PDA

View Full Version : My baby starts school on Monday!

Anatresia
01-30-2006, 09:37 PM
I signed Rigby up for beginner classes at Petsmart this Monday.

Hopefully we can teach her to show the world the side of her we know and love, as opposed to the she-devil that surfaces when she sees other dogs and strange people.

I will let you all know how it goes!

(I'm so scared that we'll get kicked out of class because she's too evil!)

Goob
01-30-2006, 09:57 PM
:cheer2: Go Rigby! :cheer2:

I bet she'd do great and you both will have a lot of fun together!!! :banana:

Lisa
01-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Little Riggers will do great!

Helen
01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Little Miss Rigby will be great! (:crossfin: ) I can't wait to hear about your first class!

K2
01-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Rigby will do great!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

HotDogMama
01-31-2006, 09:01 AM
:crossfin: :crossfin: for a good class!! Please let us know how it goes, I really want to socialize Molly, but she is the same way. Always defending!! The only other dog she will have anything to do with is Lil' Bear--her cousin, I can't even take her into PetSmart anymore because she barks at every other dog we see, unless I'm holding her. Good Luck!

K2
01-31-2006, 09:14 AM
(I'm so scared that we'll get kicked out of class because she's too evil!)

Get kicked out???? Does anyone remember my story of Pippit's first TWO obendience classes? You know~the two HOUR long sessions that he spent barking at one kid's Dad who stood off to the side watching the class???

I'm sure Rigby won't be that bad!!

LUVMYGUNNER
01-31-2006, 09:14 AM
:appl: Little Rigby will do just great.

Nancy
01-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Please keep us posted on Rigby's progress! I'm sure he'll do great! :cheer2:

Mama S.
01-31-2006, 09:46 AM
So she shows them who is supreme commander of the universe?:rotfl: This is a problem?!! Good luck Riggers! We wuv you!!
sandi

Jen
01-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Good luck to you and Rigby! When we took Tasha to training we had the opposite problem....she tried to escape the classroom constantly since she was terrified of the other (small) dogs. :seeya: :oops:

jenfer
01-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Good luck with the class:crossfin: :crossfin:
Be sure to bring her most fav treats! It works wonder if you have that in hand. I still remember Gigi's puppy class, it was pure horror.

oceangirls
01-31-2006, 05:47 PM
I still remember Gigi's puppy class, it was pure horror.

Jen, you are SO NOT ENCOURAGING!!!!:shocked:

I wish I lived closer to some of you; I would take Cassie (first, maybe her sis later) to a beginner class if there was someone else with a stubborn little dachshund going! I actually think Cassie might do pretty well, she is social and wants to please. But I have visions of a whole class of perfectly behaved dogs and owners looking at me and my unruly, wild, defiant dachshund. I keep remembering Tanya's story of how no one wanted to work with Peaches :(.

Tell us how Rigby does!!! I hope it is fun for you both!!!! Sending some "good experience" rayz:rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

Frzframe
01-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh then you don't want to hear about how Dudley's classes went. :rotfl:

She'll do great just don't let her see you sweat. :)

Alex's Mom
02-01-2006, 08:23 AM
She'll be great! At least she couldn't be any worse than Maxe, who was definitely an obedience school drop out....we were "asked" to leave after 3 classes!!! The problem was that Maxe was so smart, she'd catch on to the lesson WAY too quickly for the other dogs, and by the time the others had figured it out, she was totally bored, and then would start to act up! Maxe's mantra in life was always "I understand the concept, I just don't see why it has to apply to me!!!" We won't talk about the first 6 years of her life and housetraining.... :rotfl: Alex, because of all her behavioural issues went to a whole bunch of classes in an attempt to socialize her, but without much success (she's extremely dog aggressive...absolutely HATES labs for some reason!), and I had to get a trainer to come to the house for her. So there...Rigby can't possibly be worse than that!!! Let us know how the little one does!

Patt
02-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Think positive! I think she is going to surprise you and do very well. Sending good behavior :rayz: :rayz: to Ms. Rigby.
Please keep us updated on her progress. :)

alfina
02-02-2006, 07:54 AM
I personally do not lke Petsmart classes. Trainers are not always the most experienced ad they do it right in the middle of the store. A lot of things going on and it is hard to keep dog's attention. Any training book says that you have to start training your dog without any distractions and then gradually introduce distractions. Everey time you introduce distractions, a dog regresses and you have to retrain it a bit.

So, don't get discouraged if you do not see results right away. And pick then yummiest treats you can find to keep her attention.

jenfer
02-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Jen, you are SO NOT ENCOURAGING!!!!:shocked:

it was when gigi was a puppy and i have no experience and no DLC for suggestions! i am sure tracy and rigby will have much better luck because all of you are giving her advice.

LUVMYGUNNER
02-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Well how is she doing??

Anatresia
02-04-2006, 10:09 AM
She starts this coming Monday. I am so nervous!

Bella's Mom
02-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Good Luck Rigby! We know you'll do great! :cheer2: