year!!!:cheer3:

Fluffy
03-05-2008, 11:36 AM
:sad3: :sad2:

I'll miss it! Take lotsa LOTSA pics for me...

and watch out...... My crew will be there next year!!!!!! :evilgrin:

Me too!! I talked Abe into letting me go, but I forgot we will need a security deposit for our new place about the same time. I just feel guilty taking $500 when we need it for something else so I've decided not to come afterall :sosad:

lotsadox
03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
We'll miss you, Bex, but I think you made the right decision. The deposit for the house is important and should come first. We'll take lots of pics. :hug99: :hug99:

Jen
03-05-2008, 02:56 PM
I can't swing it this year either Bex, so we can have a pity party here! :sosad:

It will be fun to see everyone's pics and videos though!

Mama S.
03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I can't swing it this year either Bex, so we can have a pity party here!

I was gonna surpise everyone and show up until PJ's stoopid truck decided to blow the 4 wheel drive and eat up over a thousand dollars US AMERICAN ones at that for repairs:sosad: :pout: especially when said repairs started at $119....

I think the doGs are against me :(

Mama

Tex
03-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I was gonna surpise everyone and show up until PJ's stoopid truck decided to blow the 4 wheel drive and eat up over a thousand dollars US AMERICAN ones at that for repairs:sosad: :pout: especially when said repairs started at $119....

I think the doGs are against me :(

Mama
Well that sure sucks Mama!!! We will be thinking of you, and promise to take lots of pics.....maybe Rafi can photoshop you in...:hug99:

Otto'sMom
03-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Well shoot, Mama, if you could make it to Meridian, I'd share my room with ya.:hug99:

lotsadox
03-08-2008, 12:33 AM
I got some good news about Buda today. Since Bogart's back issues, I've been having a lot of trouble with the idea of leaving him with someone else while we're gone. I talked to my petsitter today and she was willing to keep him at her house, but she's fostering a dog that's kind of aggressive. She said that she'd keep him in her bedroom with her and take him out alone, but I was kind of uneasy about the idea anyway.

I didn't think that Jim would want to take more than 2 dogs with us. He can get kind of annoyed at having to deal with the dogs. Anyway, I told him about the situation and HE suggested that we bring Bogart with us. :cheer3: So Bogart is going to be making an appearance at Buda! And I'm feeling much better about going.

Yolanda
03-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Sorry Mama - I will really miss you.

Patrice - so glad I can met your guy.

I am getting more and more excited every day.

lotsadox
03-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Me, too, Yo. I can hardly wait!

Tex
03-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Well shoot, Mama, if you could make it to Meridian, I'd share my room with ya.:hug99:
So this means that you and some Anipals are coming!?!?!?! :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

I'm glad that Borgart is gettin' to come too!!! He's such a character!!!

lotsadox
03-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Andrea's coming? :cheer3: :cheer3: :woonana: :cheer3::cheer3:

Otto'sMom
03-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Yep, I am coming. Haven't made my reservations yet, but am funded and prepared. Don't know which Anipals are coming yet either.

Jill
03-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, I will definitely be there next year!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Yep, I am coming. Haven't made my reservations yet, but am funded and prepared. Don't know which Anipals are coming yet either.

Still one room at my house.... and one or two at my mothers. All dogs welcome! Room rates are great too!

Otto'sMom
03-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I'll take you up on that Zandra! Why not? My kennel bill is gonna be huge for the weekend so I'd like to save as much as possible. I'm planning on bringing at least 5 dogs: Otto, Cassie, Michele, Rusty and possibly Grrrt.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-08-2008, 04:01 PM
I'll take you up on that Zandra! Why not? My kennel bill is gonna be huge for the weekend so I'd like to save as much as possible. I'm planning on bringing at least 5 dogs: Otto, Cassie, Michele, Rusty and possibly Grrrt.

Woot! Excellent!

ebmw1975
03-10-2008, 12:02 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!! So me and Andrea and Zandra and TONS of pups!!! I am sooo excited I cant hardly stand it!!! I didnt think I was going to get to meet Andrea and then BAM I get to! and Otto, Grrt, Cassie, Michelle, Rusty as well as all of Z's crew. :woonana: :woonana: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

lotsadox
03-10-2008, 12:26 PM

Oooooh, the Otto-man is coming! :hearts: :hearts: And some of the newbies. Woohoo!

