PDA

View Full Version : The search in on....

K2
01-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Well, I am starting to look for a sibling(although not another dog)for Pippit. I honestly don't know how he would do not being the only dog.

Tanya has been great in answering all my Hedgehog questions. So, I am looking into several Hedgehog rescue groups. Another possibility is a Chincilla(again looking at rescues)

I did find this great Hedgehog breeder~so..........I am just in the beginning stages. And don't know if it will happen or not. But, I wanted to all to know. Wish me luck!

bumpergirl
01-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I think hedgehogs are the absolute cutest things EVER, but Bailey has such a strong prey drive I don't dare bring even a cat into the house, much less something that small!

We want lots of pics when Pippit's new sibling joins the clan!

Jen
01-30-2006, 01:59 PM
The best of luck with your search!! I take it you've verified that Pippit has a low prey drive......

We'd love to see pics of another doxie/hedgehog family!

K2
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
I take it you've verified that Pippit has a low prey drive......

He seems to have a low prey drive(except for squeeky toys) And he is so sweet with kittens or little puppies, too.

K2
01-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Update: I really want a Hedgehog....So, I am now on a waiting list at a recommended breeders. So, I'll continue to look and wait....:hog:

HotDogMama
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
:wow3: I love the idea!! Good Luck on your search!! Keep us updated!! :cheer2:

Patt
01-30-2006, 06:14 PM
I wish you the best in your quest for a sibling for Pippit. :crossfin: :crossfin: and paws crossed in CA.

squirrel818
01-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Good Luck in finding the perfect addition to your pack! Kelly, my two are the same way, their prey drive is so strong we can't have cats either.

Tanya
01-30-2006, 06:28 PM
I am so excited that there might be another doxie/hedgie combo on the board! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Good luck with your search and keep me updated.

:prickles:

Frzframe
01-30-2006, 06:33 PM
I would love to get something differant but both Mitzi and Dudley wouldn't let me ever sleep again. I think little sugar gliders are super cute but then again HH are right up there on that cutness scale.

K2
01-31-2006, 06:16 PM
I just got off the phone with a breeder of hedgehogs. She is in New York(hmmmmm~could we possibly set up a transport from NY to Massachusetts??)

Anyway, she's expecting 2 litters in a few weeks. And 6 weeks later, I will have a new baby. I've checked her references(2 vets and a client)and feel very comfortable and also feel that her animals are healthy. The babies come with pedigre cert., health guarantee and lifetime support.

I am very close to putting down a deposit so I can choose one when the babies are born.

My question to all of you is~(I know it's a hedgehog and not a dog, but....)should I ask anything else???

Helen
01-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Woohoo! No advice, only congratulations! Have you told Pippit all about his new brother/sister? :D

squirrel818
01-31-2006, 08:02 PM
I would ask all the same questions you would ask a dog breeder. If she's the right breeder for you she won't mind taking the time to answer your questions. Congrats on your new addition, I can't wait to see pics!!!

Mama S.
01-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Oh this is sooo neat!!! Cannot wait for pictures!!! Just hink, I have a new grandbaby on da way ! So it's a bit spikier than my furbaby's who cares?!!!!
Sandi

K2
01-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh this is sooo neat!!! Cannot wait for pictures!!! Just hink, I have a new grandbaby on da way ! So it's a bit spikier than my furbaby's who cares?!!!!
Sandi

Thanks Mama S!!! :bighug: I'm so excited!!!:banana: :banana: