PDA

View Full Version : Buda 2008

Lisa
04-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Since I just continued the 2007 thread like a total :loser: I have now split it into a 2008 version, cause it was a really good thread!

Here is what I will be bringing to the event.

Chairs: at least 4 - 2 for me & Rafi & 2 for Tanya & John ~ if we can fit more we will bring them.

Cooler: loaded with water, crystal light (cause I hate water), Coke, Diet Coke & adult beverages (are you allowed to drink in public in TX? Serious question, you can't walk around with open alcohol in Ontario).

X-pen: big a$$ one, no idea the actual dimensions.

# attending: 2 adults (albeit immature ones) & the PQuads.

We will also bring a big sun umbrella to cover either humans or the x-pen and I have a couple of disposable table cloths to cover part of the x-pen if they need shade or we need to set up someplace for humans to sit on (plus Pogo is allergic to grass, so he needs a grass free zone).

Also have a first aid kit (for dogs), hand cleaner, hand sanitizer, poop pick-up bags, sunscreen, kleenex, paper-towels, garbage bags, water bottle of doom, bug spray, LOTS of dog treats, and I am sure I will have more before the actual event.

Now you all know why Tanya laughs at me!

Yolanda
04-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Ok, I will add my things.

1 person (me)
1 dog (GOOSEMan)
1 stroller
1 small vinyl cooler

If any one has a spare chair I can usse please bring it. since I am flying in I will be traveling light.

Tex
04-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Ok, I will add my things.

1 person (me)
1 dog (GOOSEMan)
1 stroller
1 small vinyl cooler

If any one has a spare chair I can usse please bring it. since I am flying in I will be traveling light.
Don't worry about seating. We've got 6 chairs and we'll bring them all, and our "spot" has a park bench if we can get the same place we were in last year. I always find myself on the ground with the puppers, so that frees up another chair.....I also have some extra water bowls for puppy drinks!

We'll be bringing a cooler with water, gatorade, Dr. Pepper, and adult beverages......YES, Lisa, you can drink at the fair grounds. Or at least, we did last year and no body stopped us......:scratch: . Remember, if you don't have twist off beverages, bring a bottle cap opener (yes, we had this problem last year...)

I also have 2 large sun umbrellas and one of Zandra's x-pens that we will be bringing. I'm fairly sure she's going to bring the other x-pen.

Hum.......am I missing anything....:scratch:

Lisa
04-03-2008, 12:46 PM
I always find myself on the ground with the puppers, so that frees up another chair IN the x-pen out outside of it? I am just wondering if there is a difference before vs. after the adult beverages? :D

Linus
04-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I have two x-pens that I can bring, but it sounds like we are going to have plenty. I'll bring the smaller one in case someone needs some alone time...

I can bring 4 chairs I think, but 3 of them have been in the shed for who knows how long (belong to the owners of my rental) and may not be in great shape.

I'll also bring KIM!! Oh, and I guess Bailey and Radley if I really have to. Buda is too much action for Milo, he'll just spend the day yelling, and its definitely too much for Joey.

Courtney
04-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Unfortunately Texas is not Europe (or Louisiana for that matter) and you can't drink alcohol in a park. Or a car. Pretty sure anyway. :D Not to mention you'd probably dehydrate so fast in the heat....

Lisa
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Unfortunately Texas is not Europe (or Louisiana for that matter) and you can't drink alcohol in a park. Or a car. Pretty sure anyway. :D Not to mention you'd probably dehydrate so fast in the heat.... That is why I asked. When we went to Fort Worth Stockyards, you could carry your drink around which was so weird to me, but I wasn't sure if that is because it is a specific "designated area". or a Texas thing.

lotsadox
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I think that is by municipality in Texas. Depends on the laws in Buda. Last year no one as blatant about it and no one was obviously intoxicated so no one bothered us. :D

I'm like Lisa. I have almost everything on my list that she had including a first aid kit for people. It's okay, Lisa. People laugh at me, too. I always pack like I'm going to some backward foreign land with no stores. :rotfl:

oceangirls
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Baby wipes would be good... melted Jello shots are messy :) Hint: when extracting the Jello, be careful not to crack the plastic cup :rolleyes:.

I sit on the ground too, so don't need a chair.

I am flying and dogless so will just be bringing my bag of dog treats to bribe other people's dogs to love me :lol:. But I can pick up anything else needed, will have a rental car too...

Lisa
04-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Baby wipes would be good...
melted Jello shots are messy :)

Got em!

lotsadox
04-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh, yeah, I always bring wipes. In fact, I take wipes whenever I travel :ashamed: and I'm hooked on hand sanitizer. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Cash will love you, Kim, with or without treats. Of course, tummy rubs are always welcome. Bogart will love you, too, especially with treats. :lol:

Courtney
04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I always pack like I'm going to some backward foreign land with no stores. :rotfl:

ME TOO!! Queen of overpacking, right here.

I think the Stockyards are private property. I'd be careful drinking in public property. Maybe drinking itself is not illegal, but being intoxicated is. I had a friend arrested for public intoxication after we went toobing in New Braunfels....he was sitting at a picnic table with his head down sleeping, not being obnoxious....

mistyleemom
04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
1 dog 1 stroller one doxie hat i dont have a x pen

doxyzoo
04-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Bringing:

me
oscar and rikka (unless she drives me crazy before then)
1 lawn chair and end table
plug in refridgerator that fits in car

Need:

anyone who wants to help with the dogs - this 2:1 ratio sucks at times

ebmw1975
04-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Ellen dont forget that I am at Zandra's and will be dogless and I am used to 3 doxies so I will be happy to help you or anyone!
I am also a overpacker, I dont think my luggage is big enough so am borrowing my moms as I figure I will be coming back with a lot more then I left with LOL and want as much extra room as possible.
I had good news Delta is going to have a wheelchair/scooter or cart to exscort me where i need to go in Atlanta and I will be given "really good" treatment on the plane as my customer service rep told me as sitting can cause issues for me after a long time esp if I am completely upright so now I am even happier!:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

Mama S.
04-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Hum.......am I missing anything....:scratch:

um yea - you fergot me:sosad:

Tanya
04-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Here is a document on Buda Park Rules:
http://www.ci.buda.tx.us/Forms/Park%20Use%20Rules.pdf

It doesn't say you can't have alcohol...it says "Public intoxication will not be permitted."

We are flying, so that limits what we can bring...
1 Flying Sausage
1 Cutie Pie
2 Servants
1 Camera
Not sure what else!

Thanks to Lisa for bringing chairs for us! :hug99:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
04-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I am bringing....

1 or 2 xpens

a least 6 chairs

up to 4 dogs (prob. only 3)

4 doxie crazy women (counting me), one mother, one aunt, one niece, one nephew and one new beau....

ebmw1975
04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
ummm Z you fergot me :sosad:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
04-03-2008, 09:10 PM
ummm Z you fergot me :sosad:

4 doxie crazy women... Andrea, Ellen, Myself and YOU!

but I guess I am not really taking Andrea and Ellen...they might want their own cars.

TheDoxieHaus
04-03-2008, 09:15 PM
We will be bringing:

2 dogs (Lola & Ries)
2 hoomans (Sandi & Randy)

we have 1 extra chair and also have 2 x-pens so if anybody needs one it will be there.

And will bring a cooler with a variety of water and drinks.

ebmw1975
04-03-2008, 09:19 PM
oh I thought you were talking about you, your mom, aunt and niece. Thanks fer meaning MEEEEEE!:hug99:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
oh I thought you were talking about you, your mom, aunt and niece. Thanks fer meaning MEEEEEE!:hug99:

na...they are just crazy...not doxie crazy... :)

lotsadox
04-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I just noticed that I forgot to post WHO was coming.

3 dogs - Bogart, Miller and Cash
2 servants for said dogs
1 stroller for Bogart
Some chairs, small cooler, miscellaneous supplies in a big bag. :rotfl: :rotfl:

And I promise I won't forget the treats, Lisa. I left them on the counter in the kitchen so that they would get left behind. A good thing too. We had a plumbing 'mishap' last night and the ceiling leaked in the storage room upstairs which is where I probably would have put them.

Good thing we have a truck. :lol:

mistyleemom
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
how will i know the group

Otto'sMom
04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
4 doxie crazy women... Andrea, Ellen, Myself and YOU!

but I guess I am not really taking Andrea and Ellen...they might want their own cars.

You may consider me taken, just like dog on a leash. Following in my SUV with a pack of rude dogs.

Otto'sMom
04-03-2008, 09:45 PM

You'll recognize the dogs, then the group of us under camped out under the tree near the bathroom. (Hope we get that spot again.)

lotsadox
04-03-2008, 09:58 PM

Probably won't be able to miss us. :lol:

We're going to try to get the spot under the tree again. That was a great spot to hang out.

Jacqueline
04-04-2008, 12:13 AM
You'll recognize the dogs, then the group of us under camped out under the tree near the bathroom. (Hope we get that spot again.)

Just look for a chocolate doxie handing out paper towels, and courting all the females. Andrea will be somewhere close. :rolleyes:

oceangirls
04-04-2008, 12:59 PM

I think Zandra (Sophie and Lili's Mom) was taking PMs of cell phone numbers for those who wanted to share contact info... but I agree you won't be able to miss us :). Usually several of us are wearing DLC t-shirts too. Just wander up and introduce yourself!

Lisa
04-04-2008, 01:04 PM
The first time I ever met Tanya was in Ohio 3 years ago. We were getting on an elevator and they were getting off. I looked down, and yelled (literally) OMG PEACHES!! And them...oh, "Hi, you must be Tayna, I'm Lisa"

Last year we went to Frankenmuth and even if I had never seen a picture of Amy, I would have known Owen and Laika anywhere (and Salsa is a gimme).

You really do recognize the dogs.

Tex
04-04-2008, 01:07 PM
IN the x-pen out outside of it? I am just wondering if there is a difference before vs. after the adult beverages? :D
Well, last year, I was on the ground before the jello shots 'cause we didn't have the x-pens set up yet.......I don't think it matters to me....I'm on the floor all day at work, so this is just a natural progression. Besides, it hurts less to fall over than to fall down once one has consumed said adult beverages! :D

Tex
04-04-2008, 01:12 PM
um yea - you fergot me:sosad:
Mama I could NEVER forget you....John maybe, but not you!!!!:hug99:

My previous post was in no way my full list...I was just trying to respond to the questions people had asked...

Tex
04-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Humans: Me (in my DLC shirt), my mother, MamaS., da Brat, John
Dogs: Julie, Jax, Jenni, mom's doxie Kacie, and Freckles if he's still here
Stuff: Zandra's other x-pen
6 chairs
2 sun umbrellas
1 blanket to sit on
big cooler stocked with beverages (all kinds):beer:
snacks for people & puppers
first aid kit for humans and dogs
sunscreen
extra towels
water bowls
written directions to our house for dinner Sat. night to hand out...
doggie poop bags
Julie & Jax's slings (we can loan them out if anyone's pup gets tired)
Sling I'm making for Radley!! :bbanana:

Um...I know there is more.....

I tend to over pack too....I firmly believe in being prepared for anything!!!
And I am determined to get that spot again! I don't care how early I/we have to leave the house, or if I have to go down by myself and let everyone else come later. I want that spot!!!

Linus
04-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Sling I'm making for Radley!! :bbanana:

:woohoo: Radley will be sure to give you lots of snuggles to thank you!! His wittle legs with his bum hip tire easily.

On that note: Everyone can rent a Radley for the small fee of gentle pats. He likes to lap surf. :D

Tanya
04-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Who made the brownies last year? Was that your mom, Tex? We definitely need those again! :D

Peaches had one more thing to add to my list: ball. And she will be guilting each and every one of you into playing fetch with her! :woohoo:

Linus
04-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Something else I just thought of - dog bandanas.

No, I'm not crazy. The weather in Texas changes every minute (right now its 54 in Waco and its been upper 70s forever...) and it has the possibility of being very mild or very hot.

Both my dogs get hot really easily, but I can dunk their bandanas in cold water and snap them on and it at least cools them a little - provided they are in the shade and it doesn't dry too fast.

(Old marching band tricks work for dogs too. :D)

lotsadox
04-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks for reminding me, Lins. :wink:

I got one of those Cooldana things for Cash last year for car shows. It has something in it that holds the coldness for a loooonnnggg time. You just soak it in ice water for 15 minutes and it stays cool for like a couple hours. I want to get a couple more for the other dogs.

ebmw1975
04-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I will bring my 2 cooldanas for other puppers to use as I will be pupperless. I am writing it on my "list" to pack now.

Jacqueline
04-05-2008, 03:54 AM
I am soooooo jealous, I want to go. I have three girls who pout every day when I go to work. I told them today to give me the six winning numbers and we won't have that problem any more. DO IT NOW!, and we will go meet all the other doxies and moms.

Maybe in two years, lol. Unless everyone wants to get together at my family reunion in August in Donipan, Mo. Nice hot weather. Blah.

Tex
04-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Who made the brownies last year? Was that your mom, Tex? We definitely need those again! :D

Peaches had one more thing to add to my list: ball. And she will be guilting each and every one of you into playing fetch with her! :woohoo:
Yep, my mom made brownies. I will definitely tell her we need those again....think I might need to make a batch too since we've got a lot of people coming!:cheer3:

Peaches, I volunteer John (mine, not your daddy) to play ball with you anytime!

Yolanda
04-07-2008, 09:14 AM
The countdown is in the teens YIPPEE!!!!!

lotsadox
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
:woonana: It's almost here!

Tex
04-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm so excited yet so incredibly broke right now it's not even funny! I SO wanted to get some cool stuff this year....

(:crossfin: I win the lottery int he next 3 weeks.....wait, I can't afford a ticket :()

lotsadox
04-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Okay, here's an updated list of the supplies that I'll be bringing:

2 - 4 chairs (depending on how much room we have)
Small Cooler
Paper towels
Wipes (dogs and humans)
Hand Sanitizer
Towels
Potty Bags
Trash Bags
Eco 88
Sunscreen
Tide To Go

If I think of anything else, I'll add it on.