Jacqueline
03-10-2008, 11:24 PM

Photos! No excuses about not knowing where the cameras were....Andrea has a great new one. No excuses about not having the batteries charged....she has outlets!!!! That's gonna be lots and lots of puppers, and we want lots and lots of photos.

Watch the roads going there, lol. I drove over roads in Texas in the dark that were newly blacktopped with no lines down the middle. Dh says NEVER AGAIN!!!

Otto'sMom
03-10-2008, 11:28 PM
I can make it there in 8 hours, so it's daylight driving for me.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I can make it there in 8 hours, so it's daylight driving for me.

you can make it to Austin in 8 hours?!? It takes my mother 12 to get to Hattisburg. Are you really 4 hours from Hattisburg?

lotsadox
03-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Mapquest says 8 hrs 44 min from Diamond Head to Austin and I've found that Mapquest times are long (or is it just that I drive fast :scratch:)

Mapquest also says that it's 9 hrs 34 min from Austin to Hattisburg. Mom must be making a lot of pit stops if it takes her 12 hours.

Otto'sMom
03-11-2008, 06:55 AM
I'm a good 2 hours from Hattiesburg, and 3 from Meridian. Gotta remember, I drive 80mph.

Tex
03-11-2008, 07:25 AM
:woonana: Andrea and da Anipals are coming!!!!!:cheer3:

lotsadox
03-11-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm a good 2 hours from Hattiesburg, and 3 from Meridian. Gotta remember, I drive 80mph.

That's what I always have to factor in. Their times are driving the speed limit, I think. I rarely drive the speed limit.

Rafi
03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm going to be ready for the Buda trip by the time April rolls around... I'm working on a couple of projects that are making me tired... and looking for a much needed vacation. :)

oceangirls
03-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I rarely drive the speed limit.

In the 'Vette, I would think not!! :D :seeya:

lotsadox
03-11-2008, 08:27 PM
http://corvetteownersclubhouston.com/forums/images/smilies/SmokingTires.gif

Neshane
03-11-2008, 09:19 PM
So for us newbies, explain what, & where is Buda?? We would like to go to a Dachshund get together, thinking about the one in Kent, Oh. In July cause it's only 4 hrs away.
Any others around???

Otto'sMom
03-11-2008, 09:28 PM
So for us newbies, explain what, & where is Buda??

Buda is a smallish town in Texas just outside Austin where, every year, they hold Wiener Dog Races. Thousands of people come to watch and participate and almost all bring at least one dachshund. There are vendors selling all sorts of dachshund items, and it is made of awesome and filled with win. County fair type atmosphere, cause it's a county fair. We cheered on Peaches Weiner and had some fun meeting the people behind our online personas.

Yolanda
03-11-2008, 11:25 PM
... There are vendors selling all sorts of dachshund items, and it is made of awesome and filled with win. County fair type atmosphere, cause it's a county fair. .....

All sorts of dachshund itesms is exactly what I am looking for. Duggh :duh: - like I really need more.

Tex
03-20-2008, 07:50 AM
All sorts of dachshund itesms is exactly what I am looking for. Duggh :duh: - like I really need more.
You'll be in heaven Yo!!!

Mama S.
03-29-2008, 08:56 PM
The Gawga contingency will arrive Austin Friday at 7 pm and exit Austin Sunday at 1:00 pm. Certain people should just ignore wiggly luggage- I could never try and actually sneak a pupper home wif me:rotfl: :rotfl:

Mama

oceangirls
03-30-2008, 09:35 AM
I get in really early on Friday, like noon... didn't really want to do that :rolleyes:, but it was the most convenient flight. Maybe I can find a mall to entertain myself in :woohoo: until everyone else shows up.

lotsadox
03-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Oooh, Kim, there's an outlet mall that's great about an hour south of Austin. :cheer3: :cheer3:

We're getting in 'sometime' on Friday. Last year Jim wanted to leave early so that we wouldn't have all the traffic of leaving at 6:00. I was ready to go at 2:00. He showed up at 5:00 :wtf2: So I have no idea when we'll get going. I guess we'll get there when we get there. :dunno:

oceangirls
03-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Oooh, Kim, there's an outlet mall that's great about an hour south of Austin. :cheer3: :cheer3:

That will work nicely. Note to self: Bring large suitcase :evilgrin:

Lisa
03-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Kim, we are going to the malls outlet malls (http://www.hill-country-visitor.com/San_Marcos_Texas/Outlet+Malls/) (yes MALLS!!) on Friday.

