View Full Version : Sad News

doxrox
03-13-2008, 02:35 PM
My heart has been breaking for a few people who are grieving.

First, my neighbors - they had the vet come to their house to put both of their Dalmatians down. Both were seniors and had serious medical issues that thousands of dollars in vet bills couldn't cure. Dallas had heart disease and Daniele (a rescue) had cancer. My neighbors decided it would be best for both of them to go to the Bridge together. The day before they went to the Bridge they were sitting outside with their mom so I got to say goodbye. But what a toll it's taken on their mom and dad now that their house is empty.

Then a couple weeks ago I got an email from a customer and she sent me a picture of her Doxie, Pistache, to upload to my ebay customer photo album. Her email said "He's 17 and going strong" Well, yesterday I got an email from her that he died in her arms on Monday.

Another customer emailed that he lost his little dox to Cushings 2 weeks ago.

So much sad news....I've been hugging my weens nonstop and telling them they have to live forever.

bittyup
03-13-2008, 07:46 PM
those stories are all so sad. they are all in my prayers. my chi little bit was fine one day and then he just went down.he had liver disease. he was old but he didn't act sick. my vet said because he had such a good diet and the herbs he was taking had helped him stay so well so long. there is another part to the rainbow bridge story that says once our pets get to the bridge their job is to find a new pet for us to love. for some it happens quickly for others it takes alot of time. my prayers and sympathy for all your friends.

Alex's Mom
03-13-2008, 07:49 PM
:candle2: for all of these souls on their way to the bridge...so much sadness!!

Rileybugg
03-13-2008, 10:40 PM
I will light some candles for the dogs and their families. It is so heartbreaking when they leave us. I always hope that the heartbreak is very soon replaced by warm and happy memories. :candle3: :hug99: :hug99:

Patt
03-14-2008, 02:24 AM
:sosad: :pray:ers for all. :candle3:

Mama S.
03-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Plenty of love and hugs coming from da herd. Such a sad tale - I also hope that wonderful memories bring comfort to their hearts.
Mama