PDA

View Full Version : What a way to start the week...

bumpergirl
01-30-2006, 01:50 PM
My week got off to an interesting start this morning...

Everything was just fine, right up until I left the apartment. I was holding Scooter in the crook of my left arm, as always, and had the girls on leashes. I got everybody into the car, and started out into metro DC rush hour traffic. I reached into the side pocket of my purse for my brand new (three days) cell phone and came out with a handfull of DOG POOP! :vomit:

Evidently as I was carrying Scooter out to the car he was simultaneously having a "movement" that I was unaware of. It seems the majority of said movement happened to land inside the side pocket of my purse on my cell phone.

I had a towel in the car (thank God), and managed to clean my hand and my phone off enough to make it for the rest of the drive. Unfortunately the drive took twice as long due to the pea soup fog this morning, so on top of everything else, I was now running late. I couldn't call in to work to TELL them I was running late because there was still a bunch of dog poop on my phone!

Once I finally arrived at the doggy day care, I let the girls out of the car as I always do (they normally run in the propped open door and wait for me in the vestibule), and went around to get Scooter. I took him into the vestibule, and there was Peanut but no Bailey. Thinking she had gone up the stairs like she sometimes does, I called her to come down. No response. I went all the way up the stairs...no Bailey. PANIC!

I ran back outside and started calling her. I see a flash of her tail about 50 yards off clear across the parking lot over by the construction company. The one with the trucks pulling in and out all the time! CRIPES!!

Still carrying Scooter I ran over there calling her to get over here immediately! Now, thinking she's in trouble she starts to cower and won't come. I finally reach her, scoop her up and run back over to the day care to make sure Peanut was still in the vestibule. She was, she's good that way. No wanderlust in her at all.

I finally got them all inside, got Scooter into his loaner cart, and off they went. I used their bathroom to FINALLY wash my hands, and managed to get to work a mere 20 minutes late.

Some Monday morning, huh?

Jill
01-30-2006, 01:54 PM
:vomit: is the only way to describe your morning.

This is what you need: :beer:

bumpergirl
01-30-2006, 01:57 PM
This is what you need: :beer:

Um...yeah. I'll be drinking my dinner I think!

Jen
01-30-2006, 01:57 PM
That definitely ranks as one of the worst Monday mornings EVER! :vomit:

What a long car ride that must have been!! Ewwww. Glad it all turned ok and they're all safely at daycare.

Courtney
01-30-2006, 02:13 PM
oh my GOD!!!! That is definitely a BAD Monday. I hope your phone and purse and HAND are recovering!!

K2
01-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Oh, what a way to start the week!! I would have turned around, gone home and gone back to bed. Start the week off tomorrow!! :bighug: I hope your day got better!

LUVMYGUNNER
01-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Start carrying baby wipes and paper towels and I would put my phone in a zip loc bag for the time being.

Lisa
01-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Is it wrong, that I think I hurt myself from laughing so hard at your misfortune? I think I found it so hilarious, because we must be kindred spirits, because that is totally something that would happen to me!

OMG, well at least when you tell people you've had a **** day you won't be exaggerating.

I hope your day get much better!

Michelle
01-30-2006, 02:59 PM
OMG!! You truly have had a :vomit: morning
I cannot imagine this happening to me without me cursing up a storm
Hope the rest of your day has been better..
How is the new cell phone btw????

bumpergirl
01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
How is the new cell phone btw????

The new cell phone has mercifully come completely clean. Thank goodness we had a bunch of alcohol wipes at work for the nooks and crannies! And for the record, the day has gotten better. It couldn't have gotten much worse!

Goob
01-30-2006, 03:16 PM
OMG That's the worst Monday I've EVER heard of!!!! :shocked:

I hope the rest of your day has improved!!!!!

Jacqueline
01-30-2006, 03:18 PM
The new cell phone has mercifully come completely clean. Thank goodness we had a bunch of alcohol wipes at work for the nooks and crannies! And for the record, the day has gotten better. It couldn't have gotten much worse!

I bought a new cell phone when I changed from analog to digital service....had it one week, and then accidently (it was all my hubby's fault) dropped it into what should have been a totally dry, but wasn't (4 feet of water) swamp. :mad: On a holiday.

Walmart carries a pouch, waterproof, that floats, seals, and would be poop-proof, for about 10 bucks. It has a cord so you can carry it around your neck if you want. I found it very handy, lol, for avoiding swamps, wild animals at the zoo, sand at the beach, other accidents. You can hear thru it.

Nancy
01-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Yup, that is a crappy way to start the day! Good to hear you got the phone situation cleaned up!

Rae
01-30-2006, 03:51 PM
I was pretty sure I was having the WORST Monday, then I saw Kelly's post but you take the cake. :spit:

thanks for the laugh. Sorry it was at your expense!

LUVMYGUNNER
01-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Lisa I had to laugh:rotfl: to but its always funnier when it happens to someone else,,, bless her heart for struggling with 3 pups one of them handicapped. I have problems handling Petunia and Gunner sometimes.:rotfl:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
01-30-2006, 03:59 PM
That has to be the worst morning EVER! I know I would' ve just went back home. I keep wipes with me anytime the puppers are going with me.

And I thought the day I threw up on myself was the worst! I was on my way to work, in pouring down rain, driving & trying to get my head out the window!
Power windows are s-l-o-w in such emergencies!

But I really think you have me beat today! Sorry it was sooo bad.

bumpergirl
01-30-2006, 04:13 PM
And I thought the day I threw up on myself was the worst! I was on my way to work, in pouring down rain, driving & trying to get my head out the window!
Power windows are s-l-o-w in such emergencies!

Now THAT made me feel better! As bad as my morning was, at least I didn't throw up on myself!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Rae
01-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Ummmm. Kel, there is always tomorrow...
I sometimes call Tuesday "Monday Junior"...

Frzframe
01-30-2006, 05:13 PM
And I thought I had it bad starting my day with cleaning up after 13 poopy puppies.

Hey Rae what is Wednesday called Monday the III :rotfl:

Yolanda
01-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Der Ms Kelly,

My buteer Sscoots, would not sdo wfat uus says. Dis had to be one of the girls trying to gets hims to trobles. I thinks dat is wfy Ms Bailey runs away.

Scoots, us guys have to sticks together Man. PEACE

Wetley

alfina
01-30-2006, 06:16 PM
OMG, beats any wrotten Monday I ever had

squirrel818
01-30-2006, 06:23 PM
OMG what are the chances of that happening! I am so sorry Kelly, what a horrible way to start the week. Shame on all you ladies for laughing! :rotfl:

lotsadox
01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
OMG, I'm glad the day got better. What a start!

jenfer
01-30-2006, 07:25 PM
lol. sorry, but i can't help but laugh you have poop in your pocket. ew.
hopefully tomorrow will be better for ya.

Fluffy
01-30-2006, 08:13 PM
OMG that is THE worst Monday EVER!! I'm glad your day got better!! I too am sorry for :rotfl: but you do tell a good story!!!

Mama S.
01-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Most definitely a "crap"py day :rotfl: Sorry but I thought stuff like that only happened to me! You are such a sweetie!! Hopefully the rest of the week will be a breeze!
Sandi

Anatresia
01-31-2006, 10:24 PM
WOW!!!! That is one crappy way to start the week!!!!:rayz: that things will be better for the rest of the week!