I have a U.S. Cell #, I will find it and PM you the information.

We might check into our hotel first and the head out shopping so the puppers can rest. Hopefully they allow early check-in.

If we leave Little Rock at 5:30 a.m. then we should get into Austin around 2:00 p.m. (with stops). Hopefully Rafi and I will both be able to nap (not while driving though :lol: ) If you want to meet at the hotel we can go to the malls together? We are renting a big SUV for our trip so there will be oodles of room.

lotsadox
03-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Yup, that's the one, Lisa. It's really fun. They have Nine West, Chicos, Banana Republic. Lots of great stores and great discounts. :thumbup:

Linus
03-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Oo Oo!!! I want to go shopping!!! Since Bex isn't coming and I don't have to take that Monday off, maybe I'll take Friday! (maybe just a half day so I don't get too behind...that would put me in Austin around 2)

Lisa
03-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Awesome Lins! We love driving around the state with you, while our driver takes pictures ;) And now I have some dreadmill motivation to get into top shopping form!!

Linus
03-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Awesome Lins! We love driving around the state with you, while our driver takes pictures ;)

Yeah, ummm...I think I'll take the pictures this time!

Two Red Smooth's
03-30-2008, 09:04 PM
You'll all have fun at the outlets it's exit 200 off of IH35 only 20 min from here...if you go south you'll hit my area...just don't go toooo far south;)

Tex
03-31-2008, 09:16 AM
If anyone is coming into town and wants to do something like go shopping without their weiners, our house is always open for some doggie daycare!!! (free of charge of course) Just let me know if you need a place to stash your weiners, we'll be happy to hold onto them for you!

Alex's Mom
03-31-2008, 09:40 AM
:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:I wanna go to Buda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lotsadox
03-31-2008, 09:51 AM
I've got my guest room ready! You can ride over with us. :wink:

areese
03-31-2008, 10:20 AM
:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:I wanna go to Buda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kinda feel like that too :(

Lisa
03-31-2008, 10:26 AM
If anyone is coming into town and wants to do something like go shopping without their weiners, our house is always open for some doggie daycare!!! (free of charge of course) Just let me know if you need a place to stash your weiners, we'll be happy to hold onto them for you! Awesome, that is so sweet of you Tex! Question...do we have to take ALL of them back with us?!?

lotsadox
03-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Awesome, that is so sweet of you Tex! Question...do we have to take ALL of them back with us?!?

I'm sure you'd have no problem with that, Lisa. Those adorable puppers would be snapped up in no time. :hearts: :hearts:

oceangirls
03-31-2008, 12:31 PM
If you want to meet at the hotel we can go to the malls together? We are renting a big SUV for our trip so there will be oodles of room.

I would love to! :cheer3:

Tex
04-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Awesome, that is so sweet of you Tex! Question...do we have to take ALL of them back with us?!?
In short, no, you do not have to go back with all of them!!! (although I think John might divorce me if we added any more to our pack)

They (and ya'll) are welcome anytime!:hearts:

Jen
04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Just let me know if you need a place to stash your weiners, we'll be happy to hold onto them for you!

Uh, no one commented on how blue this sounds? I gotta be the first? Sheesh!

Tex
04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Uh, no one commented on how blue this sounds? I gotta be the first? Sheesh!
I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that! :D

Mama S.
04-01-2008, 09:16 PM
In short, no, you do not have to go back with all of them!!! (although I think John might divorce me if we added any more to our pack)

They (and ya'll) are welcome anytime!:hearts:

ha! dem leprechauns - dey barks a lot but den dey gib in!! Ask Mama her will tell you:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Otto'sMom
04-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that! :D

Sorry, I was late to the party and slacking off in my dooties, then again, I rarely take the obvious bait and let the slower fishies have a chance.

That being said, I'm gonna leave a certain "doxie" named Darwin there:D

Yolanda
04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
My friend April Scott (Dachshund Delights) is coming and staying at the Hotel with us. Party Time!!!!

lotsadox
04-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Oh, good! I need to look for a new harness for Bogart. :cheer3:

lotsadox
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Okay, we're getting down to the wire. It's less than 10 days until Buda and I'm so excited!

:banana20:

Jacqueline
04-15-2008, 10:24 PM
As my dh used to say (don't ask where he got it) dirty rotten racken frack.....I really wish I were coming with my doxie cargo. Quick, someone give me the winning lottery numbers for Florida's lottery tomorrow. I win, I can surely get a nice cash advance against it.

.............and I will cover all over Rusty's towel charges.

Otto'sMom
04-15-2008, 10:35 PM
As my dh used to say (don't ask where he got it) dirty rotten racken frack.....I really wish I were coming with my doxie cargo. Quick, someone give me the winning lottery numbers for Florida's lottery tomorrow. I win, I can surely get a nice cash advance against it.

.............and I will cover all over Rusty's towel charges.

:rotfl:
Your hubby's saying came from Yosimite Sam. My Dad would do the same thing and I used to do a DEAD ON impression of him (my Dad) and crack up my Mom.

Da Brat
04-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Is it the 25th yet?!!? Holy Cow! I so can't wait!! Went and got me some luggage last weekend and have to fight with myself everyday not to go ahead and pack up! :):)

lotsadox
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
I so can't wait!! Went and got me some luggage last weekend and have to fight with myself everyday not to go ahead and pack up! :):)

I know what you mean. I'm dying to get the suitcases out and start packing. Got my packing list all ready. I even know what dachshund t shirts I'm taking. :rotfl: Since the only clothes you need for Buda are capris/shorts and t shirts and flip flops.

Tex
04-16-2008, 12:12 PM
I know what you mean. I'm dying to get the suitcases out and start packing. Got my packing list all ready. I even know what dachshund t shirts I'm taking. :rotfl: Since the only clothes you need for Buda are capris/shorts and t shirts and flip flops.
You know, I was going to post about the weather...

It's typically sunny, hot, sometimes a little breezy.....but this is Texas folks! If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change. So, those of you coming in from out of state. Yes, pack shorts and tank tops or t-shirts and be sure to bring your flip flops, but a light jacket and a pair of jeans wouldn't be a bad idea either.......we've had lows in the 40's and 50's this week. You just never know what the weather here will do.

Tex
04-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Is it the 25th yet?!!? Holy Cow! I so can't wait!! Went and got me some luggage last weekend and have to fight with myself everyday not to go ahead and pack up! :):)
I SO know what you mean. I walk into our guest room at least once a day to make sure that nothing has moved (in a room where the door stays closed unless I open it....:duh: ), 'cause it's all ready for Mama and da Brat!!!!:cheer3:

Da Brat
04-16-2008, 01:51 PM
It's like that here too, seriously it's insane! I'm packing like 2 outfits for each day, one hot one cool! :) AHAHAHAH!

You know, I was going to post about the weather...

It's typically sunny, hot, sometimes a little breezy.....but this is Texas folks! If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change. So, those of you coming in from out of state. Yes, pack shorts and tank tops or t-shirts and be sure to bring your flip flops, but a light jacket and a pair of jeans wouldn't be a bad idea either.......we've had lows in the 40's and 50's this week. You just never know what the weather here will do.

Da Brat
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
:woohoo: We were in the grocery store the other night and I told Billy that I needed jello and he looked at me like :wtf2: you never make jello... Well then I explained that I told ya'll I'd be bringin' watermelon jello and he just rolled his eyes and laughed, then asked if I was bringing the kool-aid too! :rotfl:

I SO know what you mean. I walk into our guest room at least once a day to make sure that nothing has moved (in a room where the door stays closed unless I open it....:duh: ), 'cause it's all ready for Mama and da Brat!!!!:cheer3:

lotsadox
04-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah, Tex, it has been unusually cool here this week, too. I drag a hoodie everywhere I go just because the restaurants and theatres (and even our Jim in the car) have the A/C super cold so I forget about telling other people to bring at least one long sleeved garment.